Chelsea 2-2 Juventus

BlueLion.

• Replies 352
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A draw that satisfied me.

Chelsea players amazed me, Oscar, Hazard 'n Mata are execeptional chiampions, Ivanovic and Cole wins against Asamoah and Lich...thats the origin of our big trouble in the first time.

Oscar made Pirlo starve 90% of the match (i typed yesterday thar i was worried from the man...he really need a stop, seems very tired)

Marchisio and Vidal saved the day, we are a diffuclt team to defeat, but yesterday we come very close to it

Chelsea will make more points againg shakstar and njordafellas, im pretty sure of it, but i will bet on juve winning the return in Turin. See ya that day.

Fair result and a good performance. It does feel like 2 points dropped although tbh we were a bit lucky to find ourselves 2-0 up after a deflection and a wonder goal (take a bow Oscar). But I thought overall Juve were the better side.

The positive from the game was definitely our style of play.

We'll get better and better hopefully but the signs so far are good. We need to be able to close out games much better though while finding the right balance.

looking at the the recent games, RDM is blowing it. Why have we been so unlucky when it comes to managers :ph34r:

A few points I have to make.

If Oscar hasn't given himself a reason to start I don't know what else will make RDM see that he should. First goal took a favorable touch but the second goal was, mwah! beautiful, goal of beauty, rounded pirlo and gave buffon 0 chance. He also did a lovely job of keeping pirlo quiet, the minute he came off pirlo had more breathing room. I would have given him a solid A or A+

Ramires is no winger, while his turn of pace was good for some instances in the match once he gets into that final third he does not deliver, he does not cross overly well and his shot leaves something to be desired. Is this not why we got Moses, I just do not understand di matteo's insistence on either using Ramires on the wing or Bertrand. I just don't know what Robby sees in Bertrand, when he came on, chelsea lost control of the match.

Cahill needs to start more often. I feel much much more confident about our defense when Cahill and Terry start. Cahill does not seem to have those lapses in concentration that Luiz has and he always seems to be keen not to let one in. At times in the match Luiz was either going after balls he had no chance of winning or just switched off. I really wish Cahill would play alongside Terry more often. They were outstanding last season playing together.

Also, why in Heaven's name did we get Cesar if we are not going to use him? If Azpilicueta was played that would allow Ivanovic to play his natural role as a CB. Ivanovic rarely goes foward to help attack and made hazard look bad on the right.

After selling both essien and meriles, i have no answer to how we resolve the double pivot unless we change to 4-3-3.

Sigh, hope RDM makes some changes and at least starts Oscar and or Moses alongside Mata and Hazard. Hopefully we can return to winning ways against Stoke.

STOP BLAMING LUIZ!!! It was your dear Terry's mistake and not Luiz's that cost us the goal. Luiz did his job pretty well.

Don't know how anyone can say Juventus were 'shit'. They bossed the second half. A draw is a very, very fair result.

That is simply not true. We were all over Juve in 2nd half. Two individual mistakes costed us 3 points (Lampard, Terry). We were far better opponent than they were.

That is simply not true. We were all over Juve in 2nd half. Two individual mistakes costed us 3 points (Lampard, Terry). We were far better opponent than they were.

We were all over Juventus in the second half? What game were you watching? Second was even if not they were better. If anything we had the better of them in the first half particularly. We pressed them high up the pitch and they couldn't handled it. They ended up misplacing loads of passes. We had a number of good counter attacking chances as a result of that but failed to really make it count and we paid the price for it. The problems came when we started to sit back and allowed to control the game in the second half. And oh, it was Terry and Mikel's mistake for their second goal, not Terry and Lampard.

Despite the usual hate from some i actually think Torres was okay (held the ball up, linked with midfield, jut needs to stay more central).

Hazard wasn't great, Chiellini had him in his back pocket all night, but fair play his head never dropped and kept trying. Fair play to him.

Oscar, finally!!! What a goal, that's the best one I've seen at the Bridge in years. Literally no words to describe it for me.

I'm glad RDM mixed it up, shows he isn't a stubborn shit like AVB. Great managers generally mix up tactics to suit the occasion and he did that tonight. Let's not forget these guys have not lost in Italy in 42 games. They are a very good team.

Mikel was pants (but hey I'm one of the not impressed) and Lampard was average (needs to concentrate on his positioning).

All in all I'm happy with that, the late goal was upsetting but our response was to pin them back and look for a win. Been a while since we have done that against a good team, looks encouraging.

This is exactly it. We were almost always out-numbered in the midfield 5-4 which inevitably meant that someone was unmarked . http://www.uefa.com/newsfiles/ucl/2013/2009489_tl.pdf

Our double pivot actually did quite well to limit Juve's chances despite being outnumbered Our advantage should have been to go wide and we tried it but our team is not really set up for that as Torres isn't a real target man and seems hesitant to get into the spaces he would need to get into to score and Ramires is not good at crossing to say the least. (His 33% passing rate today is just awful).

Nice link (changed my perception of the game.), interesting to see how well Juventus held thier formation. We really should have exploited those flanks, instead our wide players are far to narrow. Need natural width, I'm looking at Marin and Moses.

And yes we need to stop with the Ramirez out wide tactic. Think Moses has a good enough work ethic to track back and a lot more going forward. If his pass rate really was 33% then that's appalling. He isn't the best in possession, which is why it's 4-3-3 for me he can't play in the pivot.

We were all over Juventus in the second half? What game were you watching? Second was even if not they were better. If anything we had the better of them in the first half particularly. We pressed them high up the pitch and they couldn't handled it. They ended up misplacing loads of passes. We had a number of good counter attacking chances as a result of that but failed to really make it count and we paid the price for it. The problems came when we started to sit back and allowed to control the game in the second half. And oh, it was Terry and Mikel's mistake for their second goal, not Terry and Lampard.

It's just how I see it. We had more ball in our legs in 2nd half, they had 3 shoots on target (2 goals). Just to say to you, they were better only 10 minutes of the 2nd half when they scored and that is expected because goal shocked us. Nobody was expecting it, because we were in control.

I meant for both goals, first one was Lampard error (He didn't close down Vidal) and second was from Terry. Yeah Mikel lost the ball, but Terry tried to do an offside trap and it didn't work.

Are you shitting me? What game were you watching?!?

We were brilliant last night and conceded two very very stupid goals. It just how I look at the game.

RDM was again smart and waiting for counters (opposite of Atletico Madrid game) and that is just how we must play in order to win difficult games.