Chelsea 1 - 4 Atletico Madrid

Kieran.

MOTM  

128 members have voted

1. 1. MOTM?

Mega fucked off. I don't even know what i need to say here really, we got shown up. This is the defeat that we should've got in the UCL last season so i'm glad it came today instead and now it's out of the way. Not happy at all though, they were so much better than us all over the pitch. Today i saw a performance that was absolutely shocking. The passing was slow, the tempo was slow, we were hitting high balls to nobody and the service was anonymous. This is the easiest match Atletico will have all season.

Mikel, Luiz, Mata and Ramires were terrible. We need Marin and Moses now to get games out wide and maybe give Oscar some starts because Ramires is no right winger and Mata seems too weak and tired tbh. What the fuck has happened to Marin? did a slight hamstring strain mean he had to have his leg amputated or what? That was an absolute dog shit performance, on par with the worst i have EVER seen.

Credit to Atletico Madrid. Sorry they are in the same league as Barca and Real Madrid but they are a great side and absolutely battered us today. They are a well settled and organised team with an absolute monster or a striker. We, on the other hand are just a team which doesn't even know it's best formation and we have a few players who are inexperienced who need to play some more.

I hope we're better in a few years time with a better formation and a more settled squad. Bring back 4-4-2 and get rid of the players that are holding us back. We were shit against Wigan, nearly lost at home to Reading and the game against Newcastle wasn't good either, suddenly we were gonna win the league. Fact is... this team is not ready yet and this will be a season of real transition. Last years transition was cancelled with AVB's contract. This transition will have to happen now and it may not be nice. We need to target top 4 as simple as that.

Atletico showed us what level our team are at today. They showed us we have a lot of work to do. I'm just pissed off because we still should've competed better and given a better showing. I didn't expect to witness what happened.

• Replies 321
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Obviously I wasn't expecting the score to be 1-4, but I did have a sneaky feeling that we were going to lose...

Quick talking points:

• Lampard-Mikel, never again please.
  • Ivanovic needs to be benched, for now.
  • David Luiz is starting to worry me.
  • Mata and Hazard weren't that great, Hazard better than Mata.
  • On Torres, wasn't a bad performance, but obviously wasn't a good one. Once we see consistent play from the three behind him, it will be okay.
  • I liked what I saw from Oscar. He should start for Lampard.
  • I feel sorry for Ramires. Arguably our best player last year, but it doesn't seem like he fits. The only way he can play in this side is if we resort back to a 4-3-3 or change it up to a 4-3-2-1.

and finally,

• RDM was poor tonight. Unconvincing subsititutions and boring tactics. Ramires on the RW is poor, I personally prefer Bertrand on the left.

a good analytic post ,,most of which I agree with .

Our right hand side with Ramires and Bran was an absolute disaster zone

Don't see what is wrong with losing the Super Cup- its not like we have never won it or anything and it is just the Community Shield of Europe

We're not playing this match every year or every other year so it would be nice to win it obviously.

Lampard m sorry to say should not start big matches anymore...i pray RDM learns,Ramires x not a winger he destroy every step of game plan or team build up in the first half...Luiz should go back to bench...Ivanovic should go back to bench..thank God we now have cesar...though he scored 2 goals in d epl so far...but his defensive disaster is becoming a thing of worry...ramires x losing his position in the team...i dont know where he fits 4 now,...but in d 4231 he a disaster...not a winger at all...bertrand could do even more better...i pray marko fits

A fockin MOTM?! are you fockin kidin me right now? WE WERE TOTAL CRAP!

I just have 1 question. How, how on earth we could play like that after that brilliany start to the season? just how....

Where was that grit? where was that determination Chelsea is known for? where was that fear Chelsea put on every opposition faced us?!

I have to blame RDM for that unfortunately! I love RMD but he simply could not man manager the team and metally prepare the squad for to night.

:banghead:

Don't see what is wrong with losing the Super Cup- its not like we have never won it or anything and it is just the Community Shield of Europe

A team like Chelsea should be competing for everything we are in the running for.

But that's not the biggest problem. The biggest problem for me, which tonight and basically all of last seasons league form highlighted, was that any team who decides to pressure us can push us to the brink and in to submission. Of course Atletico aren't just some team, they're a great oufit, but the sentiment stands true.

Everything that went loose, they wanted. When we won the ball, they wanted it back. When they had the ball, they made sure not to lose it. They had a fight that we couldn't match. A fight, that in the past, smaller teams have brought to us and managed to take away similar victories relative to their stature.

It seems we have plan A, and I'm not even sure what that is. But when that doesn't work, we have plan...

And are you even a fan btw?

No I just choose to spend about £1500 of my own money (quite a lot for a 16 year old really) on a season ticket and following Chelsea up and down the country. I also get up at 3AM to drive to the other end of the country in heavy snow to see us play Newcastle just for a laugh. I like to spend my weekends spending time and money on something I don't even enjoy because I have nothing better to do.

Ok it's bad enough to have to name a motm but 16 voting for Mikel? All his passes were behind players runs and Atletico walked through him nearly scoring 8 times. Like it or not, Hazard again was by far our best player and even he did nothing because of how shit we were as a team.

No I just choose to spend about £1500 of my own money (quite a lot for a 16 year old really) on a season ticket and following Chelsea up and down the country. I also get up at 3AM to drive to the other end of the country in heavy snow to see us play Newcastle just for a laugh. I like to spend my weekends spending time and money on something I don't even enjoy because I have nothing better to do.

I am just amazed how you couldnt see any wrong with that game, that we lost and the way we did it.

I am just amazed how you couldnt see any wrong with that game, that we lost and the way we did it.

I do see that there were things wrong but these things happen in football. Sometimes all of the players don't play well but that does not mean they will play like that for the rest of the season.