Chelsea in pole position for Guardiola

Namika

• Replies 262
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't see Klopp leaving Dortmund for us. He has great youth coming through; is doing great in the Champions League; is picking up pace again in the Bundesliga after 2 league wins in a row; has arguably the best player in the league in his team (Reus, unless you consider one of the Bayern Munich players to be better than him), speaks the language obviously as he's German, works at a team with an incredible support and loud crowd (face it guys; we're like a library unless it's a big CL night), and the list could go on and on.

Klopp should be staying at Dortmund for quite a long time.

I don't see Guardiola joining us either. Whether we want to consider ourselves as this or not; we are a rival to Barcelona when it comes to Europe and a huge amount of their players, ex-players, fans and staff despise us. Why would Guardiola risk losing hero status in Barcelona just to earn a bit extra cash over here? Our club is against everything he believes in. His philosophy vs. our board's arrogance, ignorance, impatience etc. would be potentially disastrous.

It makes most sense for him to join AC Milan. His reps have already had meetings with AC Milan I believe.

They're now about bringing through their youth, they want to play attractive football, have a glorious history, they have a decent board with great coaches (aside from perhaps the medical staff), and a little 'wonderkid' (to some) in the form of El Shaarawy who could be fun to work with.

They also have a great derby vs. Inter. Pep loves a derby!

I don't see Mourinho joining us, but if I had to pick one of out the 3, I'd say he's most likely.

Mou Mou has allot of pride. There is absolutely no way he'll leave Real Madrid without winning the Champions League. (No he's not going to get sacked. Well I doubt it anyway. It's just paper talk.)

Managing at Real Madrid and failing to win the Champions League would put a huge dent in his legacy and would also be a big black mark against his name when debates of "the greatest manager of all time" are raised in the future.

He doesn't 'love' this club. He loves the players.. most of which no longer even play for us. With Lampard and Terry also on the decline, this is in no way shape or form the Chelsea he managed; Cech & Mikel aside.

His true 'love' in football is clearly Inter Milan. It's so obvious to see that it mentally hurts me when I rack my brain as to how people (Other Chelsea fans) think that Mourinho is in love with this club. Is it just because he lead us to success and was most of our fave manager in history that we overrate how much he actually liked his time here?

I'm positive that if he returns to England, it will indeed be to Manchester with him.

Next season, I doubt we'll have anyone who's considered a 'top manager' right now.

Either we'll get an ex 'top manager' who's out of contract; a highly rated and astute manager who manages a national side or lead a mid-table team to decent success and caused them to punch above their weight (think Bielsa at Athletic Bilbao), or we'll unfortunately stick with Rafa.

It makes no sense for a manager to manage us when you look at our current situation unless he is motivated by money, or simply has a desire to manage in the Premier League and will take any chance he can get.

Realism people!

I don't see Klopp leaving Dortmund for us. He has great youth coming through; is doing great in the Champions League; is picking up pace again in the Bundesliga after 2 league wins in a row; has arguably the best player in the league in his team (Reus, unless you consider one of the Bayern Munich players to be better than him), speaks the language obviously as he's German, works at a team with an incredible support and loud crowd (face it guys; we're like a library unless it's a big CL night), and the list could go on and on.

Klopp should be staying at Dortmund for quite a long time.

I don't see Guardiola joining us either. Whether we want to consider ourselves as this or not; we are a rival to Barcelona when it comes to Europe and a huge amount of their players, ex-players, fans and staff despise us. Why would Guardiola risk losing hero status in Barcelona just to earn a bit extra cash over here? Our club is against everything he believes in. His philosophy vs. our board's arrogance, ignorance, impatience etc. would be potentially disastrous.

It makes most sense for him to join AC Milan. His reps have already had meetings with AC Milan I believe.

They're now about bringing through their youth, they want to play attractive football, have a glorious history, they have a decent board with great coaches (aside from perhaps the medical staff), and a little 'wonderkid' (to some) in the form of El Shaarawy who could be fun to work with.

I don't see Mourinho joining us, but if I had to pick one of out the 3, I'd say he's most likely.

Mou Mou has allot of pride. There is absolutely no way he'll leave Real Madrid without winning the Champions League. (No he's not going to get sacked. Well I doubt it anyway. It's just paper talk.)

Managing at Real Madrid and failing to win the Champions League would put a huge dent in his legacy and would also be a big black mark against his name when debates of "the greatest manager of all time" are raised in the future.

He doesn't 'love' this club. He loves the players.. most of which no longer even play for us. With Lampard and Terry also on the decline, this is in no way shape or form the Chelsea he managed; Cech & Mikel aside.

His true 'love' in football is clearly Inter Milan. It's so obvious to see that it mentally hurts me when I rack my brain as to how people (Other Chelsea fans) think that Mourinho is in love with this club. Is it just because he lead us to success and was most of our fave manager in history that we overrate how much he actually liked his time here?

I'm positive that if he returns to England, it will indeed be to Manchester with him.

Next season, I doubt we'll have anyone who's considered a 'top manager' right now.

Either we'll get an ex 'top manager' who's out of contract; a highly rated and astute manager who manages a national side or lead a mid-table team to decent success and caused them to punch above their weight (think Bielsa at Athletic Bilbao), or we'll unfortunately stick with Rafa.

It makes no sense for a manager to manage us when you look at our current situation unless he is motivated by money, or simply has a desire to manage in the Premier League and will take any chance he can get.

Realism people!

Klopp: He will come for the money and possibility to buy the best players. People think money doesnt impress, Klopp would be making more in 6 months than he would make in 2 years. Also, he wont be comparing BVB fans with Chelsea`s. German fans have a standing area where they are able to fill the stadium with die hard fans. It is not like we dont have it (believe me, I was in Munich and the fans who werent in the stadium were the loudest), but we bring a small percentage of this crowd to the stadium. SB (and this apply to EPL in general) has too many common business men, families and turists. Klopp can seek a new challenge as well and we could be the better option to achieve it.

Pep: He wants power and budget to build a dream team. With that in mind, he has basically 3 options: PSG, ManCity and Chelsea. The media gets caught up in the ManCity side of the story because they think Abramovich cant give him power. If, and only if, Roman offers completely control and promisses 2 seasons to him, we will have the same chances City has. It will come down to details...

Mourinho: Jose has a big ego, he wants to be treated as the special one not only by the fans, but by the players and the Board. This is clearly the issue with RM. He might have the dream to coach Manure, but he knows it might cause the same problems he has in Madrid. He will want to be treated like SAF and there is a good possibility for it not to happen. However, if he comes to Chelsea, he will be God. Mourinho is very much aware of that, he will want to coach us again. What will be needed is the power (just like Guardiola). Roman has to swallow his pride and let Mourinho do it his way.

Realistic, there is great chance of us getting one of them.

Realism people!

good point on him, I too think Mourinho is more about his ego then his clubs, but how can you be that sure he loves inter so much and doesn't love us? I would like to see some evidence... my opinion is he don't loves one of them...

and I hope you don't mean this

'I thought I had reached the height of emotion with Chelsea's fans, but Inter's supporters are even better,' Mourinho said. 'I'm in love with Inter and these fans, not Italian football - I respect it, but I don't love it.'

because this was straight after he reached the CL-Final with them... he always loved to go that far with his words...

He would have the opportunity here to build something truly special. Guardiola's hero status is cemented there for life. All he has to do is avoid coaching Real Madrid and he'll be fine.

The most glaring point in your post is about the youth. They might have El Shaaraway, but we have Oscar. And Hazard. We also have a youth academy beginning to bear fruits, some of whom play football the right (and by that I mean Barcelona) way. In fact I'd say we have some of the brightest young talents in Europe waiting for someone to take them to the next level.

He would be treated completely differently from the likes of AVB. He would have more control over almost every aspect of the club than any manager has had since maybe Hoddle.

As for Mourinho, I honestly don't know what people see his 3-5 year plan being. I don't know what they've seen in his past that says to them that the team right now is ready for a Mourinho. Their thinking to me seems to be based entirely on 'it was great when Mourinho was our coach in 2005, let's do that again'.

I love the guy but for the life of me I don't see how he is the best choice for our club right now. He's a legend here but that doesn't mean he fits into the club's plans now. Right now the best fit by a country mile is Guardiola and that's based on what the situation that he came into Barcelona was like and what the guy actually wants to do with his footballing career going forward.

Anyone saying managers won't want to come here, i would think it would be the opposite. You come here for a year get a huge payoff and go on your merry way. We won't have any problem attracting managers the problem lies within the fact that i doubt there is a person on earth that can just magically transform us into romans dream as it takes time which he surely must realise. Still its his money and pep is a good manager...

Anyone saying managers won't want to come here, i would think it would be the opposite. You come here for a year get a huge payoff and go on your merry way. We won't have any problem attracting managers the problem lies within the fact that i doubt there is a person on earth that can just magically transform us into romans dream as it takes time which he surely must realise. Still its his money and pep is a good manager...

Agree not within a short amount of time espically.And that will be an issue me thinks,managers realising they're not going to get time to make a differnce here so why bother trying?Somewhere else where they will get more time would be a better option and thats why reckon we will have a problem attracting.Money aside be nice to move somewhere and actually be there for the long run.Have a chance to play your way and make a mark etc rather then just be looking over the shoulder as a bad run starts

Rodgers said when linked in summer that he wouldnt come as he wanted to furthur not damage his career.And thats from someone whose worked within the club.Granted may not be top class or whatever but still a bit hmmmmmmmm sums it up in a way