IS RDM the man to take CFC Forward?

Muzchap

RDM  

173 members have voted

1. 1. IS RDM the man to take CFC Forward?

At first i dismissed this, but since that day, he's left Lampard on the bench twice, played Ramires in the double pivot 3 times and started with Mata, Oscar and Hazard twice.

Surely that visit from Roman played a part in this.

The owner must have told him I gave you a Ferrari and you are riding in a Fiat.

• Replies 531
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The results were good, the football not that good.

I think the only time we played "good football" was when we won the double with Carlo...

As Amels said it's about the result not the football, as proven by our beloved Chelsea.

btw Barca is losing 2-0 as we speak (just thought i'd mention it).

For me RDM is not the manager to take us forward.One thing I have to say in his defense is he is incredibly lucky manager, we have tons of luck since he was appointed.However I don't see any improvement in the way we are playing, we still play dire and players are not gelled at all, at times our attack was hilarious.Yes we scored 2 but actually never looked like scoring from open play.Iam wondering WTF is wrong here, we pay the biggest wages in the prem, buy some redicilously gifted ball players and still play shit ?WTF is going on here ? Look at Arsenal they pay like 1/3 of what we do and still play alot better in posession and as a team when attacking.

For me RDM is not the manager to take us forward.One thing I have to say in his defense is he is incredibly lucky manager, we have tons of luck since he was appointed.However I don't see any improvement in the way we are playing, we still play dire and players are not gelled at all, at times our attack was hilarious.Yes we scored 2 but actually never looked like scoring from open play.Iam wondering WTF is wrong here, we pay the biggest wages in the prem, buy some redicilously gifted ball players and still play shit ?WTF is going on here ? Look at Arsenal they pay like 1/3 of what we do and still play alot better in posession and as a team when attacking.

1. Five new signings in the Summer Window and four major departures and you expect the entire team to have gelled after about ten games?

2. Manchester City have a larger wage bill than Chelsea.

3. The team still plays shit? Oh, I'm sorry if being undefeated and top of the table is not good enough. Besides, you seem to expect a total revolution in a few months.

4. Arsenal and Wenger have had 16 full years to establish a philosophy and RDM has had six months. That is why the play 'better' than Chelsea (yet they are seven points in behind Chelsea).

HE IS DEFINITELY THE MAN. he started the season with the same team that he had ended the last season with, lamps in the pivot n rambo on the wing. how could you expect any1 to simply bench lamps n play oscar instead of him. he had to start strongly n safely and that is what he had done. now that every1 saw that the lamps-mikel pivot is not as effective, he is doin the right thing.

RDM is a cunning man and definitely has it in him to take us "forward"

I would take a lucky manager ahead of a good manager any day of a week.

Srsly do u see any glimpses of our players gelling ? Do you see any worked combinations, do we have a plan how to attack?Yesterday I saw Mata+Hazard+Oscar+Torres attacking and they looked like they've just met eachother for the first time.We've got the results so far but if we don't improve, it surely won't last long.

Hmm I started the thread because I was pissed off that we had a bench of players that could do a better job than the personnel on the pitch.

RDM has made the changes, but it will take time...

At least it looks like the whole squad has bought into his philosophy though - which is great!

I'm still not sure he's the correct long-term choice, but if he keeps doing what he's doing, I will have no complaints.

My main wish is stability, too many managers in the past 4 yrs - need someone there for 3-4 years, bringing in good players and working with the youth...

Well we started amazing to the league in Carlo's last year too but look how that turned out. Our team isn't quite there yet. Still alot of work to do on the training ground and train for every new challenge and opponent we face every week. You need to do this to win the league, but I really like the progress so far. If we can keep this up we can be an exciting team come near the end of the season.

I think the only time we played "good football" was when we won the double with Carlo...

As Amels said it's about the result not the football, as proven by our beloved Chelsea.

btw Barca is losing 2-0 as we speak (just thought i'd mention it).

When I say "good fooball", I'm not talking about playing beatiful game or attacking football. I'm talking about winning the matches with no or few mistakes. Talking about creating chances, about dominanting the game. You can do that playing defensife or offensive football.

We played very good under Mourinho, Hiddink, Grant and Ancelotti first season.

btw, Barcelona end up winning the match. 3-2.

The way Robbie managed the team on Saturday was exceptional. This performance gave me more confidence that he can be a very successful Chelsea manager for a long time. He played the perfect team against Arsenal. He moved Rami to where he should be and dropped Lampard in a big game knowing that we may have been over run by their midfield. The players were great but Di Matteo deserves all the credit. He suffered as a player against them for us except that stunning goal he got against us in that League Cup sem but now he's won there with us as a manager and he won with WBA as a manager too.

The guy knows what he's doing.

My main wish is stability, too many managers in the past 4 yrs - need someone there for 3-4 years, bringing in good players and working with the youth...

Is stability solely based on the manager tho?

We have had a stable owner for years while United, Arsenal and Liverpool have been having numerous problems in that department. Since John Terry has been Chelsea captain Arsenal and United have been throwing their captains armband around like confetti. We had a world class spine between 2004-2010 that no other club with the possible exception of United could match.

Stability depends on numerous thing's, with ofcourse the manager being one of them, but if we had one manager for 10 years but at the same time our captain and owner was changing every summer and there were numerous power struggles going on with the board of directors, would that be classed as stability?

The constant change of managers have been irritating, but with JT as captain and Roman as owner we have had more than enough stability to get us through the constant manager changes these last 9 years.

It is going to take time for this team to play sexy. Barcelona have been playing that way for years and in developing that philosophy have been shit for more than a decade. These guys have only been together for few months.

If this team can win the title then in future sky is the limit. As this bunch of players will be hard to stop. They are in the same age group when you think of Luiz, Mata, Oscar, Marin, Moses, Hazard. They will destroy teams in Europe with their sexy passing football. Right now it looks like its work in progress.

I really hope RDM wins the Capital One Cup with this bunch. Gary Neville hit the nail when he said that when Mourinho came in he had a bunch of players who were new to each other and in order to develop that togetherness/bond, he targetted winning the Carling Cup.

Defensively I have no worries about us as we showed that we are a ROCK at the back and carrying on from where we left. It is the attack that slightly concerns me but as I said, Work in progress and it will only get better.