RDM Sacked. Who's next?

CHOULO19

Next Manager  

150 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you think will be the next CFC manager?

I know Carlo works wonders with old(er) players and he did with us in his first season, but there is one opponent not even Ancelotti can get the better off and that's father time.

No one can and that's not the manager's fault. If you have a manager for 10 years, even the best manager in the world, they are going to have 2 or 3 down years. This isn't Spain where there basically two teams who win everything. In lEngland, the best teams have years where they win nothing. ManU have been the best team in the Premier League era. They won nothing last year. They only won the league cup in 09-10 and 05-06. They won nothing in 04-05, etc...Should they have fired Ferguson after every down year? If it were Roman running ManU, SAF would have been fired in 03-04. As I wrote earlier, Roman has fired four managers a year after they came in second in the Premier League. That's crazy. The expectations on Chelsea managers are absurd and the only way any manager will take the job is with the mindset "I'll make a ton of money out of this no matter what and hopefully stay a year or two" because no sane human being would take a job with a boss whose expectations are that insane..

• Replies 864
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Money and the Mourinho revolution made you a Chelsea fan. Not Roman. Anyone else with that much money and the obvious logical sense to cash in on Jose would do the same for us. I am not going to the extent that he should be slated but this is just too extreme. if rafa benitez or harry redknapp come in, fml

FUCK, Mourinho wasnt even the manager and we hadnt even bought anyone. Dont judge what you dont know.

All I was saying is that he brought us international visibility and it made a lot of today`s fan. I would probably not be a fan (and many of us), just because CFC would not have gotten media coverage, so it would be hard to feel a connection.

If I was attracted to Money, Mourinho and Success, why I am not a RM fan?

Doesn't matter how much money you get, it's what you buy and all RDM bought where NO.10's, when we've got the worst DM in the league and players like David Luiz at the back.

I know we lack players in the positions you mentioned. To be honest though, you would just say we bought ST and DM without buying n10s. We had too much of a shop list to complete it in one season.

you watch, Grant will be brought in temporarily as he is Roman's mate....totally agree with this article http://www.telegraph...bafflement.html

I'd actually prefer Grant to Benitez for a short-term manager. Benitez would have designs on trying to make the job his own. I don't see that with Grant. If it's a temporary manager, I don't see why they didn't just give RDM more time though.

I know we lack players in the positions you mentioned. To be honest though, you would just say we bought ST and DM without buying n10s. We had too much of a shop list to complete it in one season.

It doesn't matter, if that's the case then we shouldn't of bought Hazard and such. We should of just bought a new striker and DM, they are the main priorities.

FUCK, Mourinho wasnt even the manager and we hadnt even bought anyone. Dont judge what you dont know.

regardless of who the manager was. focus on the bigger issue here. ranieri/mourinho signed the players using roman's MONEY and built the club. no point defending roman now of all times. we all know he is passionate and all that but reminding that now is just plain useless. why even bother giving the job to di matteo if he's going to press the trigger at the slightest twitch? can't argue with that. daft nonsense from roman and the board.

As much as i don't like Benitez, there is no one better available and ready for work right now.

I'd rather have man manager Redknapp till the end of the season. Very weak tactically but there's not much need for that till the end of the season. I'd rather have soneone who motivate players and enjoy playing. And I'm sure he could secure a top 4 spot, which is all we need to focus on right now.

It doesn't matter, if that's the case then we shouldn't of bought Hazard and such. We should of just bought a new striker and DM, they are the main priorities.

They are the main priorities because we already filled the n10 spot buying Hazard and Oscar. I wont denny you are right pointing those 2 gaps on our squad. I just feel it was more important to secure Hazard and Oscar this season and then buy ST and DM next season, since they are still available.

With our budget, it was either ST+DM or Hazard+Oscar.

As much as i don't like Benitez, there is no one better available and ready for work right now.

He hasn't managed any team in nearly two years now and we all remember how horrible he was at Inter and during his last season at Liverpool. I honestly don't understand how he could do any better than Di Matteo for the rest of the season because the players will have to get used to his complicated training methods and tactics and that could take a while, so we shouldn't expect anything from him anytime soon. While I understand the reasoning of Di Matteo's sacking and believe it might have been the right call long term wise, I don't get why he had to go now when there really are no better alternatives available. Why sack managers just for the sake of sacking them?

If there's someone I would be happy to take in this situation it would be Redknapp. Tactically that guy is clueless but he's a decent man manager and that's what we need right now to sort this mess out. Offer him a short term contract and we're set to go till next summer when we can make a more permanent appointment.

Rafa isn't a defensive manager.

Inter had defensive players. So he used defensive tactics there.

Liverpool had Torres. He knew how to get the best out of him. So he deployed counter-attacking tactics.

At Valencia, he had possession-based attacking tactics, while deploying counter-attacking tactics when needed. I could compare what he had them doing on the pitch to what Real Madrid do now.

He's been different at all the clubs he's managed.

He did the "Spanish Job" with Valencia. Does anyone remember the player Aimar was under Rafa at Valencia? Imagine what he could potentially do with any 3 of our maestros.

With the striker he made 'one of the best' at one point. (Well, in some people's eyes anyway.)

With the financial power no other club he's been at could offer.

There COULD be allot of positives to appointing Rafa. No need for all the pessimism.