Kieran.

MOTM  

128 members have voted

1. 1. MOTM?

• Replies 321
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They deserved, Falcao was fantastic and we were dreadfull. Its over now, Im chill and waiting for next win. Hope we learn from that and play with Moses, Oscar more.

Now lets see what might happen till midnight. I feel it will be very interesting.

That was incredibly embarrassing and painful but we'll simply have to get over it and move on. Let's just make sure we win the World Cup.

Too bad non Chelsea fans will really be enjoying this.

In most cases, the SuperCup comes along once in a blue moon. The Europa League will never be an objective for this club, the Champions League would have to be won again. The world was watching, the SuperCup is a chance to show the world why we’re the champions of Europe, against a lesser side who won the lesser trophy. As a football club Chelsea need all the silverware they can get their hands on, especially the ones that come along so rarely like the Super Cup & Club World Cups.

This result is unforgivable, RDM has humiliated & embarrassed us on the world stage, our biggest defeat since 1996. An absolute shambles of a performance, both collectively & individually, but the buck stops with RDM.

The team didn't show up. Didn't seem to care at all about the match untill it was already too late. Disgraceful. They should be ashamed of themselves really, regardless of it being a friendly.

There was also no pressing at all. No pressure. Atletico had time and space while our defenders just stood there and watched. They were really lazy whereas Atletico pressed and closed down spaces. They were simply up for it.

The headlines are Falcao's and rightly so, it was an awesome performance from the Colombian target man but the whole Atletico team were terrific. All comfortable on the ball, all pressed and all kept their shape. Look at Mario Suarez tonight and then look at Lampard and Mikel, spot the difference. The funny thing is we actually have quite a talented Spanish holding midfield player but obviously he must have killed Di Matteo's pet dog or something cos Di Matteo certainly doesn't seem to like him.

By contrast Chelsea were sluggish, slow and disorganised. Ramires isn't a right winger, the amount of times Ivanovic got the ball in their half but wasted it was headwrecking. He didn't have the quality delivery, he couldn't go past his marker and in top of that it was a horror show defensively, as it was with all of our defenders. Mata and Hazard hadn't the space or the runners to work with. Aside from a decent Oscar cameo there was nothing positive about this, nothing at all.

Terrible performance but I still believe in the team and management.I am confident that the team will bounce back and show their true colors.

Credit to Athletico Madrid,hats off to a team which always looked the better side from the start.

Congratulations to Atletico, clearly the better side tonight. Falcao is just a special player.

I think this game doesn´t mean as much as people make it up to be. It is a UEFA showpiece afterall. Of course it is emberassing to lose that high, but to be honest, watching Robbie in the interview here is just proving that we are on the right track. The attitude was poor, we looked like Pre Season, but fuck it, hats off to Falcao and a very talented Atletico side.

And another thing, I am close to delete my account here. All this knee jerk reactions, all this negativity (which is easily confused with realism, but which i don´t confuse), all these spoiled brats, throwing all out of the pram when it on an off day doesn´t go right,I am sick of it. I honestly don´t know why I invest time into this. Apart from some posters like Hutcho,zolayes, Kez, Duppy and Fulham Broadway amongst others who really can keep their head in situations like this, a lot of people are just premature internet warriors.

In most cases, the SuperCup comes along once in a blue moon. The Europa League will never be an objective for this club, the Champions League would have to be won again. The world was watching, the SuperCup is a chance to show the world why we’re the champions of Europe, against a lesser side who won the lesser trophy. As a football club Chelsea need all the silverware they can get their hands on, especially the ones that come along so rarely like the Super Cup & Club World Cups.

This result is unforgivable, RDM has humiliated & embarrassed us on the world stage, our biggest defeat since 1996. An absolute shambles of a performance, both collectively & individually, but the buck stops with RDM.

Would you like a razorblade with that post?

Jesus Christ. Can always count on TC for an overreaction.

Thank you Term for saying what I want to say in much nicer way, because I can't make a sentence together right now. Fuck everything.

you are so childish in your attitude to sport ..I am certain you cant ever have played except on computers..

poor, and a very disappointing perfprmance. hope this proves to be a one-off and a wake up call and we bounce back from this.

but mostly wat disappoints me most is the fans. "this is embarassing, the whole world is watching", what the fuck kinda comment is this? if u feel embarassed by a loss of chelsea then simply fuck off and stop supporting. bloody plastics.

Just got taught a footballing lesson today. Great organization and movement off the ball for Atletico. Falcao is unreal and the best finisher in the world.

We were shit. End of. RDM solely to blame and the senior players. Luiz, Ivanovic, and Lampard in particular were disgraces. A Cole and Torres showed pathetic performances. Mata was poor, Oscar and Hazard were Average. Only player who gave a fuck was Mikel of all people.

Thank god we lost. (Theoretically speaking) If we were to carry on with the season with Mikel and Lampard in the middle and Ramires at right wing, RDM would be out by December. Hopefully this gives him a fuckin reality check.

Yes Torres was severely marked and Falcao was given alot of space, but during the course of the season there are two major differences between Falcao and Torres...

1. Falcao has the ability to create his own goals without service, something Torres has lacked since 2009.

2. Falcao has pace and abilities that truly benefit his overall play, something yet again Torres has lacked since 2009.

If we sign Falcao, it will be disgusting in terms of football just because after this game and our reputation of going after big names.

Hopefully he will realize that he CAN ditch the double pivot from time to time.

We had the team setup for counter-attacking, but ironically enough we got hit on the counter.