Chelsea 2-2 Juventus

BlueLion.

• Replies 352
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cahill is our best CB, but RDM still prefers JT and Luiz to him.

Disagree completely. Player market value sometimes speak the truth.

The best defenders are Luiz (Brazil starter) and Terry (England starter). Besides, you've got take characteristics into account: Terry is slow, but great in the air and cover (composure) while Luiz is very pacey and skillful. There is a reason Cahill doesn't do forward runs like Luiz and it's not because he doesn't want to. The point being Cahill is a fine defender, but more like Terry than Luiz. So, I don't think Terry + Cahill is actually that great of a pair, especially if Chelsea want to play higher defense line and keep possession (which appears to be the case).

Now, with all said and done, I cannot understand how people can question chelsea's back line, especially when attackers come pushing through the middle. The defense is fine as they were (all three) in CL last season. What needs adjusting still is the midfield--it's all in the midfield always unless your defense is allowing free headers etc. BTW, when you play more attacking minded players, your defense will naturally be more exposed (by math alone). Ins't it what chelsea fans wanted anyway?

It was a tough game even at home.

Oscar looked brilliant. and he did well keeping pirlo out the game. really hope we see him starting a few more games now. stick mata on the right and Hazard on the left (if we have to paly the horrible 4-2-3-1).

Ramires RW again...

Mikel.... hes a tough one. i see mikel as someone i perosnally under rate. yes he made a mistake today, but otherwise hes pretty solid. ya there are better players than him, but at this club, i think hes best at that position.

Lampard... again, looked the same as the past few games... need to slap rami/oriol there. or essien. i personally love essien there, great defensive mind.

Im not upset with a point, its ok. but we could and should have taken all 3. but id now say a draw is minimal on the away game to them. i would like to see Cahill play a few more games. for either terry or luiz.

Torres: i dont know what to say. i like him. i think his movement is good (lost a lot of pace recently) hes heavily marked out, and rarely gets the support. the counter attack doesnt work for him. and i feel his frustration. i honestly think any striker would struggle in that position at this club at the moment. I also think clubs no that torres gets easily frustrated so they mark him out. Using sturridge i think defenders will not see him as big a threat, and along with his energy and pace, would cause some immense problems for the opposition.

this counter attack football is rubbish and i hate it. RDM needs to grow some balls and show a bit of faith in the team. his mentality is like what youd see from a newly promoted team. its too defensive! I can understand, it worked at the end of last season in the champions league, but we reliedo na lot of luck as well. Bertrand coming on for rami as well. wtf! our options in attack are insane and dangerous, he needs to use them!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Disagree completely. Player market value sometimes speak the truth.

The best defenders are Luiz (Brazil starter) and Terry (England starter). Besides, you've got take characteristics into account: Terry is slow, but great in the air and cover (composure) while Luiz is very pacey and skillful. There is a reason Cahill doesn't do forward runs like Luiz and it's not because he doesn't want to. The point being Cahill is a fine defender, but more like Terry than Luiz. So, I don't think Terry + Cahill is actually that great of a pair, especially if Chelsea want to play higher defense line and keep possession (which appears to be the case).

Now, with all said and done, I cannot understand how people can question chelsea's back line, especially when attackers come pushing through the middle. The defense is fine as they were (all three) in CL last season. What needs adjusting still is the midfield--it's all in the midfield always unless your defense is allowing free headers etc. BTW, when you play more attacking minded players, your defense will naturally be more exposed (by math alone). Ins't it what chelsea fans wanted anyway?

It was a tough game even at home.

:doh:

Luiz is a liability. Plays well in a game or two, then plays shit in 5 others. He was fully responsible for all four goals in the Super Cup game, and I'll never forgive him for that. I don't care if he's funny, or if he has curly hair, or if he's skillful. As a defender he's not good enough.

And neither is Terry, not anymore. He was one of the best CB's in the world, and still is a great leader for the club, but as a defender Cahill is better than him. My opinion anyway.

Lots of people criticising Torres, when he gets the ball there are 3-4 players around him. He's our only striker which puts too much pressure on him, so I think it's unfair to blame him.

hey, many teams play with only one striker, It's torres job to make himself available. He simply becomes invisible in lenghty periods of the match

The result is fair, but at that point of the game, up 2-0, if you're a great team, you simply have to win the game, there are no excuses.

I definitely didn't like RDM tonight. And it's not the first time...

I didn't like JT, Mikel and Torres, either.

Oscar :wub: ... I KNEW he was going to score! I f***ing knew it!!!

:doh:

Luiz is a liability. Plays well in a game or two, then plays shit in 5 others. He was fully responsible for all four goals in the Super Cup game, and I'll never forgive him for that. I don't care if he's funny, or if he has curly hair, or if he's skillful. As a defender he's not good enough.

And neither is Terry, not anymore. He was one of the best CB's in the world, and still is a great leader for the club, but as a defender Cahill is bette than him. My opinion anyway.

Yeah Chelsea defenders are really awful! Only Cahill is a genius who sits on the bench because every chelsea manager thinks Terry and Luiz are better... :rolleyes:

So, these guys won the CL last season, but you no longer think they are good because super-f*-cup game? :blink:

I still dont know y rdm thinks playing ramires on the right is d best option :wank2: . imo we lost todays game 0-2, but with a point. Reasons

1. both of our goals were as result of individual brilliance from oscar :wub: so on another day we wont have any goals :ph34r:

2. Drogba spoilt us so now we play without a striker or at least not one the midfielders or coach recognize by playing ramires behind him inspite of moses or oscar, or by choosing not to feed the striker when it will result in an easy tap in.

On other points:

3. I think Mikel was our second best player in the first half and ramires gave the ball away 100 times more than mikel all over d pitch so no scape goating mikel

4. john terry was at fault 4 d second goal but otherwise had a good game

5.RDM is a genius B) cause chelsea are actually improving as an attacking team :D inspite of individual errors, we are coping well with life after drogba because this was a big game :dance:

6. Lampard owns chelsea or so it seems :fainthv9:

7. And lastly torres is okay as long as we play hazard mata oscar/moses behind him because that will b playing to his strength by providing him service

Agreed. I have no major problems with the defence, the odd mistake here and there will always happen. But when your midfield gets so so easily bypassed every time you are bound to make more mistakes. The shape in the midfield is all over the place defensively, the gap between the central 2 is far too big and Juve (and other teams) have exploited the space very well. People wonder why our flanks also get exposed aswell. When gaps are created in the middle, naturally your defenders try to close the opposition down, thus leaving big gaps on the wings for them to move into. Juve could've been far more dangerous had they focused down the flanks more after drawing our defence in.

By the way, Vidal was exceptional today. An aggressive ball winner that is mobile enough to get around the pitch whilst being tactically sound is just what we need in the midfield. 9 successful tackles, 3 interceptions, 3 key passes. Impressive stats.

another thing. how exciting is hazard and mata combination?

ill be honest, i thought it was going to be a drogba torres situation with those two. im so happy! when they are both on the pitch, our attacking looks a lot more pormising with good build up. and they would do so much better as well if they didnt have to rely on this awful defensive mentallity of RDM.

RMD must change his mentality and use more of our wide range of attacking players. we can be so much better. our defence isnt as bad as people say, its jst a bit inconsistent. plus if RDM was more attacking ,we wouldnt have to worry about letting in a couple of goals because we'd have scored 5 or 6 :P

Yeah Chelsea defenders are really awful! Only Cahill is a genius who sits on the bench because every chelsea manager thinks Terry and Luiz are better... :rolleyes:

So, these guys won the CL last season, but you no longer think they are good because super-f*-cup game? :blink:

They are. Terry is no longer good enough, Luiz isn't good enough either, and neither is Ivanovic. Cole and Cahill are our only good defenders imo. And it's not because of one super cup game. Remember Man City? Terry and Luiz got humiliated in that game.

So that's two super cups we lost, thanks to our defence. If we had better defenders, probably we'd have won at least one of the cups.

Why are people complaining about Ramires at RW? if there's any game to not complain about him there, surely it's this one.

He and Ivanovic did well on Asamoah, he dropped to midfield a couple times and helped win the ball back. Still shit attacking wise, but not a bad game from him

It's no coincidence that Juve were far better when Ramires and Oscar came off.

Robbie didn't identify the main problem which was them having more numbers in midfield where they totally dominated the game in the second half. If he had deployed a formation with sufficient enough central midfielders we would have been able to prevent Vidal and Marchisio finding so much space. Anyway blowing the 2-0 was a pain in arse, we should of had a pen and won at least 3-1.