Chelsea 2-2 Juventus

BlueLion.

• Replies 352
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And yes we need to stop with the Ramirez out wide tactic. Think Moses has a good enough work ethic to track back and a lot more going forward. If his pass rate really was 33% then that's appalling. He isn't the best in possession, which is why it's 4-3-3 for me he can't play in the pivot.

His pass accuraccy was 74%, not 33%. Also Ramires played well but it just shows that he isn't natural right winger.

http://www.whoscored.com/Matches/667758/Live/Europe-UEFA-Champions-League-2012-2013-Chelsea-Juventus

Nice link (changed my perception of the game.), interesting to see how well Juventus held thier formation. We really should have exploited those flanks, instead our wide players are far to narrow. Need natural width, I'm looking at Marin and Moses.

And yes we need to stop with the Ramirez out wide tactic. Think Moses has a good enough work ethic to track back and a lot more going forward. If his pass rate really was 33% then that's appalling. He isn't the best in possession, which is why it's 4-3-3 for me he can't play in the pivot.

Really wish I had access to that sort of link in non-UEFA games (if someone knows where, please tell me!). I'm becoming more and more interesting in the coaching aspect of the game (reading SEB's posts are always interesting) which can be like chess matches (and things like shape and balance are incredibly important). About Ramires' pass rate. UEFA had him at 33% but whoscored.com who I generally like better, had him at 74% which was still the second worst on the club.

His pass accuraccy was 74%, not 33%. Also Ramires played well but it just shows that he isn't natural right winger.

http://www.whoscored.com/Matches/667758/Live/Europe-UEFA-Champions-League-2012-2013-Chelsea-Juventus

Nahh I don't think he played well. Even 77% is low for a top flight footballer.

I agree though he is not a winger, if RDM wants to play him then it has to be as part of a three man midfield IMO as a box to box type player with Mikel holding and Lampard playing a little deeper.

"If I want to make up an excuse, I can," Mikel says. "But, for me, I gave the ball away. I put my hands up, we move on. I'm sorry about the mistake, but there are no excuses."

MIkel

At least he is owning up to his mistakes.

Regarding the Match , we started well and when we got to 2-0 it was like we have done enough now shut up shop. its disspoiting because we were so close to the 3 points and if Mata has scored i think we would have won 3-1. Regarding Torres i though he had an OK game and im not the biggest fan , but for gods sake just stay as a forward! you don't need to be in our half.

Really wish I had access to that sort of link in non-UEFA games (if someone knows where, please tell me!). I'm becoming more and more interesting in the coaching aspect of the game (reading SEB's posts are always interesting) which can be like chess matches (and things like shape and balance are incredibly important). About Ramires' pass rate. UEFA had him at 33% but whoscored.com who I generally like better, had him at 74% which was still the second worst on the club.

I'd love to find a site which provides this kind of information, this is the stuff coaches use to choose tactics and personal.

Certainly shows up our lack of width.

"If I want to make up an excuse, I can," Mikel says. "But, for me, I gave the ball away. I put my hands up, we move on. I'm sorry about the mistake, but there are no excuses."

MIkel

Wonder if Terry is gonna apologize as well...

Overall i was happy with the performance, i have no problem if the team have a go and it doesn't quite work out because we are trying to find a new way of playing. What is frustrating is like the QPR game, setting up negatively against a team we should beat comfortbaly. We should be looking to utilise our players to get the best performance rather than looking at the opposition and working out how to stop them playing, doubly so against inferior opposition.

Oscar was great tonight and hopefully will be the start of a great thing for us.

I thought we were the better team. Say what you want about the second half but the first half showed, quality wise we are the better team. Second half was more even then towards the end Juventus dominated the game. We need to be more consistent and try not to fade out of games as a team.

Fun fact --> For the 2nd straight season in the 1st game of the Champions League, Eden Hazard has seen his side threw away a 2-0 lead. Lille drew 2-2 against CSKA Moscow at the Stadium Lille Metropole last season after going 2-0 up inside 60 minutes.

STOP BLAMING LUIZ!!! It was your dear Terry's mistake and not Luiz's that cost us the goal. Luiz did his job pretty well.

Im not bashing luiz, i just dont like his attitude of trying to dribble forward. Because juve didnt capitalize on that just like mikel doesnt mean he should continue that. Im sure you watched last seasons matches with both terry and cahill playing. We were so dominant in defence and now we dont even want to consider it again.

Hello everyone.

I think the draw was the right result.

In my opinion your 2-0 advantage wasn't fully deserved, in that moments the game was quite close, in fact we had the best chances to score with Marchisio and Vucinic.

Plus, both goals was a bit "casual"... first one was clearly deflected and second one, although it was wonderful, is one of those goals that you score once or twice in a year !

After being down 2-0, i think Juventus reacted very well, paradoxically we gain more courage, started to press much more and we scored the 2-1 early afterwards.

This team never never gives up, as i wrote in my first message here, around one month ago...

...the DNA of the old Juve came back, the spirit of never give up came back...

Thanks to this mentality we even managed to equalize the game... and almost to won it, when Quagliarella hit the bar !

A 2-3 win after being down 2-0 versus the reigning champions would have been something to remember, but i think we can be happy with the draw... this one was, on paper, the toughest game of the group for us.

Good luck for the other matches guys, and see you soon in Italy !

Ciao !