Real concerns

BLionheart

Anderson had a number of injuries to deal with and he's hardly shown the consistency to play regularly in United's midfield. If he really was that good, Fergie wouldn't have called back Scholes.

As for Nani, he's just a wannabe Cristiano Ronaldo. Fergie has been trying to offload him for the past 2 seasons but Zenit, Benfica, Juventus all pulled out of deals due to excessive wage demands.

Anderson had a number of injuries to deal with and he's hardly shown the consistency to play regularly in United's midfield. If he really was that good, Fergie wouldn't have called back Scholes.

As for Nani, he's just a wannabe Cristiano Ronaldo. Fergie has been trying to offload him for the past 2 seasons but Zenit, Benfica, Juventus all pulled out of deals due to excessive wage demands.

But if Fergie is so great with developing young players, then shouldn't he have got the best out of atleast Nani?

The point im trying to make is their is no guarantee Fergie will get Hazard performing like a world beater (like the op suggested) he has had nuemrous fuck up's when it comes to young players. For one Ronaldo there's a group like Kleberson, Bebe, Anderson, Rossi and Pique (the latter two have came good since but at United they weren't great atall).

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes of course its only the beggining of the season and i'm not expecting us to win something this year (Maybe COC) , but i just hate when we drop easily points , that began under AVB and its now with RDM and that may continue and destroy your season , we have to turn our 1-0 lead to a 2-0 lead next times , so we can be title challenger and not fighting with average teams that are Arsenal/Liverpool and Tottenham for the fourth place.

Mate no one likes losing, and the benefit of hindsight is amazing, do you think that Fergie thought "fuck it" when he lost to Everton and Tottenham and just said "we aint going to win this season, or you think he changed things up and had the team learn from the mistakes that they made..? It's the start of our season and we have done lots better than expected, of course we will lose some and draw some, as will Man Utd and any of the title contenders. Still the spirit of our squad is brilliant, and I for one wont be writing us off just yet.

But if Fergie is so great with developing young players, then shouldn't he have got the best out of atleast Nani?

The point im trying to make is their is no guarantee Fergie will get Hazard performing like a world beater (like the op suggested) he has had nuemrous fuck up's when it comes to young players. For one Ronaldo there's a group like Kleberson, Bebe, Anderson, Rossi and Pique (the latter two have came good since but at United they weren't great atall).

Nani was never a world-class material , he was more of a Quaresma than Ronaldo , the 3 of them have a very similar set of skills but very different character and dedication , No man will ever be able to turn and develop every talented player to a world-class one , the likes of Nani , Kleberson, Bebe, Anderson were never gonna be world-class players whether that's under SAF or any other manager .... Hazard on the other hand has the skill-set , dedication and character to become a world-class player , he just needs more guidance to get their faster and further , that's what SAF would have done.

Despite the sad result of drawing at the bridge, all the guys played well. The only things that are lacking right now is 1. Cohesiveness of between the 11 men on the field but we still lack that network. 2. Torres is no more the striker he was in Liverpool and Atletico. If you look at the the current MUFC team they are really no where near a great team but they are delivering why?, because the two points outlined above has been imbibed into there game. There is cohesivness in MUFC from keeper to striker, they have options on the bench (example "overweight' Anderson he still delivers quality passes). How about point number 2 Strikers - RVP, Chicharitti, Rooney in fact everybody is a scorer in MUFC.

To be honest every player played well today but without a "Drogba" our chances of success are slim.

Ramires in fact put every foot right today I praise him for his showing even Mikel did well apart from maybe on two occassions. My recommendation is these guys ie all the players should start imbibing target practice in their game. They need to practice shooting on target from 25-30 yards ala Essien) so that all our goals will not be expected from our 'false' no. 9. These shooting practice is also recommended for our atticking trio of Hazard Mata and Oscar. But I strongly recommend an improvement in Mikel's and Ramires shooting. They way to be great players is by improving on where one is lacking.

Recent results and points dropped are not the real concern , it's the rather lack of development in our team , we have one of the best starting 11 in the world and definitely the best in the league but they are left to develop on their own.

Our defensive organization is really really woeful now , not just because of the trio behind Torres but because suddenly Mikel thinks he is Yaya Toure and instead of staying infront of the defense he is in the opponents box wasting position , same goes for full backs who were all caught out of position numerous times this season, i am not against possession game and i know it's gonne require full backs and midfield to come forward a lot but if you are advanced and you know that there is no one to cover for you then make sure you fuckin keep possession.

Spot on for the starting XI, what makes a difference on a whole PL season is simply options on the bench to rotate them. We awfully lack ones since 2008/2008

The defensive organisation starts upfront: as the 3-line - especially Hazard and Mata - are below par defensively and don't track back, the defenders faces too much attackers and are forced to make a choice (coming out, retreating back) which eventually prove to be wrong whatever happens.

Beside the lack of options on the bench that we can blame on the sporting policy and the board, my prime concern is on the 3-line. They are responsible of the woes at the back because they put the defenders in hopeless situations. To that process adds (and not implies) the fact Cahill or Luiz makes equally bad pieces of defending, either being passive (Cahill) or too proactive (Luiz).

The wide attacking players refuse width even against teams who has to be stretched, there's no link with the full backs either to help them defensively, to provide them passing options or use them when they overlap as well.

The full backs try to provide some width but the 4-2-3-1 doesn't allow a proper covering of the axis ; the covering thing was my main concern for this season and that was one of the figurehead of my two articles on Chelsea so far. But that's not complicated: taking back an attacking player to ask him to cover the axis takes then away a support player for Torres.

Mikel is very aware of the instructions he's been given. In fact at the moment he is our virtual playmaker considering each of the three attacking players happening to play in the hole lacks something: Mata lacks the ability to keep the ball, Hazard wants the ball on his feet before getting on the half turn (doesn't drops deep enough) while Oscar hasn't the sufficient volume of play (despite excellent and crucial movements/passing choices).

Mikel is logically forced to come higher up because you cannot dictate the play from the very deep (except by playing vertically, that he also does punctually)

I was genuinly happy of the performance today on the first half: the wide players did their defensive duties and prevented the passing options, the pressing was efficient to force the opponent to commit mistakes. But the lack of options on the bench and probably Robbie's late choices fucked up the game once more because the players were knackered way too early

Just want to add something about "why do you think Guardiola would magically work?" - He'd have the full trust of Abramovich. Di Matteo doesn't.

Guardiola would choose the transfers. He would choose the tactics. He would choose so much more than RDM is allowed.

Just want to add something about "why do you think Guardiola would magically work?" - He'd have the full trust of Abramovich. Di Matteo doesn't.

Guardiola would choose the transfers. He would choose the tactics. He would choose so much more than RDM is allowed.

TBH we don't exactly know that. RDM decides to wait til the 76th min to make an unforced change etc. Tactically, we have to work with what we have at our disposal, and other than perhaps a 4-3-3 we don't really have the personnel to try something else. I.e. we obviously can't go 4-4-2, or 3-5-2 or anything like that, and in terms of on field tactics it is hard to have to have the 3 AM's running the show... Obviously that raises the question put studge or moses up there, which is where some blame could fall on RDM, but i honestly don't believe things would exactly be that different with pep at the helm.

Also many have said he doesn't have a plan B. But do we really have the personnel for a plan B. Put moses up front is about as plan B as we have, or drop oscar back deeper and put moses wide. When we had didier we had a plan B (Or A depending on how you look at it). I.e. big target man...

Transfers im happy enough letting the board have a major say, you only need to look at Benitez and Dalglish to see what can go wrong giving a manager total control.

Tactics? you seriously think Roman has a say in that? or selecting the team?

I thought we did well against Liverpool, particularly when you consider we had a fairly inexperienced RB and LB.

We could of beaten them, had we taken those 50-50 chances.

I'm just really worried about John Terry's absence. His leadership is vital to our defensive structure.

I do actually agree with the OP about lack of attacking organisation. It does seem like it's a bit 'here's the ball.. go.' and it's working to an extent. But games like today they just run out of ideas that they never actually had.

I agree with most points about lack of a proper striker really is hurting us. It's because they don't have someone to spearhead the attack, which is why our attack looks tactically unprepared. Now whether that's what it is or not.. Well there's only one way to find out.

In any case I still believe in Di Matteo to come through with that. He's smart & he's on a learning curve as well.. Let's hope Santa brings him Falcao.

Nani was never a world-class material , he was more of a Quaresma than Ronaldo , the 3 of them have a very similar set of skills but very different character and dedication , No man will ever be able to turn and develop every talented player to a world-class one , the likes of Nani , Kleberson, Bebe, Anderson were never gonna be world-class players whether that's under SAF or any other manager .... Hazard on the other hand has the skill-set , dedication and character to become a world-class player , he just needs more guidance to get their faster and further , that's what SAF would have done.

Anderson was destined for the top before Fergie tried to make him a CM. He was actually an attacking midfielder at first. Injuries didn't help too much either.

Nani and Anderson had stupidly high ceiling's when they signed for United, especially the latter, if they both reached their full potential United would have been stupidly good.

Manchester United - struggling at Villa Park, send Hernandez on. 3-2

Manchester City - struggling against Spuds, send Dzeko on. 2-1

Chelsea's real problem is a lack of a Plan B. the 4-2-3-1 system is our only system. we have the flexibility to change but we didn't use pre-season to train in other formations (except for the Brighton game where we played a 4-3-3). so if we are stuck against any team, we don't have a real option to change the way we play. a quality striker was needed for a sustained title challenge

I do actually agree with the OP about lack of attacking organisation. It does seem like it's a bit 'here's the ball.. go.' and it's working to an extent. But games like today they just run out of ideas that they never actually had.

I agree with most points about lack of a proper striker really is hurting us. It's because they don't have someone to spearhead the attack, which is why our attack looks tactically unprepared. Now whether that's what it is or not.. Well there's only one way to find out.

In any case I still believe in Di Matteo to come through with that. He's smart & he's on a learning curve as well.. Let's hope Santa brings him Falcao.

tbh, we are riding on individual brilliance. you saw how shakhtar played. well drilled and clever off the ball running to create space and shoot. we are exactly the opposite of that. static on the attack. playing the ball to feet. lack of off-the-ball movement. we are nowhere near full capacity but 1/3rds into the season, I worry if we'll ever reach the full capacity this season