IS RDM the man to take CFC Forward?

Muzchap

RDM  

173 members have voted

1. 1. IS RDM the man to take CFC Forward?

I do not know where to start... Ah yes : Fuck you the board, fuck you Roman, fuck you Gourlay, fuck you to whoever took responsability in the sacking of Roberto Di Matteo.

I'll be honest. This summer, I wanted us to hire Pep Guardiola, because not only I believe he's one of the finest manager out there, but also because I had doubts about whether Roberto could lead us to the world-class level or not. Even if he cleared some of my doubts till know, I was still keen to hire Pep next summer.

But seriously, sacking him while not even being mid-term of the season, really ? That was never an option for me. Yeah, if we where in a real mess, yeah it could have been the right solution. But we currently ain't in a mess. The start of the season has fooled us. At the moment, we cannot compete with both Manchester clubs, we cannot compete with the top european flight. We don't have a big enough squad, a good enough squad and we have to many young players. So, at some extent, we are where we belong to. Yes, the way it gone hurts, but still.

So now you tell me Roberto gets sacked because he cannot make us better than what we actually are ? Yes, I also blame him for our bad patch, because he hasn't done enough about the game tactics. But hey yo ! Because of who we didn't buy a striker in the summer ? Who wanted to persist with the biggest flop in football history ? Who decided to let go Malouda (he's still there, but not really, you know), Essien, Hipster Meireles, without replace them (I do not even talk in number, but in experience) ? Who decided to only buy young and unexperienced players ? Who's in fault because we cannot rotate proprely players (and because of this, our starting eleven is burn out) ? That the board, the board and the board.

Roberto, this season, had two good months with us, and one bad. He gets sacked for this ? Yes it is an ambaresment to be the first UCL winner to not going further than christmas in UCL. But I tell you Mr Abramovitch and co, who had the marvelous idea to have a big joke as our striker ? Roberto won the CL as our coach. He definitely should had have the full year.

And honestly, to hire a new manager to sack him in the summer (because yes, he will be sacked for Pep) is a good idea ? No, it's obviously not. The new manager will have to assess his team during the period the most difficult of the season (because we have a lot of games). We will look like beheaded chickens ; we will lose a lot of games. That's a really bad idea, it really wasn't the right time to sack him...

And believe me, sometimes I just hate Chelsea. And today I hate this club deep inside my heart. It's just a joke. Roberto didn't manage to stay more than 4 months here (as manager, not care-taker). I don't even know if it's worth it to hire Guardiola. It will cost us a lot of money, we will fire him quickly and we will ternish his reputation. It does not worth it.

I tell you, if our next manager is some suckers as this fat ugly spanish, I'll stop to watch Chelsea as long as he's at the club.

P.S. Sorry if I do not make any sense, but right now I am pretty fed up with this, hence I lose my french and english as well...

• Replies 531
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You just simply dont forget that Robbie gave us first CL victory. I will respect him most of all the coaches. Why? The results are one thing, but Di Matteo is Chelsea legend, was classy on and off the pitch, motivated our team, loved our club.

Thank you Robbie and good luck wherever you go. It was great to watch you, even for such short time. Despite some mistakes (even Saf wasnt best from beggining), he should stay here for couple of years. Legend!

So is Arsenal/Wenger. So what's your point?

A very obvious point, and why my first post alluded to Arsenal's 7 year wait for a trophy. There will NEVER be another Ferguson, he is a one off, the greatest manager of all time. 'An anomaly in the game', hence why it's laughable you think we should try and replicate that.

Roman has adopted the Real Madrid philosophy at Chelsea.

Mods please lock this thread now....

There's no point in it being open...

I had a feeling this would happen and it has - but I don't want to keep seeing this thread :(

I honestly thought RDM would get a little more time, but there you go - that's life....

If you dont want to vote - don't vote...

Also - don't complain - just move on to a topic you WANT to read.

RDM is going to cost us in key matches with a 'negative' outlook.

As for the 'wait for the CL' - really? Likely we'll see a repeat of the Atletico Match.

We need to get our team moving forward in a fluid manner, we're just not getting that... AND for those telling me RDM is a defensive manager, why did we invest so heavily in attacking players.

I've always believed RDM was keeping the seat warm for Pep G. - I'm just not sure he's going to make it past Xmas - Unless, he really starts trying to get the team balance correct and to stop playing players that don't deserve to be playing...

It's not knee-jerk - I'm just sick of watching garbage, unattractive football against MEDIOCRE opponents...

Hmm summed it up pretty well at the start of this thread...

There will NEVER be another Ferguson, he is a one off, the greatest manager of all time. 'An anomaly in the game', hence why it's laughable you think we should try and replicate that.

Ferguson is the best football administrator I have ever seen in my life. He knows how to deal with his players and their ego, he has an one of a kind eye to spot bargain talents, knows what has to be done, knows how many points they must get and where to get it and is very good at predicting things. This gives him a fucking lot of stability and security to the board.

He does not knwo how to coach though. His training staff is one of the best, he does not even give training. In the few times needed to change his common system to perform against unexpected situations he has failed. This proves his very bad performance under UCL. His 2 lineups aginst Barcelona (2009/2011) are just a tactical horror show. He is not extremely bad at substitutions but he is not expectacular as well.

Mourinho and Pep are far better coaches than him, but they lack all other atributes he brings to the club.

EDIT: Why it has not been closed yet?

A very obvious point, and why my first post alluded to Arsenal's 7 year wait for a trophy. There will NEVER be another Ferguson, he is a one off, the greatest manager of all time. 'An anomaly in the game', hence why it's laughable you think we should try and replicate that.

Roman has adopted the Real Madrid philosophy at Chelsea.

It was meant to be a rhetorical question.

Anyway, tt's even more laughable to compare us to Arsenal.

Btw Ferguson isn't a physical law or whatsoever, so saying there will never be a coach as loyal and yet successful is redundant.