Real concerns

BLionheart

That team he was in charge of had 2 of the greatest midfielders of our generation at their peak and one of the best ever in Lionel Messi.

Don't get me wrong i want us to stick with RDM too, but Pep is the reason those players are known as those things.

Xavi and Iniesta were in and out of the team under Rijkaard and Messi, while we could all see his talent under the Dutchman, who could forsee him developing as well as he has?

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

FFS! Do we need to create a thread like this every time after we dropped points?!

Like you said, you had doubts at the beginning of the season and yet you expect RDM to suddenly just turn Oscar, Hazard etc into world class players in the space of 4 months?! These players need time to develop and they'll get better with it. Furthermore, how many of us really expect us to be where we are right now in July, honestly?!

actually the thread has turned out well ..Look at the number of realistic positive posts pleased with the direction we are heading ..

changes were long overdue ,,KTF and things will work out fine

Recent results and points dropped are not the real concern , it's the rather lack of development in our team , we have one of the best starting 11 in the world and definitely the best in the league but they are left to develop on their own.

The likes of Hazard , Oscar , Moses , Bertrand etc. are exactly as good as they were before coming here , players at such age coming into one of the biggest clubs in England should have huge development in their first six month but that's not what's happening.

We attack based on the trio's instincts without any clear instruction or offensive gameplan , it's like we just pass the ball to one of the maestros and see what they will do , Not once we had what looked like a move practiced in training or based on instructions.

Our defensive organization is really really woeful now , not just because of the trio behind Torres but because suddenly Mikel thinks he is Yaya Toure and instead of staying infront of the defense he is in the opponents box wasting position , same goes for full backs who were all caught out of position numerous times this season, i am not against possession game and i know it's gonne require full backs and midfield to come forward a lot but if you are advanced and you know that there is no one to cover for you then make sure you fuckin keep possession.

Di Matteo is a great manager and Motivator but i am afraid we need someone who can develop promising youngsters into world-class players , i can assure you if Hazard was at United , SAF would have made him the best player in the EPL by some distance , that's what we need someone who can get Hazard , Oscar , Moses to places we dreamed of , i am telling you under the right guidance Hazard and Oscar can achieve the greatness of the likes of Xavi , Iniesta , Ronaldo , Lampard , etc...

This is not a Knee jerk reaction , i have had my doubts since the beginning of the season but i had to wait a while before i judge and i still have hope that Di Matteo can turn this around.

Believe me Torres is not the biggest of our problems as many claim , he is just not a solution.

RDM has done a brilliant job with Hazard, his form has been good, slacked of a little recently and suffered maybe a little burnout but you are making it sound like RDM doesnt know what he is doing with him. Your point about Hazard has no evidence, especially when he has not really got he best out of Kagawa who was tipped by some to outshine Hazard but he has not been all this hype that was talked about. I agree with how sloppy we looked and so on though. But I think that is unfair to say he is not developing young players into world class players, considering also how he has helped Oscar shine this season.

Ok the only problem I see with RDM is there is no PLAN B

Or, if there is, it's implemented way too late.

He had this same issue at his previous club - so he really needs to work on this ASAP

We have 2 wingers - Moses + Marin - bring both on and change the system

His rotation and policy IS letting him down and will ultimately cost him his job - which will be a real shame. I know it, you know it, whole world knows it - Roman is unforgiving.

Do we need a period of stability?

HELL YES

Please RDM I implore you, take a few more risks, your job depends on it!!!

I've calmed down a bit after our draw.

We have two missing pieces, 1.) a cm that can pass the ball, and 2.)a striker that can at least hold up play.

1.) There were some situations where if scholes or modric or yayatoure was in our team, they would find a pass to the attackers from deep. Mikel and ramires are both average passers, if they could spray long foward passes, then our play will improve greatly. Especially when building from the back, mikel or ramires cannot give an assist from deep or a defence splitting pass. People like (xavi, pirlo, schwinstiger, modric, derossi, yaya toure, alonso)

2.) The other option is the striker, we can't ignore the importance of a striker that can hold the ball and bring the teammates into play.

A perfect example was lewandoski against madrid, you could see how he was so strong on the ball and could pass to the AM's of (reus or gotze or kuba) and make sure there attack is flowing. But torres ruins half of our attacks(42touches and 26 turnovers) so it looks like mata, hazard oscar are having a bad day because they didn't score.

I can see where your coming from, about us depending on our playmakers to play matches. But I think we press high as part of our strategy, but not as effective as dortmund yet, but we will get there. But if we solve these two pieces I mentioned above I assure u we will play far better.

actually the thread has turned out well ..Look at the number of realistic positive posts pleased with the direction we are heading ..

changes were long overdue ,,KTF and things will work out fine

Yeah, but these reactionary posts are ridiculous and frustrating. People overreact when we win and overreact when we drop points. How can anyone be complaining about RDM at this point? Less than a season as manager and he's won the CL and an FA Cup. This sort of thought process is the same as the "so and so had a bad game, so we need to go buy the best player in the world." We dropped points so we have to now get Guardiola? We can't keep firing managers every time they don't win a game. We can't keep spending ridiculous amounts of cash trying to buy a player who won't fit into our team just because he's a big name. It really gives us Chelsea fans a bad name when we act like spoiled children who are constantly demanding new, expensive toys every time something we don't like a result. Building a team takes time. There are ups and downs. We were sixth last season. Yes, we have things to work on, but we need to give the team and the players time to work on it. We're third in the league and alive in all other competitions. We're doing, quite frankly, better than anyone should have expected.

what exactly makes you think that everything will be perfect under Guardiola? People keep saying we should get him and some have the delusion to think that we will win every game 7-0 like the Barca team of 2009/10 and that everything will be perfect because Guardiola did well at one club which he knew inside out. That team he was in charge of had 2 of the greatest midfielders of our generation at their peak and one of the best ever in Lionel Messi. We don't have that. We have players with potential but it won't be an overnight miracle with Pep.

Plus the fact Barca were still a force to be reckoned with even without him and are doing just fine now without him. to say RDM needs to be sacked and PG brought in is just pathetic, as a few MONTHS down the line you will be begging to have RDM back. Piss off or get on board with the club and stick through it. The mark of a true fan is that they are always there 100% behind the club through both thick AND thin.

EDIT: not that we are falling off the rails now after 1 loss to Man Utd of all teams and a draw to Liverpool (who even before AVB and RDM had a fucking annoying record against us). Difference is they will still be struggling trying to get into the top half of the table towards the end of the season with things as they are currently, we will be challenging for the title. Take the bad with the good and stop being fucking retards.

For me it simple : We'll never win the league if we miss our chances like we've done today, Liverpool was shit until the header of Suarez.I miss the mourinho's day , i really miss them , because even if we didnt have Oscar Mata Hazard and co we were a solid team that can always win matches because the players that we had (DD Lamps Cole Eideur ... ) were very good at the end of the action , that is not the case anymore and we are suffering from that, we are good in creating chances , but too bad we dont have good finishers and Di Matteo is not a mastermind tactician.

The 4-2-3-1 is too 'rigide' and for me a 4-3-3 would be a better solution.

For me it simple : We'll never win the league if we miss our chances like we've done today, Liverpool was shit until the header of Suarez.I miss the mourinho's day , i really miss them , because even if we didnt have Oscar Mata Hazard and co we were a solid team that can always win matches because the players that we had (DD Lamps Cole Eideur ... ) were very good at the end of the action , that is not the case anymore and we are suffering from that, we are good in creating chances , but too bad we dont have good finishers and Di Matteo is not a mastermind tactician.

The 4-2-3-1 is too 'rigide' and for me a 4-3-3 would be a better solution.

So shall we get him to get rid of the suit and get his boots on then, considering we dont have a striker who can do anything decent as of right now? There is only so much RDM can do from the sideline and only so much the "Trio" can do without someone at the front they can rely on consistently

So shall we get him to get rid of the suit and get his boots on then, considering we dont have a striker who can do anything decent as of right now? There is only so much RDM can do from the sideline and only so much the "Trio" can do without someone at the front they can rely on consistently

When you're winning at half time , the speech is a bit different than when you're 0-0 or losing , Di Matteo knows that Liv'pool will come here for a point nothing more , Rodgers knows that Mata Hazard Oscar are too good for Carra/Agger , they played with five defenders that mean everything for me , if we played more cleverly we would surely won this game , we were great at counter attacks for an example , maybe a bit more defending for a better counter attacking football would won us the game , still i'm not saying that mister Di Matteo is bad manager but he clearly lacks of experiance and the whole team seems to lack experience.

When you're winning at half time , the speech is a bit different than when you're 0-0 or losing , Di Matteo knows that Liv'pool will come here for a point nothing more , Rodgers knows that Mata Hazard Oscar are too good for Carra/Agger , they played with five defenders that mean everything for me , if we played more cleverly we would surely won this game , we were great at counter attacks for an example , maybe a bit more defending for a better counter attacking football would won us the game , still i'm not saying that mister Di Matteo is bad manager but he clearly lacks of experiance and the whole team seems to lack experience.

Can't win them all...

Never said that , but this match and the Swansea game yes , its clear that we lack experiance.

There you go, you have just said it yourself, some of our players lack experience, and with Cole, Lampard and Terry injured, what do you expect us to do ? Really? I have a time machine at my house we could get the players to step into and go a couple of years into the future and then come back... Or we could just learn from our mistakes and move on.

Ferguson is not as great with young players as we are lead on to believe, Anderson and Nani had ridiculous potential as teenagers and Fergie ruined them.

Anderson had a number of injuries to deal with and he's hardly shown the consistency to play regularly in United's midfield. If he really was that good, Fergie wouldn't have called back Scholes.

As for Nani, he's just a wannabe Cristiano Ronaldo. Fergie has been trying to offload him for the past 2 seasons but Zenit, Benfica, Juventus all pulled out of deals due to excessive wage demands.

Again , this is not a Torres bashing thread nor a Knee jerk reaction post .

In fact it's the exact opposite , i started this thread because i think Torres is not the biggest of our problems , and to point that results shouldn't be our biggest worry as i will take the same results if i had seen some improvement.

The truth is since the Stoke game , which was the 1st to unleash the 3 maestros together we haven't had any serious development in terms of team inter-play , defensive organization , or players' development .... I even think players let themselves exposed by rushing forward a lot compared to the start of the season.

There you go, you have just said it yourself, some of our players lack experience, and with Cole, Lampard and Terry injured, what do you expect us to do ? Really? I have a time machine at my house we could get the players to step into and go a couple of years into the future and then come back... Or we could just learn from our mistakes and move on.

Yes of course its only the beggining of the season and i'm not expecting us to win something this year (Maybe COC) , but i just hate when we drop easily points , that began under AVB and its now with RDM and that may continue and destroy your season , we have to turn our 1-0 lead to a 2-0 lead next times , so we can be title challenger and not fighting with average teams that are Arsenal/Liverpool and Tottenham for the fourth place.

We did it under Jose over xmas that time as well.Silly draws and results.Think be only be mega confident in games when we get a 3-0 lead..2-0 can be just as dodgy.Just need to make the most of chances cause if dont gana get punished for sure.And doesnt help JT was back..we looked decent in defence and then he gets injured again