Chelsea 1 - 4 Atletico Madrid

Kieran.

MOTM  

128 members have voted

1. 1. MOTM?

All I've gotta say is hats off to Madrid. Did their homework on hazard and mata, completely shut out those two knowing full well that without them it would be very difficult for us to create chances.

What a player falcao is!! Truly the hottest striker in Europe.

Iva was the worst today, rami had to do most of his defending.

• Replies 321
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes no ones happy with the nature of the defeat. That's not what I was referring to. Acting like this is the end of the world. We've had a bad game, the players will learn from this & move on.

Still top of the league.

Still champions of Europe

Still 5 trophies to go for.

True this match is definitely not the end. (They'll have to wait till December for that. :Goober: )

shit happens...

actually Im encouraged now by the number of fans here who can take a beating . Sometimes a team or a play rips you apart ..

If you have never experienced that then you are posting in ignorance. We lost to a better team ,,,,a few of our players had bad games ..

thats football ... If you cant take that stay away from sport. Losing hurts but it makes winning sweeter

I won't get all doom & gloom, but that was pretty embarrassing. We're supposedly the best team in Europe but were frankly outclassed by the better team - Not just one superb striker.

The fact is, the problems that arose tonight aren't new problems to the team. We know that Ivanovic and Ramires aren't capable of consistent deliveries into the box, we know that Torres cannot control the ball from the goal kick like Drogba could, we know that the back four have struggled against counter attacking teams.

I've always had my doubts about Luiz, and haven't been afraid to voice my opinion of him, he's still a poor defender in my eyes. We look so unorganised at the back without JT, it's frightening. Mikel was the best player out there in Blue as well, and I still maintain that he is not the weak link of the midfield 2, Lampard is.

actually Im encouraged now by the number of fans here who can take a beating . Sometimes a team or a play rips you apart ..

If you have never experienced that then you are posting in ignorance. We lost to a better team ,,,,a few of our players had bad games ..

thats football ... If you cant take that stay away from sport. Losing hurts but it makes winning sweeter

RDM out, Guardiola in. Why stall the inevitable. #CFC

from Term X's twitter- wants RDM sacked now :wank2:

always look on the brightside, could be worse, we could have just watched bayern lose the super cup and we have lost or drawn our starting league games. hopefully tomorrow we can all have a bit of perspective on the matter, and just accept it was a really bad game. lets go see who are signing who

tumblr_m6h7poWucp1rwcc6bo1_250.gif

Mikel has played like shit, Tiote is one of the best DM's in the league, bet you any money Tiote has a better season than Mikel.

Remember this post, because i sure will, and i will come back to you at the end of the season. And if Mikel does better then fair play to you.

I really don't know where to start with this. Absolutely pissed off with the abject and abysmal performance. Just cannot believe we already toss 2 of the 7 trophies down the drain like that. One was because of a stupid challenge and the other, well, nobody bothered to turn up. Everyone in the team need a proper kick up the arse. No urgency. No tempo. No passion. No desire. None of that whatsoever!

Fair play to Atletico Madrid. They did everything we failed to do on the night. Attack as a unit. Defend as a unit. Pressurize us on the ball and win those second balls, which we hardly even look interested of doing it. A well deserved win for them. I just cannot believe how woeful and dismal we were out there. Just really cannot believe it!! :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

Me, too. I was expecting a shitstorm, and I suppose I was right to a certain extent, but it hasn't been as bad as I expected.

Yet another embarrassing defensive performance from David Luiz aka the clown. Ramires was nothing short of awful, and so was Ivanovic.

All in all, a shit perfrormance and a night to forget. Mikel was our best player imo, followed by Lampard and Hazard, who weren't as poor as others.