Chelsea 2-2 Juventus

BlueLion.

Why are people complaining about Ramires at RW? if there's any game to not complain about him there, surely it's this one.

He and Ivanovic did well on Asamoah, he dropped to midfield a couple times and helped win the ball back. Still shit attacking wise, but not a bad game from him

It's no coincidence that Juve were far better when Ramires and Oscar came off.

i would be confident in Ivanovic dealing with it alone. if moses/mata or anyone else was at RW, we'd have been better going forward, and they can also still offer some defensive cover, but i dont think it was needed in that game. look at Ash and Hazard... it was fine, and we were dangerous down that side.

I like Ramires, and this is what annoys me, im sure we all like rami, but we hate that RDM plays him there. stick him next to mikel and we'll be laughing.

• Replies 352
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i would be confident in Ivanovic dealing with it alone. if moses/mata or anyone else was at RW, we'd have been better going forward, and they can also still offer some defensive cover, but i dont think it was needed in that game. look at Ash and Hazard... it was fine, and we were dangerous down that side.

I like Ramires, and this is what annoys me, im sure we all like rami, but we hate that RDM plays him there. stick him next to mikel and we'll be laughing.

I hate when RDM plays him there, but not today, it was acceptable imo. And Ashley Cole is pretty different from Ivanovic, he can stop anyone, Ivanovic can be beaten quite easily.

Some of the comments here are just retarded,

80odd million spent on "passing" "creative" "barca -esch" players and they still cant give torres a ball to save their lives,

Deos no one eles see that Torres has to drop back and get the ball himself or he simply wont get the ball?

Never seen such a bad and confused midfield and tthose saying put sturrige in now instead? good jesus.

Agreed. I have no major problems with the defence, the odd mistake here and there will always happen. But when your midfield gets so so easily bypassed every time you are bound to make more mistakes. The shape in the midfield is all over the place defensively, the gap between the central 2 is far too big and Juve (and other teams) have exploited the space very well. People wonder why our flanks also get exposed aswell. When gaps are created in the middle, naturally your defenders try to close the opposition down, thus leaving big gaps on the wings for them to move into. Juve could've been far more dangerous had they focused down the flanks more after drawing our defence in.

By the way, Vidal was exceptional today. An aggressive ball winner that is mobile enough to get around the pitch whilst being tactically sound is just what we need in the midfield. 9 successful tackles, 3 interceptions, 3 key passes. Impressive stats.

On the same page here... I want Mikel to improve and still believe he can. Lampard shows worrying signs because of his lack of moment, but then again, beginning of the season is specially tough on older players (lack natural fitness). Juve midfield is very strong (physical strength as well).

They are. Terry is no longer good enough, Luiz isn't good enough either, and neither is Ivanovic. Cole and Cahill are our only good defenders imo. And it's not because of one super cup game. Remember Man City? Terry and Luiz got humiliated in that game.

So that's two super cups we lost, thanks to our defence. If we had better defenders, probably we'd have won at least one of the cups.

Let's agree to disagree then. Defense is the responsibility of the entire team, starting with Torres. Also, team mechanics are always a bit off in the beginning of the season.

Robbie didn't identify the main problem which was them having more numbers in midfield where they totally dominated the game in the second half. If he had deployed a formation with sufficient enough central midfielders we would have been able to prevent Vidal and Marchisio finding so much space. Anyway blowing the 2-0 was a pain in arse, we should of had a pen and won at least 3-1.

Right on! That's probably the main reason he plays Ramires on the wing, so he can/should join in the middle. It's not working though. It's a new system with more attacking-minded players. It's gonna take some time. And yes, Juve are a good side.

Concerning the second goal, something was off, perhaps they tried the offside trap? Luiz was playing stopper and chased someone up the field, Terry was marking someone else and then Quagliarella got all alone behind the defense line. I don't blame Mikel for the bad pass though; they had plenty of time to reorganize. Difficult to know who's fault it was since we don't know how RDM organized the defense; who should be covering or following Quagliarella. Were they man marking?

Robbie didn't identify the main problem which was them having more numbers in midfield where they totally dominated the game in the second half. If he had deployed a formation with sufficient enough central midfielders we would have been able to prevent Vidal and Marchisio finding so much space. Anyway blowing the 2-0 was a pain in arse, we should of had a pen and won at least 3-1.

This is exactly it. We were almost always out-numbered in the midfield 5-4 which inevitably meant that someone was unmarked . http://www.uefa.com/newsfiles/ucl/2013/2009489_tl.pdf

Our double pivot actually did quite well to limit Juve's chances despite being outnumbered Our advantage should have been to go wide and we tried it but our team is not really set up for that as Torres isn't a real target man and seems hesitant to get into the spaces he would need to get into to score and Ramires is not good at crossing to say the least. (His 33% passing rate today is just awful).

we might not have had a good midfield but we certainly had oscar he totally outplayed pirlo both offensively and in defense. Intelligent thinking by RDM to wrap pirlo(i did not even notice him) with oscar thats why i still say RDM is a genius as a tactician lets wait, be patient and see how the team will play after he is done with it. He made one of the best midfielders in the world look worst than malouda at age 32

On the same page here... I want Mikel to improve and still believe he can. Lampard shows worrying signs because of his lack of moment, but then again, beginning of the season is specially tough on older players (lack natural fitness). Juve midfield is very strong (physical strength as well).

So, last game Lampard's form was worrying because he joins the attack too often and this game it was because of his lack of movement? Of course, the statistics say otherwise. Lampard ran 10846 metres in the game, that's more than any other Chelsea player. His movement today was excellent. He initiated a number of good attacks, he passed well, he linked up well with Oscar, Hazard, and later Mata,he timed his runs well, he defended well. He did exactly what he was supposed to do. He had a very bad game against QPR but he played very well today (especially considering that Chelsea were outnumbered in the central midfield).

So, last game Lampard's form was worrying because he joins the attack too often and this game it was because of his lack of movement? Of course, the statistics say otherwise. Lampard ran 10846 metres in the game, that's more than any other Chelsea player. His movement today was excellent. He initiated a number of good attacks, he passed well, he linked up well with Oscar, Hazard, and later Mata,he timed his runs well, he defended well. He did exactly what he was supposed to do. He had a very bad game against QPR but he played very well today (especially considering that Chelsea were outnumbered in the central midfield).

Fair enough he ran a lot, but did his runs work? Did his tackles connect or were they a bit late? Was he always in position? He's 34 yo and it is the beginning of the season, so I just think he's not 100% yet. That was my point.

His fitness levels will drop eventually though, but the coaches at chelsea will spot that before we do.

Fair enough he ran a lot, but did his runs work? Did his tackles connect or were they a bit late? Was he always in position? He's 34 yo and it is the beginning of the season, so I just think he's not 100% yet. That was my point.

His fitness levels will drop eventually though, but the coaches at chelsea will spot that before we do.

His runs worked well. He made fewer of them than usual and when he did make them, there was a reason, they opened up the attack and had Ramires spotted him, he would have had a goal on one of them. It may take him a little time to get back to 100%, but I thought he was clearly one Chelsea's best players today (Oscar, Hazard, Cole being the others and Mata for his brief spell as well.) It just bothers me how Lampard has become such a scapegoat that people can't even admit when he plays well. (It takes about 5 good games from Mikel for many people to admit he isn't awful although after his poor pass today, it will probably take another 10 good games.)

Great match, good point =) great gol from Oscar and I really envy you for signing Hazard, he's still a little raw, but in time he'll get a lot better, probably one of the best with Messi and Ronaldo. and the combinations with Mata were brilliant. nice job on Pirlo, too bad he's not very fit, I hope to see him at his best in Turin! Giovinco and Asamoah were really nervous they need to get some international experience, but there's time... for a debut after a few years out of the big stages I must say I'm pretty satisfied! =)

guys if we had to sell him you should sign Vidal, he is the perfect player for your game!

hope to see another good game in Turin!

I'm just confused...

Last 2 years we had some serious problems with creativity. Mata, Oscar, Hazard, Moses and Marin came in. All have great quality.

Now, our defense is beeing a big issue. We need to change formation right away or buy players on DM that fit the role (since we are low on this particular position).

We correct one end and the other start to collapse...

I'm just confused...

Last 2 years we had some serious problems with creativity. Mata, Oscar, Hazard, Moses and Marin came in. All have great quality.

Now, our defense is beeing a big issue. We need to change formation right away or buy players on DM that fit the role (since we are low on this particular position).

Lmao exactly. But it's going to take time for everything to be perfect, but when it eventually is, wow.

I'm just confused...

TBF most of the time it has been the exact same team as last year without didier and with hazard. Our defence wasn't great last year for the most part. It was in champions league but not in the premier league so i see it a bit more of an extension of the problem. Can't wait to see oscar hazard and mata all in the same team... Moses deserves a start as well, torres wasn't as bad as he was against QPR but he still wasn't good enough. Danny can create some stuff for himself and he defiantely deserves to start if he is fit. Not huge problems yet but they could develop into them, so i would like to see some more positive intent vs stoke... And against them lot we should get a shit load of fouls.

I told you all that oscar is good enough to start..... he benches both ganso and lucas moura and is as good as mata and even a better finisher. He should start every game for this peformance, maybe it will knock some sense into poor peformers.

Mikel is just a fish, why did he give a stupid pass like that? :rant:

Hazard played well.

Torres has a terrible ball control and no strength or desire to win balls. I wouldnt mind seeing moses or sturridge in attack because torres loses the ball too much and spoils the link up play. This gives the opposition the ball easily.

Why dimatteo thinks ramires is a right winger is beyond me. He cannot cross or make the right decision at the right time.

Lampard should not play 90mins for us again he should be subbed early.

Terry tried to play offside instead of tracking him. :rant:

At least oscar has proved he is a starter as i commented before :dance:

I thought we played very well. In fact it was our best game for quite some time, including our lucky final games in champions league.

Here are some obvious flaws that need instant corrections:

1) What the hell is Ryan Bertrand's role. He is a good player for the future at left back, nothing more than that.

2) Someone needs to tell RDM that Obi Mikel does not belong in this team. He should be sold.

3) Give Torres maximum 5 more starts, if he does not improve bench him, and let him sulk.

4) Give start to Mosses, he is a great player

5) Give Piazon a chance.

My Ideal Starting 11

PC

IV DL JT AC

RAMIREZ LAMPARD

MOSS MATA HAZARD

STURIDGE