Namika

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 262
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

are we sure?

http://www.mirror.co...iminary-1464288

we all know how much abramovich loves pep but if he goes to city....

hopefully he has a back-up plan. mourinho maybe?

Won't be a surprise if heads to City. They've already hired Txiki Begiristain, and now probably want to complete the set

Roman needs to get real...

Hiring him does not mean that Chelsea will play football like Barcelona and win trophies like Barcelona...

why can't we develop our own style?

I think Roman is just like Pep. He gets nervous when we don't have the ball. And the solution to that is to keep possession.

What Roman wants, Roman gets.

Won't be a surprise if heads to City. They've already hired Txiki Begiristain, and now probably want to complete the set

It depends what happens in the league IMO. If City don't win, Mancini will be out, if they do win, I think he'll probably stay. The City job would naturally be more appealing for coaches as they appear willing to give coaches some time. City was hardly lights-out under Mancini for the first year and a half and still have problems. If Roman were their owner, they'd have gone through about 3 managers in that period.

I think Roman is just like Pep. He gets nervous when we don't have the ball. And the solution to that is to keep possession.

What Roman wants, Roman gets.

then why did he sack scholari & ancelotti for?

plenty of possession we had under ancelotti...

are we sure?

http://www.mirror.co...iminary-1464288

we all know how much abramovich loves pep but if he goes to city....

hopefully he has a back-up plan. mourinho maybe?

That's the same 'agent' who said Drogba was going to Barcelona and Terry was going to Valencia.

then why did he sack scholari & ancelotti for?

plenty of possession we had under ancelotti...

He sacked Scolari because we were shit and he sacked Ancelotti because the football in the second half of his second season was fairly poor.

Personally I like the idea of us getting Guardiola. I think he'd be given more time to try things, and that includes giving the young players a chance. Who doesn't want to see what Josh McEachran could be with Guardiola's influence on him?

As far as I'm concerned Guardiola is not a proven manager and I can't understand the love for him from Roman. So far he has only proven that he can win with already built team full of stars, the same thing that his replacement at Barca - Pito Vilanova or whatshisname can do with ease. Now I almost don't care who manages our team because that person is one bad run of matches away from the sack. If there is one I would love to see leading Chelsea that would be Jose. The special one is the only one.

As far as I'm concerned Guardiola is not a proven manager and I can't understand the love for him from Roman. So far he has only proven that he can win with already built team full of stars, the same thing that his replacement at Barca - Pito Vilanova or whatshisname can do with ease. Now I almost don't care who manages our team because that person is one bad run of matches away from the sack. If there is one I would love to see leading Chelsea that would be Jose. The special one is the only one.

Without wanting to sound rude, you don't seem to have any idea of what Guardiola did at Barcelona. The players he offloaded, the players he bought in and also promoted from withint, the changes in terms of discipline and work ethic, the very idea of what they were supposed to do as employees of Barcelona.

Honestly, if you want to know what he's actually like as a manager and how wrong you actually are I'd suggest picking up the new book on him written by Guillem Balague. It's a nice introduction to Guardiola the manager.

just because Guardiola won plenty of trophies with barcelona doens't mean he is a god-like-manager.

what makes people think that he can make chelsea so formidable and get 3 points for every match? do ppl really think this is football manager?

whether be it guardiola, avb, rdm and ancelotti, roman should understand that there is seriously nothing as instant/guaranteed success on football level.

guaranteed success to an extent probably exists if it is done from the core or a base to start with, example developing a team of youths with great potential and drilling them the loyalty and passion for the club. only with great passion, loyalty, determination and great teamwork on the pitch, players can excel and do well.

constantly changing the management does not really help.

just because Guardiola won plenty of trophies with barcelona doens't mean he is a god-like-manager.

what makes people think that he can make chelsea so formidable and get 3 points for every match? do ppl really think this is football manager?

whether be it guardiola, avb, rdm and ancelotti, roman should understand that there is seriously nothing as instant/guaranteed success on football level.

guaranteed success to an extent probably exists if it is done from the core or a base to start with, example developing a team of youths with great potential and drilling them the loyalty and passion for the club. only with great passion, loyalty, determination and great teamwork on the pitch, players can excel and do well.

There's no guarantees in football. All you can do is look at what qualities a person seems to possess and judge whether they are right for your team.

When you look at what he did at Barcelona and how he moulded a team out of a collection of individuals (not all, but many) and you see the issues we have at the club, then I think he is about as good a manager as is around (and available) at the moment.

He is also massively respected throughout the game because he did it both as a player and a manager. Look at the problems AVB had when it came to man-management. Guardilola can be a figurehead for the whole club and he can become that person who changes how we play football at every age-group.

We shouldn't keep changing managers, but you need to find the right manager to stick with long-term and we haven't had that since Mourinho. This club is still very much based on what he instituted - we need another big manager to come in and take us on to the next stage in our development. It's all here waiting for him if he wants it.

None of us believe that if Guardiola become our manager then we would have instant success and win every single match.

But if Roman wants to play possession-based football, then Pep is the man for the job. He would have plenty of young players with great technical ability and he would know exactly which players he needs to get of and which to bring in. It wouldn't bring instant success, as you say, but if any manager is going to be given time to implement his ideas at Chelsea, it's Pep.

I have a feeling it's going to be Mourinho instead which I don't mind if he is here for the long haul.

I feel the same way too. I've a sneaky suspicion Real will win the CL this year, it seems the only thing their players are playing for; then José will leave.

Call it sentimentality or whatever, but I just don't see José managing anyone in the PL except us. Think about it. Who says it's Guardiola Roman really wants? Who said he wants a 'Blue Barca'? Because he certainly doesn't give interviews; and by the looks of the past week and a half, he wants a WINNING team above anything else. Mourinho has made no secret he's still on speaking terms with Roman; advising us, supporting us, speaking of his love for London and the club. It's all there.

As for Pep, I don't see it. He had the bones of a World Cup winning squad and how could you make such a team any better? Messi. He seemed to be in the right place at the right time for Cruyff and Rijkaard's hard work to finally bear fruit. I mean, Barca don't seem to be slowing down now that Tito is manager now do they? I'm sure top European clubs will be stupidly falling over themselves in a couple of years for his services too.