Chelsea 1 - 4 Atletico Madrid

Kieran.

MOTM  

128 members have voted

1. 1. MOTM?

Congratulations to Atletico, clearly the better side tonight. Falcao is just a special player.

I think this game doesn´t mean as much as people make it up to be. It is a UEFA showpiece afterall. Of course it is emberassing to lose that high, but to be honest, watching Robbie in the interview here is just proving that we are on the right track. The attitude was poor, we looked like Pre Season, but fuck it, hats off to Falcao and a very talented Atletico side.

And another thing, I close to delete my account here. All this knee jerk reactions, all this negativity (which is easily confused with realism, but which i don´t confuse), all these spoiled brats, throwing all out of the pram when it on an off day doesn´t go right,I am sick of it. I honestly don´t know why I invest time into this. Apart from some posters like Hutcho, Kez, Duppy and Fulham Broadway amongst others who really can keep their head in situations like this, a lot of people are just premature internet warriors.

Please don't leave mate you are one of the longest serving members here & a quality poster the best thing to do is just avoid match day threads after a defeat.

• Replies 321
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The way Cahill just gave up on that right side which led to David Luiz almost scoring an own goal shows that we really didnt give a fuck about this game.

This was the worse ive seen Ivanovic play. Pathetic!!!!!!!!!

Ramirez has 0 technique. Couldnt hold on to the ball.

Would you like a razorblade with that post?

Jesus Christ. Can always count on TC for an overreaction.

Its not the defeat, but the nature of it. On a day, any team could lose, but you should lose with dignity. Really disappointed with the way RDM refused to change anything until the 80th minute.

Its not the defeat, but the nature of it. On a day, any team could lose, but you should lose with dignity. Really disappointed with the way RDM refused to change anything until the 80th minute.

Yes no ones happy with the nature of the defeat. That's not what I was referring to. Acting like this is the end of the world. We've had a bad game, the players will learn from this & move on.

Still top of the league.

Still champions of Europe

Still 5 trophies to go for.

That was the worst performance I've seen since Sunderland (I deliberately didn't watch the Newcastle and Liverpool games last season because they were pointless). Thankfully, despite what some other members make it out to be, that wasn't an important match at all, and I'll gladly take today's loss if it means we learned something valuable against a strong side that will benefit us in other more important competitions. Anyway, credit where it's due; Falcao and Atletico were immense today, and Simeone's tactic was spot on. It's a bit ironic, though, that we tried to dominate the possession while they did what we did against Barcelona. Taste of our own medicine, I guess. Yuck.

I don't understand why Mikel's getting so much criticism. He was fine in my opinion. He did very well to wriggle his way out of trouble and push up when needed to. The downside of that, of course, was that it left our defense vulnerable, but not much else he could do since we were down two since very early in the match.