Kieran.

MOTM  

128 members have voted

1. 1. MOTM?

• Replies 321
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Honestly this was pretty emarrassing. We blew away a chance to win a cup we are not competing for every single year, and in some style. Awful, awful defending. You would say JT is less important than it was thought. Ivanovic is just a shadow of players he used to be.

A night to forget. We were there because we had won the Champions League. And that will never be forgotten.

Don't blame it on defeners, they were left exopsed too many times. We were horrible is in front of their box, that was the key of this defeat. We sold the ball too many times easily. Our attacking midfielders had no idea what to do and how to do it. And it's not the first time. We will, unfortunately, see this movie several more times against the teams who are defending well and have superb counterattack (kudos to Atletico).

I'm not happy to point out anyone, but has anyone seen Mata lately? He is the guy who is projected to make it happen. However, he has been dissapoting once again. He is a class player, there is no question about it, but past few months he is absolutely invisible.

In 4-2-3-1 fomation, we better make those three work. Torres is helpless without their support and counterattcks are raining on our defense.

It seemd to me like the player entered the pitch like the biggest champions, arrogant, thinking nothing can beat them. The attitude was awful.

Every player should publicly say sorry for the performance.

I think in an important game such as a semi final or final Torres just lost his touch. People said he scored against italy and barca but his goals were meaningless, without these goals spain and chelsea would have won anyway. That is why last season RDM always played Drogba in finals and Del Bosque opted to even use Fabregas as striker instead of Torres. Falcao and Drogba are the type of strikers that can win finals. Torres not.

Okay guys. I was in the pub tonight, really excited about the game, but at halftime I drank my beer and left to play some snooker. So I can comment regarding only the first 45 minutes (but I suppose the second half time was not very different).

Atletico have one fucking treasure. Easily the best finisher in the world and he proved it tonight. Give him half a chance and he'll punish you. Give him a chance and he'll humiliate you. Yes, we were humiliated tonight. Just look at the Falcao hattrick. On the counter 4vs4 or 5vs5. What the fuck man?! We attack with the entire team but defend with the back four only. Atletico defend with 11 and attack with 11. They move together as one whole. We can have the ball as much as we want, but when we lose it they'll make their counter with a couple of touches and score. It could have been 6-0 at half time. We were toothless in attack and disorientated in defense. Congratulations to Atletico they taught us a good lesson. I hope we learn this one for the future.

That's apart, for me whatever happens, if we do not win the world cup thing the season will have a sour taste. We had 3 extra cups this season and we were supposed to win them. I'm really really pissed off, but I can't even complain or blame the referee or certain player. We were just not good enough.

The world was watching, the SuperCup is a chance to show the world why we’re the champions of Europe, against a lesser side who won the lesser trophy. As a football club Chelsea need all the silverware they can get their hands on, especially the ones that come along so rarely like the Super Cup & Club World Cups.

This...

Can't be really arsed to write anything atm...

Obviously I wasn't expecting the score to be 1-4, but I did have a sneaky feeling that we were going to lose...

Quick talking points:

• Lampard-Mikel, never again please.
  • Ivanovic needs to be benched, for now.
  • David Luiz is starting to worry me.
  • Mata and Hazard weren't that great, Hazard better than Mata.
  • On Torres, wasn't a bad performance, but obviously wasn't a good one. Once we see consistent play from the three behind him, it will be okay.
  • I liked what I saw from Oscar. After another unconvincing Lampard performance, I'm thinking Oscar should get a start next to Mikel.
  • I'm very biased when it comes to Mikel, but I do not like the Lampard-Mikel duo at all. Mikel's shown that he can play fluid football with this team, partnered with Meireles. Oscar-Mikel might work very nicely.
  • I feel sorry for Ramires. Arguably our best player last year, but it doesn't seem like he fits. The only way he can play in this side is if we resort back to a 4-3-3 or change it up to a 4-3-2-1.

and finally,

• RDM was poor tonight. Unconvincing substitutions and boring tactics. Ramires at RW is poor; I personally prefer Bertrand on the left.

We should have never conceded the third goal. 0-2 at HT is awful but still you can do something about it. 0-3 is a death. Like I said, the players entered the pitch like nothing can beat them. They deserved this honestly. RDM needs to be tough now.