Jase

Man of the Match  

98 members have voted

1. 1. Who Is Your Man of the Match?

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cheers for pointing that out. Very doubtful that they'll lose, draw seems more likely

Yap that is why our chance is very slim, shaktar is through no matter what and they just need a draw to win a group. I expect their game against juve to be a boring and safe game

Tried to post yesterday but i was so angry and drunk i struggled to focus clearly on the keyboard and therefore thought i'd go to bed and post the next day. So here i am, still extremely pissed off i must admit. Our defence was awful and if we're not gonna take our chances, what's the point? It might do us good getting knocked out anyway, we can play our youngsters in the Europa League, giving them great experience and rest ourselves focussing fully on the premiership which we CAN win because nobody is looking exceptionally good to me. We have more chance winning the prem if we get knocked out the UCL. We've won the UCL anyway, let's add the UEL to our CV lol.

5 games without a win, it's that fucking month again. We start so well every season, i mean EVERY SEASON! Even Scolari's Chelsea and AVB's Chelsea started well first 7-8 games and then fell away, it's very frustrating to go on these runs. Robbie won't get sacked though, he'll get the chance to win the prem and we have the club world cup soon too so all is not lost. There's no disgrace coming 3rd in a group with Juve and Shakhtar in it, losing that 2-0 lead against Juve was the killer.

Channel 5 here we come. Man City players can get Ashley Cole back now. Funny how there things come around after last year when we played Man City at home after Man City were pushed into the UEL, Ashley singing "Channel 5, Channel 5" to em. Shakhtar and Juve will play out a goal less draw and make sure we're out but if Shakhtar tried, they would win the game.

You know, these kind of games make me believe that we were actually the weakest team to win the Champions League. Not qualifying from the group will be a disgrace, it will make history in a negative way. Going to Europa League would be the ultimate humiliation, considering how we humiliate everybody else when they end up there.

There were no positives from the performance. Again we looked incoherent, aimless, couldn't string meaningful passes together. Juve's midfield completely overrun us. I find it also funny that Robbie's idea of playing defensive is sticking a fullback on the wing. Has that ever actually worked for us? I mean really work like it's supposed to? I don't think it has. We invited pressure and we got what we deserved. Nothing more to say.

We need Terry and Lamps back in those tough times. The youngsters are succumbing to pressure.

ok.. Maybe about Azpi u r right... But mikel is soo shit. i'm sorry to say that.

It was very obvious we needed a ballpassing midfielder, to complete this transition of ours.

Mikel can't create a chance with a pass, only passes to side and back. He can't shoot from distance. He can't give defence splitting overhead/ground passes. He can only collect the ball.

Ramires has energy to run and intercept balls on the counter, but no reading of the game for passes. He can only make threatning runs during counter. But is no threat when we are in possesion or from outside the box. (No shooting accuracy, or killer passes.)

When we had ballack, he could shoot from range on target, so we had a dm/cm that could threaten the opposition from possesion.

We are growing into possesion team so we need a dm with killer passes and can shoot. See pirlo and vidal both can shoot from distance, one is a passer and one is a box to box. That's why we can't create in possesion except when we are losing and opposition sits back.

Its not mazacar that hold the possesion for a team, it is always the dm/cm in barca its xavi not iniesta, madrid xabialonso not ozil. This is because the CAM can easily be marked but the DM is too deep to be marked easily and can dictate play. Our dictator is mikel :fainthv9:

I just wish we get fernadinho or moutinho this january ffs.

Tried to post yesterday but i was so angry and drunk i struggled to focus clearly on the keyboard and therefore thought i'd go to bed and post the next day. So here i am, still extremely pissed off i must admit. Our defence was awful and if we're not gonna take our chances, what's the point? It might do us good getting knocked out anyway, we can play our youngsters in the Europa League, giving them great experience and rest ourselves focussing fully on the premiership which we CAN win because nobody is looking exceptionally good to me. We have more chance winning the prem if we get knocked out the UCL. We've won the UCL anyway, let's add the UEL to our CV lol.

did seem the way Man U fans looked at it last year.After the inital 'shit we are in europa'they seemed to think meh another cup to win.We knew it was only a matter of time before we faced scum in Europe.Kinda not the way we expected mind. Juve deserve it really

First team to win the CL and not qualify afters.Making history...in not the best way

Having calmed down I believe we will qualify albeit undeservedly, shakhtar at home will be too strong for juve plus unlike us both teams(especially shakhtar) have only one philosophy "Attack"...something has to give. If you think shakhtar will not be fighting for top spot by trying their best to win this game then you are kidding yourself...just imagine us in the position shakhtar are in, would we ever take it for granted? No. The only teams that ever take champions league matches for granted are those that have already secured top spot before the last game e.g manu or those that have already qualified and can only end up second no matter the outcome of their last game. Bottom line is teams never take decisive champions league matches for granted and its a decisive match for shakhtar but twice so for juve. Imo we will still go through.

Shakhtar will beat Juve if they want to. I feel they'll rest players and cruise through it. Think about it, Shakhtar are already through. Juve are corrupt and Platini's former team, he's a Juve legend. There's no way we are going through so put that optimism to bed and concentrate on facing Liverpool in Europe again.

It was very obvious we needed a ballpassing midfielder, to complete this transition of ours.

Mikel can't create a chance with a pass, only passes to side and back. He can't shoot from distance. He can't give defence splitting overhead/ground passes. He can only collect the ball.

Ramires has energy to run and intercept balls on the counter, but no reading of the game for passes. He can only make threatning runs during counter. But is no threat when we are in possesion or from outside the box. (No shooting accuracy, or killer passes.)

When we had ballack, he could shoot from range on target, so we had a dm/cm that could threaten the opposition from possesion.

We are growing into possesion team so we need a dm with killer passes and can shoot. See pirlo and vidal both can shoot from distance, one is a passer and one is a box to box. That's why we can't create in possesion except when we are losing and opposition sits back.

Its not mazacar that hold the possesion for a team, it is always the dm/cm in barca its xavi not iniesta, madrid xabialonso not ozil. This is because the CAM can easily be marked but the DM is too deep to be marked easily and can dictate play. Our dictator is mikel :fainthv9:

I just wish we get fernadinho or moutinho this january ffs.

Incorrect. The 65% of Mikel's passes this season have gone forward.Proves your backwards/sideways theories wrong. Hes also created 5 chances this season (which for Mikel this far into the season is good) so again your theory he doesn't create chances is incorrect The way he protects the ball is brilliant, hes really good at using his body to shield the ball. Last night I thought he didn't do too bad supposing he was always up against 3 CMs all of a very very high quality (Pirlo, Vidal and Marchisio) along with Ramires.

He had his usual stats last night 50 passes, 94 % completion rate. 1 key pass, 4 successful dribbles, fouled once. 1 interception, 2 effective clearances and gave away 1 foul.

People always seem to criticize Mikel when we loose despite it not being his fault... its odd but I guess hes the "scapegoat" now that Kalou's gone lol.

Disagree. Their first two goals had an incredible slice of luck. Any team Barca, Milan, Utd would have struggled against Juve and their incredible 12th man, in that stadium. Chelsea played very well albeit with a lack of striker and any leadership on the pitch-yet still managed 12 shots on target.. Any time a real danger for the home side was materialising a cynical foul ensued -they fouled more than 3 times the rate of Chels.

No way Chelsea were 'owned'.

they sliced us open at their whim. we were chasing ghosts all night long. we could not keep the ball for more than 5seconds.even during cech's goalkicks, the strikers pressed luiz n cahill and we could not get even a single head to a long ball. even in the 80th inute with a 2 goal deficit they tiki-takad ther way thru our defense only for the striker to shoot over the bar from 6-7 yards. we did get "owned". anyways now got bigger concerns as rdm sacked. WHAT A DISGRACE.

Disagree. Their first two goals had an incredible slice of luck. Any team Barca, Milan, Utd would have struggled against Juve and their incredible 12th man, in that stadium. Chelsea played very well albeit with a lack of striker and any leadership on the pitch-yet still managed 12 shots on target.. Any time a real danger for the home side was materialising a cynical foul ensued -they fouled more than 3 times the rate of Chels.

No way Chelsea were 'owned'.

You were lucky that the game is over 3-0

Looking back at the other games. We were very lucky vs Nordsjaelland, didn't get going for a while. Very lucky vs Juve at home, they probably could have won with better finishing. Lucky vs Shakhtar in both games so we probably got what was coming to us. The teams performances didn't merit going through unbeaten top of the group.