Juventus 3-0 Chelsea

Jase

Man of the Match  

98 members have voted

1. 1. Who Is Your Man of the Match?

I think think problem is simply that we do not have a natural goalscorer/striker. Theres no target man, no one to feed the balls to etc.

It could well be as simple as that, lets just hope we find the right man, tho we defo need more leadership.

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fair play to Juventus for their win, it's hard to admit but they were the better side on the night. Hazard at CF clearly didn't work, he was bullied by the three man defense of Juventus, I thought the team really missed what Sturridge showed in his 30 minutes as CF against West Brom, a striker who makes intelligent runs. We had several opportunities to have scored in the first half but I guess we were just unlucky, to top it all, Sturridge had to get injured before the match.

Anyway I think Torres is done as a Chelsea player, I think he's reverted back to not caring about the team anymore, his introduction added nothing to the game, Chelsea actually got worse since there was no Mikel to boss the midfield. I hope Sturridge is fit against City, I can't see us winning if he's out, I really hope I'm wrong and the team pulls a surprise on City and get back within at least 3 points of the top of the table.

Unfortunately tonight was a culmination of the biggest issue we have, in that we don't possess a striker of the quality a club our size should have. I don't blame RDM for dropping Torres tonight - we have been clamouring for it now for weeks, the lad isn't cut out for it and clearly doesn't stomach the fight.

The issue stems to the summer, and who's decision (and I doubt it was Robbie's) it was to let us start the season with only two strikers - one being unproven at the top level in that position, and the other having not performed consistently for a couple of years. It was suicidal and we are seeing the issues with it now. We have some supremely gifted talent, full of creation and flair, and will only get better as they mature, but they should be given the freedom to create things and the likes of Mata, Hazard and Oscar shouldn't have to shoulder the responsibility of scoring the goals, merely should chip in around one or two goalscoring strikers.

Let's not beat around the bush. The top clubs need at least two strikers of genuine quality and we have none and we're suffering for it. If we can pick up somebody in January for the right price (I'm thinking one of a few strikers who are off contract in the summer and may therefore be available for a good price) and then buy a world class frontman as priority in the summer. It is clear however that we cannot last the season with just Torres and Sturridge.

Most of the people wanted RDM to grow some balls and try something new..he did, it back fired, move one and try something new with the little squad we have.

Does not warrant a sacking. It was a lacklustre performance. Juve deserved the win.

If Mata had scored straight after it was 2-0 it would have been game on and a draw was on the cards. Its all 'ifs' though. If me aunty had bollocks she'd be me uncle.

After it was 1-0. first half. But I do agree that a goal for us would have shaken things up.

Entering season without proper striker was kinda Europaleguesque.

Putting all eggs in Torres' black hole was suicidal. That even tops paying 50 mil for mentioned.

The other positions we lack quality are CMs.

Ramires and Mikel together are not good enough for offensive football in continental Europe. Juve and Shakthar have dominated them.

They've offered no goal threats; no passing outlet and very little passing ability .

I was scared as soon as the draw was made because both teams are stable - play to a system that has proven to be effective against us - pace in midfield and quality finishing.

Mikel made very little interceptions against teams like Juventus, Shaktar, Athletico madrid, he cannot keep up with the midfielders. Ramires had to do it single handedly, and his pace helped. Mikel is useful when we sit back as well against slower teams with little pace.

Fernandinho in Shakhtar and Vidal in Juventus. Both hurt us. We could use a player of that ilk.

And unfortunately, it's when the chips are down, that you see the real measure of the man. But having no striker didn't help .

A deserved loss. Not RDM's fault. There was no lineup or formation he could have used that would have got us the win. There was no substitution that was going to win the game for us. Juventus are simply a better side. Really sick of the hypocrisy of fans. RDM gets blamed for not changing the lineup. He changes. He gets blamed for that. You want us to develop our own players better? You want us to switch to a new, more exciting system? Those take years. You can't be mad when you have short-term problems. You mad at Chelsea wasting 50M pounds on a striker who was never going to fit into our system? Let's do that again with Falcao! The club is the place it's in because of short-term thinking. We've had 8 managers (7 really) in the last 5+ years. You don't have prolonged success when you keep blaming managers every time you go on a bad streak. The lack of patience is ridiculous. The blame for the current situation sits entirely with the board. Chelsea have spent more money than any other team in the last decade and almost none of it has been decent value. We keep chasing the sexy players that everyone else wants. We buy players at the peak of their value. We've spent something like 140M in the past 2 seasons and somehow we still have no true central midfielder for our system and we have mediocre central defenders, we have only one striker, and very little natural width. You can't just throw a bunch of players together and then complain when you don't win immediately.

Can't believe ... the first champions of europe leaving at the groups stages.

Embarrasing.... really embarrassing...

Europe League, what a shame

IF and IT still is IF we go into the Europa league IT is NOT a disgrace ...FFS you sound like another spoilt child

RDM put a terrible line up, with no striker, setting us up for the counter with no striker? Who does that?

With all those midfielders we couldn't produce any meaningful play when in posession. Our possesion game is awful, no training on possesion is done in our team.

Cahill + luiz = 2 goals conceded

Why didn't he play someone up front? Moses???

We defended far too deep.

Azpi > iva in defending

Taking off mikel handed the match to juve. We couldn't control possesion and were all ova the place we he was off.

Torres is still shit

Mata is absent when the coach tells him to defend instead of telling him to try and control the game.

Hazard.... No comment

Oscar had some flashes of brilliance, wasn't enough.

The starting lineup killed the match

Juve fully deserved to win

Maybe 3-1 would have been more fair but juve where the better team by miles.

RDM - "I can only train players how to counter attack, don't expect chances in possesion, wait till counterattacks". :fainthv9:

RDM put a terrible line up, with no striker, setting us up for the counter with no striker? Who does that?

With all those midfielders we couldn't produce any meaningful play when in posession. Our possesion game is awful, no training on possesion is done in our team.

Cahill + luiz = 2 goals conceded

Why didn't he play someone up front?

We defended far too deep.

Azpi > iva in defending

Taking off mikel handed the match to juve. We couldn't control possesion and were all ova the place we he was off.

Torres is still shit

Mata is absent when the coach tells him to defend instead of telling him to try and control the game.

Hazard.... No comment

Oscar had some flashes of brilliance, wasn't enough.

The starting lineup killed the match

Juve fully deserved to win

Maybe 3-1 would have been more fair but juve where the better team by miles.

RDM - "I can only train players how to counter attack, don't expect chances in possesion, wait till counterattacks". :fainthv9:

Anyway I think Torres is done as a Chelsea player, I think he's reverted back to not caring about the team anymore, his introduction added nothing to the game, Chelsea actually got worse since there was no Mikel to boss the midfield. I hope Sturridge is fit against City, I can't see us winning if he's out, I really hope I'm wrong and the team pulls a surprise on City and get back within at least 3 points of the top of the table.

I'm afraid this could be true. His body language and face says it all. <_<

Absolutely, toronto. How many players on that pitch have played more than 30 games together? Cech, cole iva rami and mikel and mata. 6/11 players on that pitch have played 1 season or more together.

The manager is still trying to find a formation and array of players that can work together and get results. It's not easy, it takes time.

In a way I admire RDM. It takes courage to completely switch up the team.

I applaud RDM for trying Hazard as a 'false 9'. He did some very good things. He had a chance that Buffon saved, he held the ball up well several times and nearly created a goal for Mata. Would Torres have done any of that? Fuck no. He would have fallen over every single time.

We have some good pieces for the long-term but we also have a lot of problems. It's going to be an interesting few years whatever happens.

I applaud RDM for trying Hazard as a 'false 9'. He did some very good things. He had a chance that Buffon saved, he held the ball up well several times and nearly created a goal for Mata. Would Torres have done any of that? Fuck no. He would have fallen over every single time.

We have some good pieces for the long-term but we also have a lot of problems. It's going to be an interesting few years whatever happens.

well said ...people have been screaming for Torres to be dropped .. Well he was....

Again at the start of the season people said it was going to be a transition season ...we get a good start and suddenly people expect us to win everything...

The thing is - we all know that Di Matteo was only kept due to our CL and FA Cup win, I don't think he had any say in transfers and who was loaned out.

I think we should give him support and backing till the end of the season provided we keep up with the League Leaders - the next few matches are key for RDM.

I absolutely realise that Di Matteo doesn't have a huge say in transfers and nor was he Abramovich's first choice to get the job on a permanent basis but that's a problem in itself. The players will know he wasn't first choice, they will know that the first signs of disaster and he will be out the door, we want longevity and consistency and the only way for that to happen is for Roman to be patient with a manager but he's never going to be patient with a manager he didn't want in the first place. A manager with a strong personality would have made a big issue of the striker problem, like Mourinho did at Real Madrid a couple of years ago.

Once, people want changes for RDM to make, and when he does, people get mad...Bravo!

I think the experience played the part, as well we are far from connected team. We need to gel, that will take some time and sure, we need a striker ala Cavani. Without striker, our team is weak and lightweight and there is huge hole in penalty area, Im not surprised of defeat realy, but 3:0 and the fact we didnt even fight to score wonders me...

Azpi did his job, Luiz-Cahill was very good in firsr half. Hazard is not false nine, his shooting is still bad. Mata as playmaker should show more, but he didnt. Oscar was great. Mikel and Rambo

good too. Cole proved he is still one of best LBs in world. But in second half, everyone was much worse, lack of motivation and determimation.

Right now, we need striker, winger and CB. CM is not required as Debruyne and Josh will come.

Striker is obvious, Torres should leave. CB should come to give us some depth, Papadopoulos would be perfect. Winger should come too (or second striker, like Jovetic). We clearly have no second plan on bench, Moses looked unimpressive. Someone like Sanchez would be good investment, as he would offer great speed and crossing, movement and technique. Cavani, Papadopoulos and Sanchez in january/summer please.

And yes, Europa league will be good for team to gel and give youngsters a chance, but its embarrasing for us as Champions to not qualify in next round. Sure, we still have some minimal chances to get through...

There was no lineup or formation he could have used that would have got us the win. There was no substitution that was going to win the game for us.

Yeah we sould have refused to play the match since the better team always wins in football and there was nothing we could do.Great way of thinking.