Jase

Man of the Match  

98 members have voted

1. 1. Who Is Your Man of the Match?

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You will dream this match when we will raise the cup of the champions.

Ok mate... Never say never after last year, but no, hopefully you get beat by shakhtar we go through and you will remebr us lifting it for the second time... :)

I really don't want RDM to be sacked, but I wish we could learn that with mazacar, we can't defend deep properly like last season. They are posession based players, so we need to hold possesion and not only when we are loosing.

Two immediate concerns

1. We need to practice our movements in possesion, we rely on mazacar instincts too much ffs.

Team play and positioning while we are in possesion should be practiced so that we get better at creating chances. We had only 12 shots and 6 on target while juventus had 25 and 15 on target. Most of them was playing possesion football.

2. We need a ball playing CM for this transition of ours to progress. We can't pass from the back because there's no (xabialonso, xavi, scholes, fernadinho, moutinho, schweinstieger) in our team. We were punting balls to short attackers all day. Mata, hazard and oscar are high up and can't come back to help mikel, ramires and so we lose the ball to opposition fast.

RDM's tactis of trying to play on the counter when mata and hazard can't really fufil defensive roles like kalou did is back firing and we are conceding goals for fun.

Its not the flair players but the lack of players we have to convert what they created. Oscar laid one on a plate to hazard, hazard did one similar to mata etc. We want them 3 to be interchanging a bit deeper with a true striker up front which we don't have. Yes our "flair" players had a bad game but that is not the underlying problem.

I meant that up until this point our Flair player bailed us out but now that they have been played so much they are starting to get tired and loose their effectiveness when we most need them.

Not entirely, for example.. it was Kenyon who appointed Scolari.

And consequently Kenyon was sacked for it.

I know, but he has the final decision. If he didnt wanted Scolari he would not have agreed to aproach him.

At the end, we all know Roman has made some major mistakes regarding our coaching staff. I just hope he has learned to study all the possible scenarios, fully belive in whoever he signs and that he has learned to be more patient.

I'm just so fed up. Why aren't basic problems being fixed? (Finishing, Closing down). I guess for that continued ignorance to these issues, RDM is only to blame.

Big changes needed in January because we are in crisis and will probably lose against Citeh.

The biggest issues are that we have not one single thing fixed.

1) formation. Are we going to play fancy with plenty goals or counter attacks with strong defence? We are doing nothing of that.

2) we dont have striker. Actualy we will need 2 of them.

3) Three playmakers (Hazard, Oscar, Mata) just dont give results. Hazard is not that good on wing, Mata is tired oftenly and Oscar cant put class performances in PL yet. Seems that two playmakers should be at max with some fast tecnical winger that can cross and use strenght.

4) pivot. At one point Rambo-Mikel are class, but then again there should be DPL to offer more creativity.

5) CBs. Which pair to use? Who to buy? What to do with luiz?

6) manager problems...

----

So many problems and we have big money players in first team that are just not effective enough (Luiz, Rambo, Hazard,...). I just hope thar board is wise enough to make right changes and is patient enough.

Being the first reigning Champions to get knocked out of the group stage, is something that will haunt us forever as a football club.

A permanent black mark.

Arent you a Forest fan ,,,, They won this Trophy and went down to Division one ... YOU really are childish sometimes

Luiz seems to be the scapegoat of every bad defensive performance from the team.He was good today by his awful standards.Everyone was very inconsistent in the back.Mikel was just awful, I swear he keeps walking on the pitch.We need a good DM just as much as a striker.

Fair play to RDM for having the balls to drop Torres and play Hazard as the false nine, if he put away that chance and we held out people out be calling it a masterstroke. Also Juventus aren't Stoke, they are a top top side and very good at home, If they can beat Shaktar no one would want them in the second round.

We missed Terry at the back tonight, Luiz and Cahill offer no leadership or organisational abillties, the only time they've played well together is when they have 8 others with them in defence. I'm not worried about us going out of the Champions League group stages, City and United did it last year, I am worried at the fact that we're forced to play Hazard upfront because we have no other option.

#Pray4Falcao

It was bad enough getting ripped apart by Juventus..and in 5 days, we have to play Citeh..who continue to play poorly yet they get the results cause they have strikers that can score the decisive goal.

Playing City was the last thing we needed right now. Hopefully they get a lot of injuries against Madrid. :D

Fair play to RDM for having the balls to drop Torres and play Hazard as the false nine, if he put away that chance and we held out people out be calling it a masterstroke. Also Juventus aren't Stoke, they are a top top side and very good at home, If they can beat Shaktar no one would want them in the second round.

We missed Terry at the back tonight, Luiz and Cahill offer no leadership or organisational abillties, the only time they've played well together is when they have 8 others with them in defence. I'm not worried about us going out of the Champions League group stages, City and United did it last year, I am worried at the fact that we're forced to play Hazard upfront because we have no other option.

#Pray4Falcao

Agree, I have no problem with RDM decision on dropping Torres, and we going out of group stages. In two games we played against juve and shaktar, I thought they were the better team.

I think this is a good wake up call, we keep calling ourselves champions of europe but we have to realize the way we won it last year. We need to be patient with our team and manager.

Having said that, I don't think RDM will be our manager next year if we don't at least have a chance to win EPL in the end of the season. The board gave him a 2 year contract and that shows that this season is his trial season for long term contract