Chelsea in pole position for Guardiola

Namika

You've essentially just agreed with what I said - the spine never changed. The team he built remained the same, but there was nothing coming up to supplement or replace that. Now that might not just be his fault and we can point fingers at the board but the same thing seems to have happened at Inter.

Realistically, how many years does Mourinho stay at Chelsea? 2 or 3 if we're lucky? What about all the baggage that him and Roman have?

It could work. But I'm always wary of people going back to places where they had past glories. It doesn't always work out well. Do we even have the personnel that he would want?

Pep Guardiola has to be this club's first choice and they have to do everything they can to get him, and let him do his job in peace. If not him then maybe Klopp at Dortmund.

You say "The team he built remained the same, but there was nothing coming up to supplement or replace that.".

Well I say, fucking yeah when Roman sacked his sorry arse...

He did build something, and that something remained even after he left the club, even though we were the richest club back then, or the club most willing to spend the money around...that wouldn't happen unless what Jose build wasn't winning and brilliant.

And I'm pretty sure he wouldn't return here unless he was given some reassurances or given more freedom then to be simply a coach with the board handling players around...

• Replies 262
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

if we do get him or our next manager whoever that is, somebody has to tell roman that he must have time if we have a bad month let it be give the guy time to fix it, saying that we need new people that advise Roman, like they was saying on SSN yesterday surely somebody could have told him that Rafa would not have gone down well and aviod it

You say "The team he built remained the same, but there was nothing coming up to supplement or replace that.".

Well I say, fucking yeah when Roman sacked his sorry arse...

He did build something, and that something remained even after he left the club, even though we were the richest club back then, or the club most willing to spend the money around...that wouldn't happen unless what Jose build wasn't winning and brilliant.

And I'm pretty sure he wouldn't return here unless he was given some reassurances or given more freedom then to be simply a coach with the board handling players around...

He built a car - we need to start building a factory. That team was built around expensive buys and we simply can't continue to do that. We need to start using the academy and the scouting system rather than buying established players. Can Jose do that?

We can't simply waste the talent coming through. This isn't a video game where there's an infinite money cheat. We're a club looking to build a new stadium in the next 3-5 years (ideally) and we need continuity throughout the club to achieve that. I honestly don't know if that is one of Mourinho's strengths.

surely somebody could have told him that Rafa would not have gone down well and aviod it

We need to get away from this idea that Roman doesn't know this - he knew. He's not an idiot. He was at those matches against Liverpool.

People don't seem to know much about Roman - he's a football nerd. He loves the game, he devours it voraciously and he isn't an idiot. But he's got £1 billion invested in the club so he tends to look past certain things if he thinks a guy can do a job for him.

He built a car - we need to start building a factory. That team was built around expensive buys and we simply can't continue to do that. We need to start using the academy and the scouting system rather than buying established players. Can Jose do that?

We can't simply waste the talent coming through. This isn't a video game where there's an infinite money cheat. We're a club looking to build a new stadium in the next 3-5 years (ideally) and we need continuity throughout the club to achieve that. I honestly don't know if that is one of Mourinho's strengths.

I am hoping that he will finally settle down somewhere because I don't see him going to either Germany or France so all that remains is England. If he does settle down, I don't see why he couldn't do well long term here. For his previous jobs, he was still out there to prove everyone he is the best, but now his point has well been taken.

And doing what you wrote with the approach our dear owner has...good fucking luck.

He did say he wanted to when he was here start using more youth..however under pressure to win and win trophies just went with what worked etc rather then take risks with young and unestablished players

Programme on him on ITV4 tommrow...

To come back to Pep, the question will be: Will he be able to change his style of play to the one he played at Barca? The current squad isn't and will never be capable of playing like FCB, just like any other team in the world. The way they play needs a stable strategy from the youth academy to the first team, they have a clue what they want, and design or - if La Masia doesn't have a special kind of player - buy just that type of players they need for it. And that's the thing, we don't have that clue. I don't want to doubt the quality of all the managers that have lead Chelsea to these titles, including RDM, but what we're lacking is the consistency. A manager who can take his time to develop the team to a certain style of playing the game. Guardiola could be this guy, but will he get the time he needs? And would he even want to manage the team that beat his CFC last year? And the most important thing is - as stated above - will he be able to change his style of play? He can't go to any other club in the world and make them play like Barca with his magical formula, and honestly, I don't want to see the Barca kind of football at Chelsea.

He built a car - we need to start building a factory.

Well said. One of the main reasons Guardiola was allowed to be so successful is down to the impressive talent of La Masia. He was a Barcelona man through & through and it was him understanding the philosophy of the club that allowed him to be an instant hero. It's also why Capello, for example, was so successful with Milan when they had the impressive Maldini, Baresi & Costacurta that came up from their academy.

The importance of academy players coming through is underrated. Those players will play with much more heart, determination & character than the expensive buys will. Raul was never the most technically gifted or fastest of players but he worked hard to breakthrough from the Madrid academy and went on to break Di Stefano's record.

I mean just imagine if the new core of our team became McEachran, Bertrand, Chalobah & Todd Kane. Guys who would've been at the club since they were kids and thus understand the importance of putting on the Chelsea shirt.

Guardiola will change nothing,gave up on any kind of stability ages ago.Roman sacks managers for fun and we will be in a free fall for years to come mark my words.We will probably splash out shit loads on a few panic signings in January,go out in the group stages of the UCL,maybe win the League Cup and end this insanity with that fat fuck in charge.Ancelotii was a manager for us to make it long term,so was Di Matteo i quit on hoping for us ever being a stable club again.It is all about the instant success for Roman and it will always be.

Guardiola will change nothing,gave up on any kind of stability ages ago.Roman sacks managers for fun and we will be in a free fall for years to come mark my words.We will probably splash out shit loads on a few panic signings in January,go out in the group stages of the UCL,maybe win the League Cup and end this insanity with that fat fuck in charge.Ancelotii was a manager for us to make it long term,so was Di Matteo i quit on hoping for us ever being a stable club again.It is all about the instant success for Roman and it will always be.

Ancelotti was never going to be the long-term answer after the downturn in performances in his second year (yes, it coincided with Wilkins leaving) and Roman never had any faith in Robbie. He tried with AVB but that was a disaster.

Roman does want long-term stability, but he wants it with the right manager.

And he's never gana know who the right manager is as soon as we hit a bad run thats it they're out.No time to see how they can get out of it or how things will go instead.And he defintly wont find it with Rafa!Or anything with Rafa at this point.RDM may have caused us to be in the postion we are in Champs League wise but anything between now and end of the season isnt down to him at all

And he's never gana know who the right manager is as soon as we hit a bad run thats it they're out.No time to see how they can get out of it or how things will go instead

Unsurprisingly a job that pays around £2 million a year has high demands on it. The manager has to show potential whilst getting results. They also need a strong track record ideally.

The only person who has shown that since Mourinho has been Ancelotti, and even that didn't work out in his second year. Guardiola would have the track record to get more time than someone like Robbie, but he would also need to show short-term success too. But no-one coming into this job thinks any differently.

They dont often get time to show potential.And the thing is I wouldnt blame Pep if he thinks 'sod it whats the point' and goes elsewhere.We're not making the best name for ourselves or looking like the best place to go to and be able to build a team and play how the Manager wants not how they're told to play.And if we do get him I hope after all this he doesnt stupidly get the sack because who next?

Raul was never the most technically giifted

I just have do this. Shame on you LDN, Raul's technique is brilliant. His touch, control, passing technique and shooting technique, simply fantastic in every aspect.

As for your post, very idealistic. I've given up on us producing first team players through our academy a long time ago. The academy is all about making money, rare exceptions excluded. It's impossible to consistently promote youngsters with the way the club is run (short-term vision).

Well said. One of the main reasons Guardiola was allowed to be so successful is down to the impressive talent of La Masia. He was a Barcelona man through & through and it was him understanding the philosophy of the club that allowed him to be an instant hero. It's also why Capello, for example, was so successful with Milan when they had the impressive Maldini, Baresi & Costacurta that came up from their academy.

The importance of academy players coming through is underrated. Those players will play with much more heart, determination & character than the expensive buys will. Raul was never the most technically gifted or fastest of players but he worked hard to breakthrough from the Madrid academy and went on to break Di Stefano's record.

I mean just imagine if the new core of our team became McEachran, Bertrand, Chalobah & Todd Kane. Guys who would've been at the club since they were kids and thus understand the importance of putting on the Chelsea shirt.

remember the Sammy boy as well :(

Our issue does seem to be not giving them time or playing them,sending them away on loan where they either stay or sold elsewhere.Need to start taking risks and give the Manager time to take those risks or trying to develop them is a waste for us and a gain for someone else

Our issue does seem to be not giving them time or playing them,sending them away on loan where they either stay or sold elsewhere.Need to start taking risks and give the Manager time to take those risks or trying to develop them is a waste for us and a gain for someone else

I agree. But it's hard to give a manager time to develop youngsters when the manager himself never gets time at Chelsea.