IS RDM the man to take CFC Forward?

Muzchap

RDM  

173 members have voted

1. 1. IS RDM the man to take CFC Forward?

I don't see why he can't be. Would just like to see him try a few things out more often. We are obviously a team trying a find a new identity, and that is fine. But try a few things not just continue trying the same thing over and over and hoping it works eventually.

What frustrates me the most is that every other big club would sign attacking talent and try and find a way to use them as a major attacking force, we sign them and try and find a way to be defensive and still use them.

• Replies 531
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You know it feels like he's a little negative sometimes when he's picking the side. Ramires and Bertrand is a very defensive mind set when you play them out wide. You're basically telling the opposition that ''We're going to stop your wingers from affecting the game'' this is the wrong thing to do especially against a side like QPR. A bold line up would be with Sturridge and Moses out wide, we'd score a lot more goals and we would be a much bigger threat going forward with those 2. Moses is a good crosser and he's strong/quick and Sturridge is a finisher and he can also beat a man.

Didn't see the 'whole' game so I can't make a 100% statement - but again, seems like negativity killed us, along with some silly mistakes.

The problem I have with OVER-defensive teams, is that tiredness leads to mistakes - we have LOTS of attacking subs...

fine, 2-1 up, bring on some attacking subs and make THE OPPOSITION defend, don't let them have the ball, they cannot score.

Again, we're just so 1 dimensional - really drives me mad... :(

More questions than answers at this stage, if anything.

I actually thought he started with a great setup yesterday, putting someone on Pirlo was exactly what was needed and it's no coincidence we hardly saw anything substantial from the great man. Having said that, the alarm bells should have rung when Marchisio beat the offside trap only to fluff his one on one. There was no pressure on their backline and they had all day to play those passes. Taking Ramires of (who was having a decent game, even on the wing) to bring on Bertrand is something I cannot get my head around. Not only did it take away our 'out-ball' on the right, it exposed Ivanovic to even more of a threat with Hazard the one ahead of him now; the Belgian himself was then marked out of the game by Chiellini and couldn't make his talent count when we were chasing a winner. A 3rd sub never arrived and the point was driven home when the away side brought on a striker in the last few minutes to nick a winner while we continued with what we had, huffing and puffing with meaningless long balls the Italians would swat away in their sleep.

There's still no clear identity to our style of play, nothing to suggest how he's going to use all those ball players effectively while maintaining a balance between the two facets of the game. Indeed at the moment it looks like little has changed from last season and the only difference is we're seeing better players than Kalou and Malouda trying to play the old way. Perhaps what is most worrying though is the (lack of) cohesion at the back, among players who've played with each other for years now. Terry didn't know when to step up, Ivanovic didn't know who to mark, etc.

I will never blame Robbie for the backs-to-the-wall mentality we showed last season; and my understanding of his methods is not borne out of the subsequent and ultimate success of those methods, more out of the realization that he had no choice but to go about it that way with the squad at our disposal at that time.Circumstances are vastly different now, though. 3 times out of 3 that we've faced a good side this season without winning, sort it out.

To be honest I had serious doubts when Newton gave that interview and basically confirmed that every thing that is annoying about RDM's tactics (Ramires at RW, no use of Romeu (he actually argues that they may use David Luiz in DM) no dropping of Lampard or Ivanovic) will pretty much be dogmatic and will hardly be changed.Its the sign of a stubborn mule more then Carlo or AVB combined.

To be honest I had serious doubts when Newton gave that interview and basically confirmed that every thing that is annoying about RDM's tactics (Ramires at RW, no use of Romeu (he actually argues that they may use David Luiz in DM) no dropping of Lampard or Ivanovic) will pretty much be dogmatic and will hardly be changed.Its the sign of a stubborn mule more then Carlo or AVB combined.

That's my problem - it doesn't hurt to try something different, if what you are trying isn't working... It's like banging your head against a brick wall - at a certain point, it's best to go and look for a sledgehammer or wrecking ball...

Just hope he can experiment in up-coming games...

Tell me about this David Luiz thing. what was said?

Tell me about this David Luiz thing. what was said?

He said that playing DL in the midfield was not something only the fans wanted but he and Robbie have considered it as well. He said with injuries, suspension, rotation, we could see Luiz playing in the midfield this year. Maybe that's part of the reason why we let Raul and Michael go?

EXCLUSIVE: Roman inquest! Abramovich grills Chelsea players over Euro collapse

Roman Abramovich demanded answers from players and coaching staff at Chelsea’s training ground on Thursday after they blew a two-goal lead against Juventus.

Abramovich, who watched the Champions League clash with the Serie A winners from his box at Stamford Bridge, arrived unannounced at Cobham in the morning.

He spoke with players, coaches and manager Roberto Di Matteo on the training field to ask why the European champions could not hold on to a lead against the Italians on Wednesday after Oscar had scored twice in the first half.

http://www.dailymail...s-collapse.html

Roman Abramovich demanded answers from players and coaching staff at Chelsea’s training ground on Thursday after they blew a two-goal lead against Juventus.

Abramovich, who watched the Champions League clash with the Serie A winners from his box at Stamford Bridge, arrived unannounced at Cobham in the morning.

He spoke with players, coaches and manager Roberto Di Matteo on the training field to ask why the European champions could not hold on to a lead against the Italians on Wednesday after Oscar had scored twice in the first half.

Ouch, this sounds like RA getting annoyed like when AVB was in charge.

Not a good start :(

As Sheva said in the other thread, just a typical BS exaggerated news by the media whenever we seem to have problems. They have always tried to blow things out of proportion. And RDM said this about the news in his PC:

Sam@daspecial_1

RDM on Roman's Cobham visit: 'He comes quite often to be honest, he likes to be involved and comes down whenever he can.'

As Sheva said in the other thread, just a typical BS exaggerated news by the media whenever we seem to have problems. They have always tried to blow things out of proportion. And RDM said this about the news in his PC:

Hmm that's exactly what AVB said... Go back and read the statements.

RA isn't stupid, he knows how much of his money has been spent on players and the slow adoption of them into the team, not to mention, when they are introduced there is a big impact.

RDM needs to smell the coffee and get moving, because RA isn't a man to piss off as Jose found out, and every manger since...

Hmm that's exactly what AVB said... Go back and read the statements.

RA isn't stupid, he knows how much of his money has been spent on players and the slow adoption of them into the team, not to mention, when they are introduced there is a big impact.

RDM needs to smell the coffee and get moving, because RA isn't a man to piss off as Jose found out, and every manger since...

RDM may not have made the right decisions every time so far and has made mistakes but seriously, some of the negativism here is getting ridiculous. As someone said, lets wait till November when we would have played Arsenal, Spurs, United, Liverpool and City and see what happens before dishing out all these negative comments.

But Di Matteo said: “We’re happy with him. Even when he doesn’t score he either provides or works hard for the team. There are no issues for us. He’s always keeping defenders busy, moving and doing the right stuff. He’s full of confidence and he’s playing well and scoring goals. He hasn’t scored in the last couple [of games] but he’s scored before.

“Bringing in others is not in discussion at the moment. We are happy with our forward and hopefully Sturridge will be fit soon as well.”

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/chelsea/9559057/Chelsea-manager-Roberto-Di-Matteo-refutes-Ruud-Gullits-criticisms-of-Fernando-Torres.html

:fainthv9: :banghead: :no::doh: