Jase

Man of the Match  

96 members have voted

1. 1. Who Is Your Man of the Match?

• Replies 344
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've refrained from posting today because I knew that we would likely only leave Upton Park with either a point or worse. Things tend to go overboard if we lose on here. Although I expected a disappointing result, I wasn't expecting us to concede three after half time which makes this defeat all the more disappointing.

I don't see what good sacking the manager will do to be honest. I know the fans don't want him, but I'll go out on a limb here and say that if RDM were still in charge, things wouldn't be different.

Some more thoughts:

The squad needs a boost, and that'll only come in January. Torres needs to pack his bags, he's done here. We all know it, but this one is down to the board. No idea why they went into the season with only one true striker. It's embarrassing for a club of our stature.

I miss us having a physical presence on the pitch. The days of Essien/Ballack/Drogba bullying other teams is long gone. We used to be the best in the business at it.

My God we miss JT at the back. The CB partnership is never the same two games in a row and it's poor at best without JT there to organise the defence.

Cech should not be captain. He isn't as big an influence as you'd think, considering the time he's been at the club. Give it to Mata as far as i'm concerned, seeing as the CB partnership is never consistent.

I have a feeling Benitez's comments about the fitness of the squad are indeed true.

Cesar is awesome. Great bit of business there.

We will turn it around, we always do.

Realistically, this is still RDM's side; Benitez can only be judged after some time (and actual time to train the team).

We've been defending poorly for a long time, and I don't blame Benitez from trying to address that. I also have my doubts we can play with so many virtuosos up front (not talking about quality but characteristics).

Cahill had a poor game (poor distribution too)--surprised no one mentioned it. However, I do believe Iva, David, Terry, and Cole is our very best defense line, I don't think it'd have made much diff today: the midfield was very poor and got bossed in the second half. Please don't think Mickel and Ramires, think too the players who should've been there and weren't.

I really did NOT understand letting both Meireles and Essien go (injuries or not) and NOT getting replacements for the CM position. What if Ramires picks up an injury? After all he's been playing twice a week forever...

Torres had one very bad miss but actually was one of our better players overall today.

1) Free Header at the end of the match

2) Free shot inside the box after Hazard's shot

3) Skied shot after Ramires gave him the ball instead of playing in Ivanovic

4) And there was a weak shot I think before that from a good position

You give these four chances to anyone else at least ONE goal would have been scored.

Torres was the one demanded to be automatic striker after the Champions League Title - so now it's absolutely fair to blame him and whoever is forcing managers hands to play him 90 minutes every match. If today is a good performance because of one cut back than we have low standards.

i think he had a much better record than p3 w0 d2 l1 record...

Really, in PL his last 4 games were p4 w0 d2 l2 7 goals conceded.

Is that really that better? well, last season when he got he job Chelsea was in 5th position and end up in 6th. You should say Benitez is not the right man because of the things he said in the past, and you can also say RDM is a legend. To other is side you cant deny RDM record was far from great.