Juventus 3-0 Chelsea

Jase

Man of the Match  

98 members have voted

1. 1. Who Is Your Man of the Match?

Felt absolutely humiliated and depressed after the game, getting over it now but still can't face the fact that we are making our own history in a bad way, being the first ever holders to go out in the group stage. But it is not all doom and gloom, Shakhtar will want to top the group and for certain will play their best team against Juve and they are a formidable outfit at home and outplayed Juve in Turin. Problem is Juve will be more up for the game than Shakhtar will as it means means more for them. But just imagine had Juve beaten Norsejland (don't know they did not manage to with all respect), we would have been confirmed out and maybe that draw for them there could be a blessing in disguise for us. Had we just held out our lead against Juve, case would have been so much different.

Well tbh based on performances anyway, we deserve to go out and if Shakhtar and uve go through, deservedly so. Let's just pray Shakhtar do what they do best and win at home. They definitely can beat Juve, fingers crossed. That is one of the hardest games, you can have to ensure your tea goes through to the next round. People acting like as if they are playing Noorsejland, no they are playing Shakhtar and while many of you may point out that Shakhtar are already through so it may mean less to them, they definitely will want to top the group like I already said. They don't want to get to a situation where they finish second and face a possibility of playing Barca and last time that happened Barca battered them 5-0. Barca are a team nearly everyone will want to avoid, so Shakhtar will be desperate to finish top. Out of our hands but all to play for!

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@TorontoChelsea, our fans have the mentality an outside intervention is always a saving grace. It could be a manager or big names for 50mi.

We have to work to improve certain major problems we are facing, destroying what is being done and restart is putting us on a vicius cycle and stopping us form moving foward.

How do we know? SAF is the best manager in Premier League history and it took him five years to win anything. RDM won the CL and FA Cup 6 months ago and people want him gone. Why isn't he the right type of manager for Chelsea? Because he isn't a big name? Do people really think that there are magic tactics out there that make players great and solve all our problems? Do people actually believe that if we had Pep Guardiola as our manager we'd be dominating? I'm sick of this "get rid of them" mentality every time something doesn't go our way. You know who would be a perfect manager for us? Carlo Ancelotti. He turned Pirlo into a world-class deep-lying midfielder with Milan. He had excellent experience and success in a variety of different leagues. But we sacked him. Why? Because our club thinks that every time a manager doesn't win something, they deserve to get fired. Is it possible for the club to ever have a bad streak without talk of a managerial change? I don't think so. It's ridiculous. Doesn't winning the CL buy more than a handful of games before the "he's not right" talk starts? Apparently not.

SAF is also pretty flexible in terms of tactics. He tries to change things up, like this season, United have played 4-5 different formations.

RDM sticks to the same tactics..but then out of nothing, he decides to try an untested tactic against an in-form Juve team that simply rip us apart. How could you possibly expect to win a match (unless your the manager of Spain) without a striker on the pitch.

Stupid to put pressure on a manager when you didn't fucking give him a striker before the season started.

We have other problems with the team for sure but a better striker would have gotten us points in some of the games we've lost/drawn so far.

Today for example we were more or less forced to play 3 midfielders in front, and had no aerial threat at all. Who's fault is this? the genius who decided to go into the season with just Torres as striker.

How could you possibly expect to win a match (unless your the manager of Spain) without a striker on the pitch.

Who should he have started? invisible man Torres? we would have lost anyway and he'd be slated for not having the "balls" to drop him.

Sturridge would have started had he not gotten injured.

Well now we have to finish in the top 4.

.how serious should we be abour thursday night foolball?

The club recently posted a profit and record turnover...but that didn't include our summer purchases,I can already see what next years figures are going to be like...we lost a lot of money tonight

I also hate when you get people saying "Torres should have started". No he should not have, he is shit nearly every game he plays for us and had to be dropped as he kept starting even when he was playing awful. Torres starting tonight, would not of had a difference, I still would prefer if he is benched against City. People claiming Torres should have started is a lame excuse to put pressure on RDM.

Who should he have started? invisible man Torres? we would have lost anyway and he'd be slated for not having the "balls" to drop him.

Sturridge would have started had he not gotten injured.

Moses was available? Sure, he's more of a RW..but considering how shit Torres has become, we should be prepared to try Sturridge, Moses, whoever at CF.

Moses was available? Sure, he's more of a RW..but considering how shit Torres has become, we should be prepared to try Sturridge, Moses, whoever at CF.

You said in your previous post "how can you win a match without a striker" Moses is not a striker, he's been playing on the wings since forever now. And like i said, i'm pretty sure Sturridge would have started if he was fit, he deserved it after his -much better than Torres- performance against WBA.

SAF is also pretty flexible in terms of tactics. He tries to change things up, like this season, United have played 4-5 different formations.

RDM sticks to the same tactics..but then out of nothing, he decides to try an untested tactic against an in-form Juve team that simply rip us apart. How could you possibly expect to win a match (unless your the manager of Spain) without a striker on the pitch.

SAF changes tactics because he has the depth to do so. He has Van Persie, Javier Hernandez, Rooney, Kagawa, Nani, Welbeck, and Valencia for the attack. He can go wide or narrow. What options does RDM have? A 4-3-3? Well, if you look at positioning, we've actually played 4-3-3 a fair bit this season with Oscar dropping deep. We have a roster that has very little flexibility. We just don't have the depth. Anyway, had RDM started Torres we still would have lost and people would have blamed him for starting Torres.

calm down guys, we are in transition, we have to be patient..especially Roman have to be...we are so talented, we only need captain, leader, legend back and more confident striker, who is capable shoot a goal from one chance...we will be Champions of Europe again!

I find it hard to believe youve been a fan as long as you claim when you make a post like this

oh, i'm so fucking hurt. i care so much what about what you think of me.

and they are twats lately.

while you may not have any expectations at all and are okay we're out of the champions league, i am not. i expect much, much better from the lads.

i know we have had way more hardship than these, but that was then. i don't live in the past, i live in the present.

Roman will offer a Porsche to every Shakthar player scoring against Juve or an other fillip to make sure, they are up to it.

Does anyone know if it suffices if we win 7-0 against Nordsjaelland and the others draw so we will be ahead Juve in goal difference.

Roman will offer a Porsche to every Shakthar player scoring against Juve or an other fillip to make sure, they are up to it.

Does anyone know if it suffices if we win 7-0 against Nordsjaelland and the others draw so we will be ahead Juve in goal difference.

7-0?

lmao.

we'd be very, very lucky if we can get away with a 1-0 or 2-1 win.

Goal difference doesn't matter. According to UEFA's tie breaking system..if two teams end up on equal points after all matches have been completed, the team with the higher number of points obtained in the group matches played among the teams in question will qualify through to the knockout stages.

Juventus have obtained 4 points from us, hence even if they draw at Shakhtar, they'll go through based on Uefa's tie breaker system.

dude cech saved us what in the 2nd or 3rd minute. the no. of bad choices by their strikers of passing than taking shots were immense. we got outplayed , overrun and bloody well owned by a very good team. they dominated thru out the match and towards the end we were left red faced. all we had was hazard's chance and mata's half chance. that's it. we were poor both defensively and offensively. we got exactly what we deserved

Disagree. Their first two goals had an incredible slice of luck. Any team Barca, Milan, Utd would have struggled against Juve and their incredible 12th man, in that stadium. Chelsea played very well albeit with a lack of striker and any leadership on the pitch-yet still managed 12 shots on target.. Any time a real danger for the home side was materialising a cynical foul ensued -they fouled more than 3 times the rate of Chels.

No way Chelsea were 'owned'.

Juventus were far more superior than us. Should have been something like 5-1 looking at the chances. I've been firm supporter of Di Matteo and I still am but questions like "has this Chelsea job come to him too fast in his career? Is he ready? Can he handle the egos in the dressing room, in the club?" - we don't know that but as far as expectations go, he hasn't delivered. I'm not calling for a sack, far from it, I'm just thinking out loud. You couldn't get anyone to replace him, presuming Pep Guardiola won't accept any job offer till new season.

Let's look at it realistically. We're third with 7 points, GD of +1; Juventus 2nd with 9 points, GD of +7 and Donetsk 1st with 10 points and GD of +5.

Only ways we can go through now are:

1) Donetsk and Juventus play out a draw and we have to beat Nordsjaelland 7:0 - highly unlikely regardless of their status in this competition. I just read what Reddish-Blue wrote, so there's only one way for us to progress if goal difference doesn't play any role.

2) Donetsk beats Juventus and we beat Nordsjaelland.

There are some positives to take out of this game. One being that the club and manager acknowledge the fact that we have no proper strikers. Torres won't be here for another season, I'm sure of that. And I can't say I'd be too bothered if Sturridge is sold to Liverpool. Smart moves, not hasty moves have to be taken in both the dressing room and upcoming transfer window. Falcao? Shürrle? Bony? Remy? Llorente? ...perhaps, the club will know best. All talk is around striker situation, in my eyes we need cover for our centre back pairing. With Terry injured and let's face it on the wrong side of 30, we have little to no cover for Cahill and Luiz - only if we play Azpilicueta as right-back and Ivanovic in the middle.

Only one I'd bring up from our team is Cech, solid display and kept us in it till the first goal. We had that coming. With the chances they had and the dominance, 3-0 could have been a lot worse. Some others played good as well here and there but weren't consistent nor as influential to the gameplay.

Loss is a loss, especially in the back of the West Brom defeat. Chin up, deal with it. Juventus deserved it, congratulations to any Juventus fans reading this.

Juventus were far more superior than us. Should have been something like 5-1 looking at the chances. I've been firm supporter of Di Matteo and I still am but questions like "has this Chelsea job come to him too fast in his career? Is he ready? Can he handle the egos in the dressing room, in the club?" - we don't know that but as far as expectations go, he hasn't delivered. I'm not calling for a sack, far from it, I'm just thinking out loud. You couldn't get anyone to replace him, presuming Pep Guardiola won't accept any job offer till new season.

Let's look at it realistically. We're third with 7 points, GD of +1; Juventus 2nd with 9 points, GD of +7 and Donetsk 1st with 10 points and GD of +5.

Only ways we can go through now are:

1) Donetsk and Juventus play out a draw and we have to beat Nordsjaelland 7:0 - highly unlikely regardless of their status in this competition. I just read what Reddish-Blue wrote, so there's only one way for us to progress if goal difference doesn't play any role.

2) Donetsk beats Juventus and we beat Nordsjaelland.

There are some positives to take out of this game. One being that the club and manager acknowledge the fact that we have no proper strikers. Torres won't be here for another season, I'm sure of that. And I can't say I'd be too bothered if Sturridge is sold to Liverpool. Smart moves, not hasty moves have to be taken in both the dressing room and upcoming transfer window. Falcao? Shürrle? Bony? Remy? Llorente? ...perhaps, the club will know best. All talk is around striker situation, in my eyes we need cover for our centre back pairing. With Terry injured and let's face it on the wrong side of 30, we have little to no cover for Cahill and Luiz - only if we play Azpilicueta as right-back and Ivanovic in the middle.

Only one I'd bring up from our team is Cech, solid display and kept us in it till the first goal. We had that coming. With the chances they had and the dominance, 3-0 could have been a lot worse. Some others played good as well here and there but weren't consistent nor as influential to the gameplay.

Loss is a loss, especially in the back of the West Brom defeat. Chin up, deal with it. Juventus deserved it, congratulations to any Juventus fans reading this.

UCL use H2H record, so if juve and shaktar get a draw, we are out

The only way we can go through is if juve lose