Jase

Man of the Match  

98 members have voted

1. 1. Who Is Your Man of the Match?

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Luiz seems to be the scapegoat of every bad defensive performance from the team.He was good today by his awful standards.Everyone was very inconsistent in the back.Mikel was just awful, I swear he keeps walking on the pitch.We need a good DM just as much as a striker.

Very good today?, did you watch the game?.

If we do go out of the Champions League, then I think we deserved it. We have not played convincingly at all in any of the 5 games till now and defensively, we just look woeful and all over the place.

Even if we go through we dont deserve it. We blew a 2-0 lead at home, we got outplayed in both Shakthar games, lost 3-0 to Juve.

Tinkering with a transitional team for me is the worst mistake a manager can achieve. Settled Teams like juventus/barca/madrid/bayern have played a similar line up week in week out and they don't complain of fatigue y not us even mourinho hardly tinkered while at chelsea hence the telepathic understanding of cech terry lamps and drogba. We get scared of fatigue too much. If at all we want to rest players or make a change at least one or two is ok not 5 or 6 in consecutive games. We should always start with our defined line up and personnel and if during the game they get tired then we can substitute. I don't buy the idea that because we draw or loose a match or two then we should change our formation, personnel or even strategy(except its barca). The formation and personnel we used against spurs, arsenal, manu and liverpool(but for the defense) is obviously our best and should not be tinkered with for any reason when fit. This will bring about more understanding within the team. Sorry to say but if torres isn't scoring or is fatigued then put sturridge in and rotate instead of changing the whole squad for the next game why not make one or two. This tinkering is really getting on my nerves..why did we set up to defend when we know we no longer have a clinical striker or finisher upfront how do we expect to score???.we have the personnel to create nothing less than 10 to 15 chances per game yet we want to defend when it has never worked this season. Against athletico, shakhtar(away),juve(home and away), swansea(away)...I just think the british media is gettn into RDM's head which is confusing him the more. I honestly think if we had played the team(formation) we used vs liverpool we would have been better off and we should from now on yes we might have been outplayed but we still would have had a lot of our chances because of our attackers but to defend and still concede three without reply is an insult to chelsea once again just like against athletico. RDM should make up his mind attack or defense what is his way forward...pls no tinkering.

Even if we go through we dont deserve it. We blew a 2-0 lead at home, we got outplayed in both Shakthar games, lost 3-0 to Juve.

You're just repeating what I said except you are phrasing it the other way round...

The key game was definitely the first game against Juventus. Had we seen the game out against Juventus at home, the situation would have been so different!

RDM might not be the greatest tactican, but he has the respect of the players and fans. For people saying he should have brought in another striker, we know he has nothing to do with transfers and seeing as he wasn't first choice for the job in the first place, he couldn't go around making demands, besides, we know the problem was noted as we tried to bring in Loric Remy on deadline day.

We're in a bad run of form, Juventus are on fire, no complaints, they are the better team. People need to remember we have alot of new young players and they need time, we don't suddenly turn into world beaters overnight.

These are the hard facts, We finished SIXTH in the Premiership last season. We're lucky to be in this conpetition and we came up against a top team and lost, I don't know why thats such a suprise. If RDM is sacked on the basis of this it will be an outrage to the club and epotimize everything thats wrong with modern football.

Stability = Long term succes

You're just repeating what I said except you are phrasing it the other way round...

The key game was definitely the first game against Juventus. Had we seen the game out against Juventus at home, the situation would have been so different!

LOL

It is true, thought you said something else. #shame

RDM might not be the greatest tactican, but he has the respect of the players and fans. For people saying he should have brought in another striker, we know he has nothing to do with transfers and seeing as he wasn't first choice for the job in the first place, he couldn't go around making demands, besides, we know the problem was noted as we tried to bring in Loric Remy on deadline day.

We're in a bad run of form, Juventus are on fire, no complaints, they are the better team. People need to remember we have alot of new young players and they need time, we don't suddenly turn into world beaters overnight.

These are the hard facts, We finished SIXTH in the Premiership last season. We're lucky to be in this conpetition and we came up against a top team and lost, I don't know why thats such a suprise. If RDM is sacked on the basis of this it will be an outrage to the club and epotimize everything thats wrong with modern football.

Stability = Long term succes

Stability with the correct type of manager = Long term success.

I'm not sure if RDM is the correct type of manager for Chelsea.

This is all intentional. Roman wants to win Europa League, as we won the Champions League already :ph34r:

Probably the most undeserved 3-0 win in history. OK our finishing and defence was poor, but Juve were just as bad. Giovinco's goal was their only shot on goal they did not fuck up completely. With Terry's leadership in defence and Lampard's finishing we would have thrashed them easily with the chances we created. Such a redundant but expected result considering we do the same mistakes all over again in every game. U can play crap only if u got luck on your side but we are chelsea nd we seldom have

Sometimes I'm just surprised by people really...incredible, in the second half, without counting our 2 goals, we've had an incredible chance with Vucinic from 8 m, another shot from Vucinic, another chance with Pirlo. Can you just give one time, just ONE time where Chelsea did a shot on goal in the secondo half ?? NO, because their wasn't a single time where the blues did something dangerous in the last 45 minutes

Let's talk about the first half now.... to our first chance with Lishteiner (the poste), you've risponded with an amazing chance of Hazard, then we had another great chance with Marchisio (miraculous save of Cech), a chance for quagliarella,Oscar responded with a good opportunity, then our first goal, one minute after the goal we had another amazing chance with lischteiner with your defenders saving the ball on the line, after that a great chance for Mata.....the first half was equilibrated, so a draw would have been more fair but in the second half you disappeared, we didn't let you play, while in the first half i almost had a cardiac arrest 2 or 3 times, in the second part of the game I was calm and never got scared, because we were controlling the match

in the entire game, Chelsea had 2 great chances: Hazard and Mata, and according to UEFA stats we've had 26 shots against 12 , and 15 shots on target against 6.

Every body is talking about a Juventus that smashed Chelsea, and reading your comment is absolutely incredible.

You must take off the mask of a supporter and try to be objective, but I have to say that I am not sure if we are going to pass this group stage, and if we don't , I am proud of the players, because today they played very well against a great team of Chelsea (I think that you need a more courageous manager, a one that wants his team to play the ball, and not just defend and wait for Mata-Oscar-Hazard to do something)

if we pass, we'll deserve it, if you pass, you'll deserve it, good luck for your last game (saying that you're already eliminated is wrong, because in the CL, you never know what might happen)

I'm sorry for my english

Sometimes I'm just surprised by people really...incredible, in the second half, without counting our 2 goals, we've had an incredible chance with Vucinic from 8 m, another shot from Vucinic, another chance with Pirlo. Can you just give one time, just ONE time where Chelsea did a shot on goal in the secondo half ?? NO, because their wasn't a single time where the blues did something dangerous in the last 45 minutes

Let's talk about the first half now.... to our first chance with Lishteiner (the poste), you've risponded with an amazing chance of Hazard, then we had another great chance with Marchisio (miraculous save of Cech), a chance for quagliarella,Oscar responded with a good opportunity, then our first goal, one minute after the goal we had another amazing chance with lischteiner with your defenders saving the ball on the line, after that a great chance for Mata.....the first half was equilibrated, so a draw would have been more fair but in the second half you disappeared, we didn't let you play, while in the first half i almost had a cardiac arrest 2 or 3 times, in the second part of the game I was calm and never got scared, because we were controlling the match

in the entire game, Chelsea had 2 great chances: Hazard and Mata, and according to UEFA stats we've had 26 shots against 12 , and 15 shots on target against 6.

Every body is talking about a Juventus that smashed Chelsea, and reading your comment is absolutely incredible.

You must take off the mask of a supporter and try to be objective, but I have to say that I am not sure if we are going to pass this group stage, and if we don't , I am proud of the players, because today they played very well against a great team of Chelsea (I think that you need a more courageous manager, a one that wants his team to play the ball, and not just defend and wait for Mata-Oscar-Hazard to do something)

if we pass, we'll deserve it, if you pass, you'll deserve it, good luck for your last game (saying that you're already eliminated is wrong, because in the CL, you never know what might happen)

I'm sorry for my english

You lot were fully deserved of your win. Think it would have been different had Hazard scored but over the 90 mins you fully deserved it, your midfield and use of the wingbacks were excellent and controlled the game. Admittedly accept you were the better team on the night. Still think it is easily possible that you lose to Shakhtar but yes you summed it up quite well, if you pass you will deserve it, if we pass we will deserve it.

The post you were referring to was probably made in anger.

fuck the CL we are going to win PL,Worldcup,Capital cup,fa and the shit europa leauge... hell yahhhhhhhhh 5 out of 5 :blue scalf:

ps:i think im still drunk

anyway hope roman neversay he wants a youth hungry team again :rant: ... at the moment we are arsenal 2.0 beta version ...

Stability with the correct type of manager = Long term success.

I'm not sure if RDM is the correct type of manager for Chelsea.

How do we know? SAF is the best manager in Premier League history and it took him five years to win anything. RDM won the CL and FA Cup 6 months ago and people want him gone. Why isn't he the right type of manager for Chelsea? Because he isn't a big name? Do people really think that there are magic tactics out there that make players great and solve all our problems? Do people actually believe that if we had Pep Guardiola as our manager we'd be dominating? I'm sick of this "get rid of them" mentality every time something doesn't go our way. You know who would be a perfect manager for us? Carlo Ancelotti. He turned Pirlo into a world-class deep-lying midfielder with Milan. He had excellent experience and success in a variety of different leagues. But we sacked him. Why? Because our club thinks that every time a manager doesn't win something, they deserve to get fired. Is it possible for the club to ever have a bad streak without talk of a managerial change? I don't think so. It's ridiculous. Doesn't winning the CL buy more than a handful of games before the "he's not right" talk starts? Apparently not.