Real concerns

BLionheart

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sturridge hasn't been given a proper chance to show his worth.

He's been here almost 4(?) years including his time at bolton on loan, he was shit when he came 1st, he was good at bolton fair enough, he scored last year but his team play was shit and he was droped and he's shown nothing this year to convince me otherwise, he was pathetic in the games he's played.

I want another striker as well. Cavani. But no one here is going to convince me sturridge is ever going to be anything more then a 3rd choice striker at best and 2nd choice by unfortunate circumstances. Send him to liverpool, they need a striker and we need money to finance buying a better one.

He's been here almost 4(?) years including his time at bolton on loan, he was shit when he came 1st, he was good at bolton fair enough, he scored last year but his team play was shit and he was droped and he's shown nothing this year to convince me otherwise, he was pathetic in the games he's played.

I want another striker as well. Cavani. But no one here is going to convince me sturridge is ever going to be anything more then a 3rd choice striker at best and 2nd choice by unfortunate circumstances. Send him to liverpool, they need a striker and we need money to finance buying a better one.

You say 4 years but he was given limited playing time by Ancelotti and little action under Di Matteo. The period where he was featuring regularly he excelled at Bolton and was good for the first half of last season.

How you can judge him on this season, when he has received such limited minutes, is laughable. Torres has been laregly terrible and Danny deserves a few more games to at least show us something. To criticise him on one start and a few minutes at the end of games is a joke.

You say 4 years but he was given limited playing time by Ancelotti and little action under Di Matteo. The period where he was featuring regularly he excelled at Bolton and was good for the first half of last season.

How you can judge him on this season, when he has received such limited minutes, is laughable. Torres has been laregly terrible and Danny deserves a few more games to at least show us something. To criticise him on one start and a few minutes at the end of games is a joke.

Im judging him on his career, he's an average player in a team of great players. Get over it and move on. We need someone better.

Am I the only one who is actually more concerned about the assistants than about Di Matteo? I believe nobody here underestimates the importance of the assistant manager having Clark, Wilkins and Rodgers as former assistants. Some of the problems I come across in this topic and in general are problems that could and maybe should be resolved by assistants. Di Matteo can't deal personally with every individual and their performance (especially not in depth). This is part of the assistants' job.

For example, Torres movement. http://www.weaintgotnohistory.com/ wrote a very good report on this (http://www.weaintgotnohistory.com/2012/11/12/3634910/chelsea-fc-liverpool-width-fernando-torres). As it says in the report, we aren't even creating as much chances as we could because Torres' movement isn't what it used to be. Is this something that Di Matteo personally should deal with? No I don't believe so. I assume Chelsea analyze their own game and that they are aware of this problem since it wasn't the only game. I believe that these kind of things should be dealt with by the assistants. I think assistants should be working with the individuals on improving their game. They are the one who are talking about these kind of stuff with the players.

When Henk ten Cate worked with us, I remember Drogba saying he improved massively because of Ten Cate. Ten Cate was a great field trainer. He liked to be on the pitch and work with players, he was a great assistant. I admit that I don't know how well the Steve Holland and Eddie Newton are functioning but these kind of problems (making players better, working on their movement/passing/shooting) is something assistans should work on with the players.

I worry more about the training and what happens there (also in terms of drilling automatisms) than what happens during the game. We are a team in development and the training is now more important than ever.

Im judging him on his career, he's an average player in a team of great players. Get over it and move on. We need someone better.

Judging Sturridge on the last 3 years, he is a far more dangerous and clinical player than Torres.

I don't know what is the average player that you are referring to, but in terms of pure goal scoring - Sturridge has been better at putting the ball in the back of the net than Torres. He had a goal for every 209 minutes he was on the field last season, from the wing. The season before that he had played a total of 1521 minutes(both Bolton and Chelsea) so nearly the same amount of time Torres has played so far this season - and had scored a total of 12 goals - which translates to a goal per 126 minutes. Compare that to Torres's time this season and his goal for every 217 minutes in games where he plays for 90 minutes in front of the two most creative players in the League. Also consider when he was playing at CFC 2 years ago Sturridge was a substitute in most of his games and only at Bolton was he given a fair crack up top.

I'm tired of your bullcrap posts. Either come up with statistics or reasons to back up your arguments or don't make one liners just to troll this forum

Ok fair enough. But Torres is just as bad if not worse. We have those two for the next 6 weeks and unless we bring in a new striker in January they're our only options until the summer. So why not give Danny a go? He can't do any worse than Torres.

Judging Sturridge on the last 3 years, he is a far more dangerous and clinical player than Torres.

I don't know what is the average player that you are referring to, but in terms of pure goal scoring - Sturridge has been better at putting the ball in the back of the net than Torres. He had a goal for every 209 minutes he was on the field last season, from the wing. The season before that he had played a total of 1521 minutes(both Bolton and Chelsea) so nearly the same amount of time Torres has played so far this season - and had scored a total of 12 goals - which translates to a goal per 126 minutes. Compare that to Torres's time this season and his goal for every 217 minutes in games where he plays for 90 minutes in front of the two most creative players in the League. Also consider when he was playing at CFC 2 years ago Sturridge was a substitute in most of his games and only at Bolton was he given a fair crack up top.

I'm tired of your bullcrap posts. Either come up with statistics or reasons to back up your arguments or don't make one liners just to troll this forum

And im tired over everyone's over hyping of an average player, wonder will he still be so amazing when we get a better striker.... This torres hate has gotten ridiculous as well he's still here and bitching about him isnt going to help and sturridge isnt the answer.

Ok fair enough. But Torres is just as bad if not worse. We have those two for the next 6 weeks and unless we bring in a new striker in January they're our only options until the summer. So why not give Danny a go? He can't do any worse than Torres.

That's were we have to agree to disagree tho, i do reckon he'll be worse.

And im tired over everyone's over hyping of an average player, wonder will he still be so amazing when we get a better striker.... This torres hate has gotten ridiculous as well he's still here and bitching about him isnt going to help and sturridge isnt the answer.

A striker unable to score a goal in 24 hours of competitive play while playing for the side that eventually would go on to win the CL and FA Cup is what I would call an average player.

Sturridge might end up being not quite good enough for us, but I plan to actually base such a shift of opinion on game time rather than hyperboles without any substantial statistical backing. Until Sturridge is actually given 2-3 matches in a row leading the line there is very little proof that he would actually do any worse than Torres. And I cannot phantom the fact that you call Sturridge an average player while Torres in his time at CFC has been far below average as his statistics demonstrate.

Torres has had ample time to turn things around he started about 30 matches; coming in as a substitute in 17 matches last year as Central Forward.

He Started 14 matches as a central forward when he first arrived here under Carlo.

He has started all our games bar one this season.

So that's around 60 matches as a starter at our club in his favorite position. I would like you to take a look how many games Sturridge HAS STARTED as a CF at Chelsea. I doubt there would be even more than 10 - yet Sturridge is proven to be an average striker despite doing extremely well when given the chance at Bolton while Torres is has had 60 matches where its possible to pinpoint about 5 where he was at the expected level which is not far better than Sturridge's best while at Bolton.

A striker unable to score a goal in 24 hours of competitive play while playing for the side that eventually would go on to win the CL and FA Cup is what I would call an average player.

Sturridge might end up being not quite good enough for us, but I plan to actually base such a shift of opinion on game time rather than hyperboles without any substantial statistical backing. Until Sturridge is actually given 2-3 matches in a row leading the line there is very little proof that he would actually do any worse than Torres. And I cannot phantom the fact that you call Sturridge an average player while Torres in his time at CFC has been far below average as his statistics demonstrate.

Torres has had ample time to turn things around he started about 30 matches; coming in as a substitute in 17 matches last year as Central Forward.

He Started 14 matches as a central forward when he first arrived here under Carlo.

So that's around 60 matches as a starter at our club in his favorite position. I would like you to take a look how many games Sturridge HAS STARTED as a CF at Chelsea. I doubt there would be even more than 10 - yet Sturridge is proven to be an average striker despite doing extremely well when given the chance at Bolton while Torres is has had 60 matches where its possible to pinpoint about 5 where he was at the expected level which is not far better than Sturridge's best while at Bolton.

I LOVE LAS :D Excellent post dude - my thoughts exactly

P.S. That was a forum Man-Love - don't be getting concerned :P

I never said Torres was good, and none of what you said changes the fact Sturridge isnt the answer. You can write pages and pages of why Torres isnt good enough but it isnt going to change the fact sturridge isnt either. We both share the same opinion just a different answer, you say sturridge i say torres for now, try not to get too upset about it.

I never said Torres was good, and none of what you said changes the fact Sturridge isnt the answer. You can write pages and pages of why Torres isnt good enough but it isnt going to change the fact sturridge isnt either. We both share the same opinion just a different answer, you say sturridge i say torres for now, try not to get too upset about it.

No you've said that Sturridge is average without backing up that statement - at the same time you have said " he's still shown more worth then sturridge".

As I've said we have given Torres 60 matches to prove himself he has not done that. Sturridge has never been given even a tenth of the chance Torres was given at CFC, he did more than well when he received managerial backing while on loan at Bolton. Scoring against the same keepers and defenders Torres; Drogba and Anelka failed to find the net against. He returned was asked to play in a new position to which his natural game is not suited - a year later he was left as our only alternative to Torres for 6 months. Torres has played 1500 minutes and yet without even giving a chance to Sturridge to play in front of Mata; Hazard and Oscar you have made it clear that Torres has shown more worth than Sturridge some thing I contest - Torres has had two years where he has been worse than Sturridge at CFC. Now we have far more creative players to setup chances for Torres yet he is continuing to show to be untrustworthy. Yet you feel he has done more here that Sturridge sorry but anyone who has watched the two players during their time here will tell you that Torres has not only been a one hell of a monumental transfer fuck up by our board and has done nothing to justify his 60 starts at this club.

Sturridge might turn out not quite good enough for Chelsea but currently he is the only alternative - who has waited 3 years for a chance - our management felt he was adequate cover this season and it's about time they put him in the starting line up for a run of games. Unless that happens even if he leaves his failure would be not down to his performance on the pitch - which has been quite good for a player who has never played his preferred position - it's like asking Ramires or Essien to play on our right wing for a season than slating him based on their performances there.

No you've said that Sturridge is average without backing up that statement - at the same time you have said " he's still shown more worth then sturridge".

Wrong, ive given many many reasons why i think he's not good enough, if you care to look back, for someone who seems to hate "all" my post's on the subject you should know that, their is no point repeating myself either, also my reasons dont seem to be good enough for the sturridge fan boys.

Anyway stop crying if he get his chance he'll get his chance if not, he wont. Posting walls of txt isnt going to change that either.

Link?

You not got twitter?

images_normal.jpeg

And to all you non-supporters out there, I definitely couldn't have made it to the top without climbing over you!!

images_normal.jpeg

Just want to take a moment to thank you all for your endless support. Couldn't have made it this far without you & I sincerely appreciate it

You not got twitter?

45]

images_normal.jpeg

And to all you non-supporters out there, I definitely couldn't have made it to the top without climbing over you!!
����

45]

images_normal.jpeg

Just want to take a moment to thank you all for your endless support. Couldn't have made it this far without you & I sincerely appreciate it

Nah man, cant be assed with all that shite, facebook is my limit,

Dunno about leaving tho, maybe he's just feeling overly happy with life lol?