Chelsea in pole position for Guardiola

Namika

I agree. But it's hard to give a manager time to develop youngsters when the manager himself never gets time at Chelsea.

I agree. This is leadership on a management level. Who can 'block' the board long enough and still get their vision across. It is not a coincidence managerial courage is a highly sought after quality in business environments. Eg. The special one anyone?

Who can lead us, develop youngsters, 'people manage' the board and Roman, inspire them to have a little faith in the long term plan AND get a few successes along the way (we are Chelsea after all!) while giving their all for all the talent we have got on the pitch AND in the waiting room.

yes yes, the power of the dark side sure is alluring.

• Replies 262
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Exactly and there lies the issue.Cant expect to develop youngsters in 6 months or so.At some point the board need to be patient and hopfully be like it with Pep or whoever we end up with should we miss out on him.Like said Jose wanted to try and bring in more youth when everyone was raving about Arsenal but summed it up when said pressures onto win trophies so felt unable to take time to build a team like that

I just have do this. Shame on you LDN, Raul's technique is brilliant. His touch, control, passing technique and shooting technique, simply fantastic in every aspect.

As for your post, very idealistic. I've given up on us producing first team players through our academy a long time ago. The academy is all about making money, rare exceptions excluded. It's impossible to consistently promote youngsters with the way the club is run (short-term vision).

For me the bigger problem is that there is no middle ground between England U21 leagues and first team football, like Spain and Germany have. There is simply too big of a gap between the u21 and premier league, it is tough transition for any player to make. The U21 league is not competitive and they don't play enough games, and that is with recent changes lol. Our option right now is to loan players, to make up for that gap. Not really effective for many reasons, not really preparing them to play the way Chelsea first team are and secondly do not like the fact we are under the mercy of other clubs to develop our youngsters.. For me that is a bigger problem then the current state of our club.

You can see that reflective of other clubs and England NT. Who has United or Arsenal developed recently that is exciting for example? Wilshere and who else?

I just have do this. Shame on you LDN, Raul's technique is brilliant. His touch, control, passing technique and shooting technique, simply fantastic in every aspect.

As for your post, very idealistic. I've given up on us producing first team players through our academy a long time ago. The academy is all about making money, rare exceptions excluded. It's impossible to consistently promote youngsters with the way the club is run (short-term vision).

xD I knew you would be picking up on that. I actually though Raúl wasn't as technically gifted in terms of skilful but you're right on the other aspects. For me, its his intelligence and hard work that paid off. Not taking anything away from the angel of Madrid though :D

--

Yeah I know, I simply used it as an example of why Guardiola & others in the past like Capello have been so successful at Barcelona & Milan respectively. It's why those same characters would not succeed at Chelsea. Cobham isn't designed like that, English football isn't designed like that.

remember the Sammy boy as well :(

How could I forget!

Just heard the name Roberto Martinez mentioned as a potential manager. Now granted it was Jason Burt, an absolute joke of a journalist who gets almost everything wrong, who named him but he said that the club liked Martinez and I can sort of see why it may be true.

Martinez is the manager who started the Swansea revolution. His sides play good football and regularly outplay the top teams. Have you ever watched a Wigan game against the lower sides? They have about 80% of the ball and embarrass the teams around them technically and tactically. He does some things that could really work at a top club with better players.

I wouldn't be surprised if he is a serious contender for the job but stranger things have happened e.g. Rafa Benitez.

Ancelotti was never going to be the long-term answer after the downturn in performances in his second year (yes, it coincided with Wilkins leaving) and Roman never had any faith in Robbie. He tried with AVB but that was a disaster.

Roman does want long-term stability, but he wants it with the right manager.

The right manager is? Oh i know its the one that brings a trophy every season.That manager we won't live to see.

The right manager is? Oh i know its the one that brings a trophy every season.That manager we won't live to see.

The right manager is whichever manager will be given time by Roman and the board and have time to implement his ideas without getting sacked if he doesn't bring instant success.

For me the bigger problem is that there is no middle ground between England U21 leagues and first team football, like Spain and Germany have. There is simply too big of a gap between the u21 and premier league, it is tough transition for any player to make. The U21 league is not competitive and they don't play enough games, and that is with recent changes lol. Our option right now is to loan players, to make up for that gap. Not really effective for many reasons, not really preparing them to play the way Chelsea first team are and secondly do not like the fact we are under the mercy of other clubs to develop our youngsters.. For me that is a bigger problem then the current state of our club.

You can see that reflective of other clubs and England NT. Who has United or Arsenal developed recently that is exciting for example? Wilshere and who else?

You're absolutely right. The way English football is set up is just awful for youth development. To add to what you've already said, there's the rule where clubs are only allowed to scout in their own designated areas. There are like 756 clubs in London and they all have to share the talent in the area.

But the club also doesn't buy players at a young age for relatively low prices (so incredbily hyped up/talented players don't count) and help them develop into future first team players. Look at Lucas for example. Unknown at first, ridiculed by opposition fans and media at first but look at him now. Best DM in the league if you ask me.

But with the immense pressure on managers, young players can't develop here as the managers pick (and buy) experienced players because everyone has to perform right now. Even fans have picked up that mentality as they already grow tired of a player after a few bad performances.

Ah If Roman gets bored, there are Pep Guardiola, Simone from Atletico, Clark from Wba, Zdenek Zeman, etc. that can be brought in...

You think Clarke would want to come here? He has a good thing going with WBA. Here he would only get humiliated like Wilkins and Robbie.

Would rather Mourinho, But then again. With the players we have. Guardiola could do wonders with our squad. Either way, Whoever it is should be an upgrade to Rafa. He's turning the club apart. Booing during games etc, Its not a good atmosphere at all for the fans. The sooner its over with and Rafa's gone, the better.

The loan system... something I talked about last time on how Udinese filled the hole. I think we are doing something similiar with Vitesse, would had prefer if we had did something with a lower English club instead.

Should had bail out 1 of the smaller London clubs and used it as a base to send our youngsters there to.

This headline in the Sun made me giggle:

Chelsea have been told to back off Pep Guardiola or risk losing out on the former Barcelona coach.

I have a vision in my head of Roman hiding behind a New York taxi, waiting for Pep to leave his hotel. Pep leaves with his children and Roman follows him, throwing wads of Rubles at him while exclaiming: "Y u no take job? I seduce you! I seduce you like all of my women, with Rubles!!!"

:D