Chelsea 2-2 Juventus

BlueLion.

Don't know how anyone can say Juventus were 'shit'. They bossed the second half. A draw is a very, very fair result.

Thats not true. The game was 100% under control, untill Mikel, describe by you as maestro, made a silly mistake.

• Replies 352
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wonder what it would be like to play with a striker and at least 1 capable defensive midfielder :o

i

But no, seriously. Why the fuck is Luiz getting games over Cahill? He thinks he's fucking superman and marauds up the pitch to try and win the game by himself. It pisses me off.

Why hasn't Azpi played yet? WHY THE FUCK CAN'T ROMEU GET A GAME?!

luiz> cahill

you should be questioning terry, not luiz.

anyways we could use a failani in the 2nd heave of the champions league, seriously a partner of oscar/failani could help us instead of the fail pivot lampard/mikel

There's no need to cry about anything, we didn't play badly, how many people actually dreaded us getting thrashed before the game started? A lot.

We did well and could have won the game had it not been for one silly pass. It was also a far better performance than the one at QPR and Oscar showed great signs, signs that should see him start almost every game from now on.

At the end of the day you can point out all the negatives, but there were also positives, and i'm happy with that really.

It was refreshing to see Ramires back in the midfield, he really can be magic sometimes. Oscar's performance marking Pirlo was world class. Other than that, the result and the way it happened had an inevitability about it. The usual defensive mistakes by our central two Lamps-Mikel and the impotence of our build up play let us down in the end.

very disappointed for the first goal...with Vidal off the field .. and a deviation of Bonucci ....

good defense. Nothing to do on the second goal by Oscar .... really a great goal, it reminded me of one of the many goals of Del Piero, who has done it this way. I have some regrets about the first goal .. but it happens ..

As I mentioned earlier ... We play without strikers and Giovinco is ZERO ..

Too bad for the crossbar of Quagliarella. Anyway .... good draw for us. Many players and first-time champions fared quite well

It is to fix the attack. If Conte makes up her mind to hunt out Giovinco is perhaps even better. We play in 10 players like last game vs Genoa.

Another thing we need to sort, is that someone needs to sit Luiz down and tell him that he's a defender. Today, Cole, Terry, and Ivanovic attempted a total of 12 long passes. Luiz attempted 17, most on the team. I'm sick of seeing Luiz bomb long passes towards Ramires or Torres and sick of seeing him run up the right side. It didn't cost us today, but it's extremely dangerous. We had some beautiful build-up play today and need to work on that. Luiz is great when he stays back and plays a simple game and terrible when he doesn't. RDM's biggest task might be figuring out how to use Mata. Hazard, and Oscar. All three really want to play the same position and play playmaker which is of course, not possible. Not sure why people are getting on Lampard (well, I know why they are but it's absurd). He played quite well today moving the ball quickly and opening up play. In fact, the double pivot worked well today except for Mikel making 3 or 4 terrible passes one of which cost us a goal.

I thought that defensevly our midfeild was very good, it was just the turnovers. Especially with Mikel (who was very good in defense) and his poor passing. I thougt that the domination in the first 60-70 mintues should have won us the game, but our big problem was is the central defense. Terry and Luiz were good separately, but something doesnt work right there. Our central defense gets broken SO easily and it will cost us. Juventus arent a very good attacking side but they had the players to get those through balls and they did it very well- like 3-4 times in the game. Disappointing result, but not the end of the world, we surly can get a win in Italy, and i think they will struggle more that us against Shakhtar.

Fuck you. Its a shame wishing this even for an opposite player, let alone your own..

Screw you. Its a neccessary evil, so to speak. Its the only way Danny will get the chances he deserve and the only way we wont slowly dig our own grave by putting all faith on our non-strikers to score.

I wish the best for Torres this season, as next season i am sure he will not be a chelsea player. He does not fit in to our style, and doesnt do the hardwork off the ball. On the ball he does some good things, but we need a hard worker.

Mikel and Lampard both were not at all good today, and it was basically oscar who was making things happen upfront.

Terry, while he has his superhero moments a few times every game, is becoming error prone, and ivanovic is not a good RB. Our defence really needs fixing,

Facts:

*We played 4 3 2 1 in the first half with Ramires playing alongside Mikel and Lampard. result: outplayed Juve midfield.

*Switched to 4 2 3 1 in the second half. result: Juve midfield took over.

*Bertrand in for Ramires was quite ODD.

*Time to play Oscar.

Screw you. Its a neccessary evil, so to speak. Its the only way Danny will get the chances he deserve and the only way we wont slowly dig our own grave by putting all faith on our non-strikers to score.

Mind you, Sturridge has got a hamstring injury. Unsure about the severity but he could be out for weeks!

Fair result but very disappointed in the way we defended, we were cut open so often it was like going back to the AVB days. Mikel was awful again, he's just not dominating at all or committed enough, he's still that same slow lazy cunt of 3 years ago, he gives the ball away horribly then just stands there like a fucking statue with no effort no help get the ball back at all.

Was looking all nice and rosey at 2-0 up but to throw away a 2-0 lead in a home UCL game is pretty annoying. This is the kind of group that 10 points wont be enough because that Danish side will likely lose all their games so we'll need to get some good hard fought results along the line. It could be a good game though as Juve have a good team, very strong and settled and we're still sort of getting used to a new Chelsea in a way so we'll get confidence that we're disappointed not to beat a team like Juve. Very disappointed though. Pissed off that we threw away a 2-0 lead and pissed off that they looked stronger than us all over the pitch.

Sign Vidal up and get rid of Mikel, he's been here long enough to know that you can't just give away stupid passes and not even try and help get the ball back, he lost the bakll and just fucking stood there!! Him and Luiz are making us into a worse team than what we are... oh and Ramires too was inept out there, no wonder Torres doesn't get a sniff.

Moses and Cahill need to be in this team.

I hope that RDM now sees its good to give new players more playing time. Moses was good against QPR. He nearly got an assist. Two goals by Oscar and an great performance. I hope Azpilicueta gets a game now instead of Ivanovich and Romeu gets a game instead of mikel/lampard