Real concerns

BLionheart

Recent results and points dropped are not the real concern , it's the rather lack of development in our team , we have one of the best starting 11 in the world and definitely the best in the league but they are left to develop on their own.

The likes of Hazard , Oscar , Moses , Bertrand etc. are exactly as good as they were before coming here , players at such age coming into one of the biggest clubs in England should have huge development in their first six month but that's not what's happening.

We attack based on the trio's instincts without any clear instruction or offensive gameplan , it's like we just pass the ball to one of the maestros and see what they will do , Not once we had what looked like a move practiced in training or based on instructions.

Our defensive organization is really really woeful now , not just because of the trio behind Torres but because suddenly Mikel thinks he is Yaya Toure and instead of staying infront of the defense he is in the opponents box wasting position , same goes for full backs who were all caught out of position numerous times this season, i am not against possession game and i know it's gonne require full backs and midfield to come forward a lot but if you are advanced and you know that there is no one to cover for you then make sure you fuckin keep possession.

Di Matteo is a great manager and Motivator but i am afraid we need someone who can develop promising youngsters into world-class players , i can assure you if Hazard was at United , SAF would have made him the best player in the EPL by some distance , that's what we need someone who can get Hazard , Oscar , Moses to places we dreamed of , i am telling you under the right guidance Hazard and Oscar can achieve the greatness of the likes of Xavi , Iniesta , Ronaldo , Lampard , etc...

This is not a Knee jerk reaction , i have had my doubts since the beginning of the season but i had to wait a while before i judge and i still have hope that Di Matteo can turn this around.

Believe me Torres is not the biggest of our problems as many claim , he is just not a solution.

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes we have other problems but when it boils down to it that is the issue.

Also, we can hardly say there has been no development, there has been 10 games. For example oscar has done amazingly well adapting to the english league, in only a few games. Our 3 amigos are not our problem here; they are our shining light and often our saviour...

Hazard- Start of the season

Mata- throughout really he has been exceptional

Oscar- Has generally done extremely well especially in the champions league.

Moses- Showing his ability when he gets the chance.

Bertrand- Our number 2 left back, had a shocker vs shakhtar, but was better today.

Our performances have been alright but the results have been frustrating.

In these games we have a golden chance, miss and then the opposition goes on too score. Gutted that Terry is injured but Azpi was class today and the Iva, Cahill partnership looks promising.

The crux of the matter is we're not clinical enough, not just Torres (who was unlucky today I guess). I can say with confidence that if we had Falcao I think we would of have more points right now.

If we get our defense organised and balance reached we are IMO just a Falcao away from going to the next level.

Today it was very evident that the players needed some guidance from the manager e.g. Suso change made Liverpool a much more potent thread as we just didn't change anything it reminds me of AVB reign where it would be a 'wait, we'll get our chances' and what if they never come like today? We were so comfortable and Liverpool were on the backfoot but we needed a change around 58 minute mark and I kept saying it to the people I watched the game with.. time went on, nothing.. and nothing.. ANNNDDD they score.

FFS! Do we need to create a thread like this every time after we dropped points?!

Like you said, you had doubts at the beginning of the season and yet you expect RDM to suddenly just turn Oscar, Hazard etc into world class players in the space of 4 months?! These players need time to develop and they'll get better with it. Furthermore, how many of us really expect us to be where we are right now in July, honestly?!

Recent results and points dropped are not the real concern , it's the rather lack of development in our team , we have one of the best starting 11 in the world and definitely the best in the league but they are left to develop on their own.

The likes of Hazard , Oscar , Moses , Bertrand etc. are exactly as good as they were before coming here , players at such age coming into one of the biggest clubs in England should have huge development in their first six month but that's not what's happening.

We attack based on the trio's instincts without any clear instruction or offensive gameplan , it's like we just pass the ball to one of the maestros and see what they will do , Not once we had what looked like a move practiced in training or based on instructions.

Our defensive organization is really really woeful now , not just because of the trio behind Torres but because suddenly Mikel thinks he is Yaya Toure and instead of staying infront of the defense he is in the opponents box wasting position , same goes for full backs who were all caught out of position numerous times this season, i am not against possession game and i know it's gonne require full backs and midfield to come forward a lot but if you are advanced and you know that there is no one to cover for you then make sure you fuckin keep possession.

Di Matteo is a great manager and Motivator but i am afraid we need someone who can develop promising youngsters into world-class players , i can assure you if Hazard was at United , SAF would have made him the best player in the EPL by some distance , that's what we need someone who can get Hazard , Oscar , Moses to places we dreamed of , i am telling you under the right guidance Hazard and Oscar can achieve the greatness of the likes of Xavi , Iniesta , Ronaldo , Lampard , etc...

This is not a Knee jerk reaction , i have had my doubts since the beginning of the season but i had to wait a while before i judge and i still have hope that Di Matteo can turn this around.

Believe me Torres is not the biggest of our problems as many claim , he is just not a solution.

If only i could give you 100 repution points for this post...This is exactly what i wanted to say for quite some time now but i just couldn't find the incentive to do so since all i have been reading in the forum is blaming the players and especially Torres for everything that's going on and failing to see the bigger picture.It's nice to know that there is someone else here who sees the same things that i do.

Can't agree more.

Two Words:

PEP

GUARDIOLA.

The attacking options are very weak compared to the squads of Citeh and United. This could change in January -but Torres is obviously not doing what he did at Athletico or at Liverpool. Drogba would have sealed their fate at 1-0.

Pretty football today, but didnt finish what was probably the worst Liverpool team in a while. Its reminiscent of the tippy tappy creativity with little end result, of the 97 or 2000 seasons and although Chels were the better team, it could have been like last season had JT not been playing -he is Mr Motivator amongst other things.

Splash the cash Roman -Falcao in January please

And if we still dont play amazingly well..... bit stuck and back on the manager merry go round

This is not about playing amazingly well. Actually we have problems in the defence, but also in the attack. Its not the first time that we play well, but fail to kill the game. In the second haf, how many shoots we had, ball possession does not mean playing well. How many time they GK had to work?

The real concern: the players have to convert their chances into goals. It's as simple as that. Torres had 2 great chances, then Mata had a golden opportunity, and so did Oscar, and so did Hazard and Mikel. We were very unlucky, and we should've taken our chances. It could've been 4-0, and this topic would probably not even exist. So I actually think this is a knee jerk reaction.

As for the Mata - Hazard - Oscar trio, I think it has been working amazingly well, how can you even complain about them? I never thought they'd be so good only after a few months of being in the same team. I thought that Mata wouldn't be the same after Hazard and Oscar came but he's even better now. Oscar is also a terrific player, and Hazard is getting better each day. Be patient and have faith in RDM and in the team. Today's result was a big disappointment but let's not exaggerate things.

some of you people are fucking unbelievable... honestly, we have Oscar and Hazard, Azpilicueta in there today and Bertrand who has had but a handful of starts. As well as Torres upfront. We get a loss against Man Utd and a draw against Liverpool and you are all saying that RDM needs to be sacked. What the fuck is wrong with you..? Some of you really do make it difficult to think that you are anything but plastic fans. Though, we have kind of brought it on ourselves what with the constant sacking and hiring of managers over the past 8 years- all of which have a different philosophy and play style.

Yep there is a real concern right now. I'm sitting in my living room with my mum, her friend and her friends daughter. The inside of my nose is itchy but I don't want to try itch it because they will probably think I'm trying to pick my nose. Help?!?!?!?!

:Goober:

Can't agree more.

Two Words:

PEP

GUARDIOLA.

what exactly makes you think that everything will be perfect under Guardiola? People keep saying we should get him and some have the delusion to think that we will win every game 7-0 like the Barca team of 2009/10 and that everything will be perfect because Guardiola did well at one club which he knew inside out. That team he was in charge of had 2 of the greatest midfielders of our generation at their peak and one of the best ever in Lionel Messi. We don't have that. We have players with potential but it won't be an overnight miracle with Pep.