Real concerns

BLionheart

I thought we did well against Liverpool, particularly when you consider we had a fairly inexperienced RB and LB.

We could of beaten them, had we taken those 50-50 chances.

I'm just really worried about John Terry's absence. His leadership is vital to our defensive structure.

What does the LB and RB have to do with the fact that we have a shitty striker? I dont care if we would have conceded 2 goals even, we should be able to score more than 1 goal at home against shitpool.

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Did we just drop into the relegation zone after last night's draw? Honestly, judging from some of the responses, you would think we are in the bottom 3 and not in the top 3. All this reaction is just needless. We just had an off day in front of goal yesterday. It happens and on another day, those chances could have easily gone in and we would have won the game comfortably.

Having a Falcao over Torres would've helped our cause no doubt, but would've only hindered the other problems.It's like Mancini, we all know he is shitty manager, he is, but he has 25 world class players at his disposal to make up for that.I don't want that to be the case with RDM.We need a real manager.

And for the 131412 time, its not the loss of points that concerns, its the lack of direction and improvement as a team and as individuals.

Did we just drop into the relegation zone after last night's draw? Honestly, judging from some of the responses, you would think we are in the bottom 3 and not in the top 3. All this reaction is just needless. We just had an off day in front of goal yesterday. It happens and on another day, those chances could have easily gone in and we would have won the game comfortably.

true. the season is going just about according to plan. no real concerns yet.

only 2 changes i need..

1 get torres out

2 sombody please install a substitute brain for rdm..(but if the first one is solved 2nd one will get done eventually)

i didnt expected this good run at the starting of the season,but now letting points is obviously disappointing..but RDM is still the man..

To see so many people overreacting is getting old now. To keep pointing to the fact that we are in transition is getting old.

RDM should not be sacked. People seem to have such short memory. Anybody remember a certain night back in May? I sure as hell do.

He is doing wonderful things to this team. It is now he has to prove himself as a manager. He has brought in the likes of Hazard and Oscar, both hugely talented players with the ability of BECOMING worldclass players. Pay extra notice to the word becoming. They aren't yet, and won't be for a while, and yet we expect them to deliver every single game, which is ridiculous really. We need consistency on the manager position, and the last thing we should do is go out and hire Pep Guardiola as a replacement for RDM.

Tell me what he would do so differently, and better than RDM is doing? How is he going to get Torres up and running? How is he going to gel the Trinity faster than RDM has already done? How is he going to transform our defense into what it was back in the Mourinho seasons?

He can't. Mata, Oscar and Hazard have gelled exceptionally fast this season, and to think Pep would somehow speed up that process is pathetic. Torres won't score, and to simply brush it off and say: "Yeah, but Pep is going to buy a decent striker come January!." Yes, he might. But who says RDM won't do the same? Defensively we have been sloppy at the back, but that's an effect caused by us being in between styles. We will let in more goals due to this, and Pep wouldn't be able to change that either.

So, please be patient and stop overreacting. Yes, we have issues, but so does everyone else. We all love the same club and will do no matter what, so quit moaning every single game. It isn't helping. Constructive criticism, but nonsense like "SACK RDM NOWS!!!!!" is just beyond normal behavior. Barcelona didn't turn into the superior team they are overnight, and certainly not due to Pep's management skills. Sure, he took part in the Spanish revolution of Barcelona, but to give him all the credit is outright wrong. The point being we are blessed to finally experience the shift from the Old Guard to a new, younger squad, while still maintaining a rather healthy economy with the latest profit announced. Just think about the minor role, compared to the last 5 seasons, the likes of John Terry, Ashley Cole, Lampard and Drogba have all played? The last not even being in the team! To take such personalties and professionals away from our team leaves a tad exposed experience wise, but it was needed. And it was the right thing to do. Thanks.

RDM is aware of what he is doing and what the team needs. He loves Chelsea and we trust him. I don't think he'll ever let us down. He will be getting the right player/s for the team this Jan.

A striker is definitely the first concern, and RDM shall get it fixed :D

I agree about the lack of an offensive system. Our players seem to have no instructions what so ever of where to run or what to do. Our offensive plan seems to be "give the ball to 1 off the 3 maestro's and pray to god they do something brilliant with it."

About our defensive woefullness. 1 of the reasons is because we're not pressing the opponent. We can't play possesion based football and not press the opposition when we've lost the ball. We leave ourselves far to exposed that way. With the likes of Oscar, Hazard and Mata we can't camp in front of our goal and hope we can get away with it. There's a considerable gap between their capabilities when in possesion and when not. We need to try and get as much possesion as we can.We need to use our possesion as a defensive weapon.

Also if we want to take a step further we need to play Oscar in the pivot. We need a deep lying playmaker. Without 1 we're far too easy to press and far too erratic in our distribution from the back.

About Pep Guardiola, (to be clear i'm not saying he's going to snap his fingers and make us a great team just like that. If he comes here (and that's a big if) it will also be with failures and successes.)

But 1 thing that plays to his advantage is the fact that he's seen how a possesion team is supposed to look like, up close. He knows what's required to make the system work.

I get why people defend RDM but winning the CL and the FA cup, being an ex player, having a history of sacking managers. It all doesn't matter. What matters is whether or not he's capable of handling the transision from counter football to possesion football.

To be frank i'm starting to have serious doubts about that.

To be clear i'm not saying we should sack RDM i'm just saying that i find it worrying that there's seems to be so little planning in our attacks and i hope that that will be improving.

The thing about your post's, is that like many things, politicians, religion, advertisement they sound good, but in reality they dont mean anything.

Missing a 1000 but scoring 20 could be as useless to your team as scoring 5 in 100 misses, good example, drogba 6 goals in 36 games last year, a terrible stat, but he scored when it mattered and at the end of the day, that ALL that mattered.

You are missing the point here... The point is, would you rather have a player who actually shoots and tries, misses alot but scores alot, or a player who does less of both.

I'd take option 2, cause the player's conversion rate is 5% compared to option 1 which is only 2%..

Option 2 has the better ratio...after 1000 sitters 50 goals are scored.

Weird choices.

Reddish-Blue & Spiegel:

Ratio isnt interesting. If they were, then you guys would chose a guy who misses 1 sitter and scores 1 goal only. It just doesnt make sense.

Taking more chances will make you miss more, but also score more.

You are missing the point here... The point is, would you rather have a player who actually shoots and tries, misses alot but scores alot, or a player who does less of both.

Reddish-Blue & Spiegel:

Ratio isnt interesting. If they were, then you guys would chose a guy who misses 1 sitter and scores 1 goal only. It just doesnt make sense.

Taking more chances will make you miss more, but also score more.

Not necessarily. If I buy 1000 Lotto coupons compared to 1, my chances of actually winning are still very slim.

Sturridge has been awful so far in my opinion, but so has Torres. But Torres offers more in buildup play, where as Sturridge offers nothing. It's an endless discussion, but Di Matteo will always choose Torres over Sturridge. End of story, sadly.

Not necessarily. If I buy 1000 Lotto coupons compared to 1, my chances of actually winning are still very slim.

Sturridge has been awful so far in my opinion, but so has Torres. But Torres offers more in buildup play, where as Sturridge offers nothing. It's an endless discussion, but Di Matteo will always choose Torres over Sturridge. End of story, sadly.

You are still missing the point. The ratio is totally not interesting. Why?

Because if you have those choices (on paper) and you dont know who the player is (meaning; you dont know if its Drogba how usually scores in big games) you WILL chose the one that scores the most goals. That is what its all about at the end of the day.

One thing that has been a surprising disappointment so far this season, and I think points to a lot of our problems, is our lack of through balls. We don't cross the ball into the area much, we don't play long ball, and we are seemingly moving away from counter-attack football. If we want to play skilled, possession football, we need the through-ball to be a major source of goals. We have only 8 successful through balls this season from only 3 players. We've only even attempted 12. Compare that to a couple other passing Premier League teams-Man City have 16 successful through balls on 42 attempts and Arsenal have 19 through balls on 40 attempts. You watch us play and it's obvious to see this issue at play. Our pivot gets the ball and hands the ball off to Mata or Oscar who have to collect the ball way too deep. Then, they run at the defence and try to create something. Torres right now is playing more like a second striker, he drops deep to collect the ball. He should be positioned on the shoulder of the defence and Mata should be getting the ball in more attacking positions instead of having to set up the attack himself.

We do have real issues. I do think there is a lack of offensive game-plan right now and too much of a reliance on skill to save us, we lack width which makes it too easy to defend us, but this will take time to figure out. We have some new players and a new system. Change doesn't happen overnight and making a coaching change now would do nothing except delay the change..