RDM Sacked. Who's next?

CHOULO19

Next Manager  

150 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you think will be the next CFC manager?

• Replies 864
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

If we sign Sven to take over I will cry.

I'm also surprised to see that odds of Avram Grant taking over are 40/1!!!!

Isn't Avram manager of Partizan? If so i don't see anyone leaving a full time role for an interim role, neither do i see us paying compensation to break a contract.

What brought you in here? :-)

We have offices in Vimperk and Plsen + Stenovice

Absolutely love Plsen since the Skoda factory stopped polluting it, has an amazing Town Sq and great Church.

Plus, Czech people are really nice, women are gorgeous - but approachable and the blokes are friendly - e.g not looking for trouble....

So hopefully back again in Jan and quite a bit more in the future :)

Driving via Munich is also 1 hour quicker, even tho 100km longer!!!! Crazy :D

So after all that, needed my dose of TalkChelsea :D

Alright now that we are done with cursing the board, let's try and change the discussion a bit:

Am I the only one who thinks that Pep is a much bigger risk than Rafa?

In a way, yes because I think expectations for Guardiola would be insane. No new manager would be able to come in and suddenly turn Chelsea into the Premier League champions or something.I don't think who the manager is matters much, Chelsea just need to find someone, let that person have a greater say in transfer policy, and actually stick with him for at least a few years even if that means accepting disappointing results.

We have offices in Vimperk and Plsen + Stenovice

Absolutely love Plsen since the Skoda factory stopped polluting it, has an amazing Town Sq and great Church.

Plus, Czech people are really nice, women are gorgeous - but approachable and the blokes are friendly - e.g not looking for trouble....

So hopefully back again in Jan and quite a bit more in the future :)

Driving via Munich is also 1 hour quicker, even tho 100km longer!!!! Crazy :D

So after all that, needed my dose of TalkChelsea :D

Lovely to see you enjoy staying in the country! Plsen really is a beautiful city, and the beer, right! Make sure next time you will be here you let me know! We can meet up!

Alright now that we are done with cursing the board, let's try and change the discussion a bit:

Am I the only one who thinks that Pep is a much bigger risk than Rafa?

So now that you're done with cursing the board you wanna take a swing at Pep ?

Okay i'll play along.

No i don't. Imo he's the best candidate out there.

Lovely to see you enjoy staying in the country! Plsen really is a beautiful city, and the beer, right! Make sure next time you will be here you let me know! We can meet up!

Of course! That would be awesome, spent most of the night in a place called 'The Pub'

You have a beer tap on your table, pour own beer! And live leader board from Prague/Plsen/Vienna etc - awesome idea :)

Yup when I'm heading back will sort out meeting up :)

Great to wake up on your birthday and find out that this happens, thanks Chelsea! Anyway, although I thought that Roman and the board only gave RDM the job due to the THAT victory and Pep's refusal, I didn't think he would be out. Aren't they forgetting our great run of form? But only way Roman can do if we are on the slippery slope of exiting the Champion's League is too fire the manager. Oh well, another bites the dust eh? I don't get why Benitez is linked to the job, liverpool blood...I'm sure blondie is happy! KTBFFH, but maybe not quite - today.

In a way, yes because I think expectations for Guardiola would be insane. No new manager would be able to come in and suddenly turn Chelsea into the Premier League champions or something.I don't think who the manager is matters much, Chelsea just need to find someone, let that person have a greater say in transfer policy, and actually stick with him for at least a few years even if that means accepting disappointing results.

Pep will only come by these terms, I am sure. Roman must give it to someone he trusts, I dont care if it is right or wrong anymore, just dont want us to fire a manager per year.

I disagree a good manager does not make an impact. The players are the most important aspect of the game, but the coach has some very important jobs. A great coach does not win titles, but a bad one certainly loses them.

Thank you Robbie. Thank you for the amazing comeback vs Napoli, the victory over Barcelona heard around the world and bringing tears of joy to my eyes on that historic night in Munich. Oh and the look on that scumbag Platini's face.

I disagree a good manager does not make an impact. The players are the most important aspect of the game, but the coach has some very important jobs. A great coach does not win titles, but a bad one certainly loses them.

I agree somewhat with this. I think most managers can win with good teams. Nobody thinks Grant was a particularly good manager, but Chelsea were fantastic under him and we were unlucky not to win the CL. RDM was not regarded particularly highly as a manager, but we won the CL with him. Where managers can make a big difference is negatively. If a manager can't communicate with players either personally or with his tactics, the team will suffer. Overall though, if you get a manager who can communicate properly and knows his football, I don't think it matters all that much which manager you choose. Any manager would do well at Barca and every manager will do poorly with Reading.