Chelsea in pole position for Guardiola

Namika

• Replies 262
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd hardly call it an insult, though yes I am good and yes I did find his comment a bit ridiculous.

You think Pep is the finest and I think he is nothing special and he hasn't proven himself enough to convince me, then what gives you the rights to call me idiot? I thought we are all entitled to express our own opinions, no?

Nevermind, let's leave it here.

You think Pep is the finest and I think he is nothing special and he hasn't proven himself enough to convince me, then what gives you the rights to call me idiot? I thought we are all entitled to express our own opinions, no?

Nevermind, let's leave it here.

Really ?

I don't even know who is the current manager of Barca yet still they are in the pole position of La Liga, really a donkey can manage Barca to achieve good results. Pep is nothing special, yes I said it. Barca legend my ass, stay away from my club.

A quick reminder of this comment. This is why I can consider your opinion idiotic. Not only is it ridiculous but, later in this thread, you admit to rarely watching Barcelona under Pep thus your opinion is entirely irrelevant if you've barely seen them play.

Hmm back in London for a few days and the cabbie was a CFC fan, he reckons its nailed on that Pep will join at the end of the season.

I don't know what to think, think RDM deserves a chance, but would Pep bring more?

Tough call...

Will definitely be a tough call. Stick with RDM or get Pep.

Pep should come and manage in the EPL, whether that's Chelsea, City or United (when Fergie finally retires)..but I'd have to say, with his former Barca 'pals' already at City..and the owners high expectations..if Mancini screws up badly, Pep would be the obvious choice to take over.

Hmm back in London for a few days and the cabbie was a CFC fan, he reckons its nailed on that Pep will join at the end of the season.

I don't know what to think, think RDM deserves a chance, but would Pep bring more?

Tough call...

I really think Pep is one of the finest coaches out there. It would be huge if we get him.

However, I believe RDM can do an amazing job if he stays for 4-5 years. I like everything about him; knowledge, serenity, player management, etc. Di Matteo lacks experience and we never expereinced him under huge pressure, but that will eventually come.

I personally agree with what my professor once said: we should never change things if we arent 100% sure it will be better than what we have (I took it completely out of contest, but it works). So, right now, I think RDM is a better option.

Though call though...

Tough ? I don't think so, we should just make a poll, with the current squad available who would run the team/club better :

1.RDM.

2.Pep

For me it's obviously Guardiola but that's my opinion.

Reasoning behind choosing Pep?

RDM by far for me. Has done enough to warrant him a place as manager.

Cool, calm, collected. Exactly what you need when managing Chelsea.

His transition formula is working to some extent, but all the niggely buts will be ironed out in due course.

This story was always going to appear this season. That it has taken this long to appear shows how good Di Matteo has done.

First wobble = Pep wants Chelsea/Chelsea wants Pep. The press have just been waiting since August to write this up.

Although I do think there probably is some truth to this. RDM was only given a two year contract so the board/Roman know he isn't a long-term solution for what they want regardless of what's he won.

Whatever happens Robbie is a Chelsea legend and will always be remembered as not only a fine player but the man who won Chelsea's first European Cup. He's untouchable. Everything from here on in is just adding to his reputation.

Sad thing is RDM has been given a decent group of players but there are holes in the squad that will cost him and us. But I bet that Pep, if he does become the next manager, will get everything he needs and asks for.