Chelsea 1 - 4 Atletico Madrid

Kieran.

MOTM  

128 members have voted

1. 1. MOTM?

I do see that there were things wrong but these things happen in football. Sometimes all of the players don't play well but that does not mean they will play like that for the rest of the season.

If we played well and they scored one lucky goal then it's fine but Falcao himself had 4-5 golden chances against us

• Replies 321
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am just amazed how you couldnt see any wrong with that game, that we lost and the way we did it.

we lost because we started too slow ,,,they were quicker to the ball ,,more aggressive ...as a result 2 quick goals left us chasing the game

and they picked us off on counter attacks,

I do see that there were things wrong but these things happen in football. Sometimes all of the players don't play well but that does not mean they will play like that for the rest of the season.

I never said they would. But it was still a pathetic, embarrasing and horrible performance. And this was actually an important game. First of all we've never won that title, and if we would of, it would have been historic.

Congratulations to Atletico, clearly the better side tonight. Falcao is just a special player.

I think this game doesn´t mean as much as people make it up to be. It is a UEFA showpiece afterall. Of course it is emberassing to lose that high, but to be honest, watching Robbie in the interview here is just proving that we are on the right track. The attitude was poor, we looked like Pre Season, but fuck it, hats off to Falcao and a very talented Atletico side.

And another thing, I am close to delete my account here. All this knee jerk reactions, all this negativity (which is easily confused with realism, but which i don´t confuse), all these spoiled brats, throwing all out of the pram when it on an off day doesn´t go right,I am sick of it. I honestly don´t know why I invest time into this. Apart from some posters like Hutcho,zolayes, Kez, Duppy and Fulham Broadway amongst others who really can keep their head in situations like this, a lot of people are just premature internet warriors.

It's exhausting trying to deal with the near-constant immense overreactions. We need more posters with long-term perspective. (Not the "what a bad pass, he needs to go. We need to go buy some 19 year old who is really good on FIFA12. He's worth 50M pounds easy" stuff.). We are going to play 60 or so matches this year. We are top of the league right now. We aren't likely too finish there, but this is a transition year. Expecting every single match to be a win is ridiculous. Expecting every single player to play well every single game is ridiculous. Take a deep breath.

From BBC deadline day page..

Chelsea defender Ashley Cole tweets after losing 4-1 to Atletico Madrid in the European Super Cup: "Well that was a lesson. Absolute joke. No fight, desire, passion, and a big reality check!"

Honest and hopefully as he says, a reality check for this team.

From the start, you could clearly see that Atl. were much better from how they were covering and forcing us to play the pass, pass, air ball like under AVB. My God, Ivanovic was an abomination, he was sooo slow, went too forward, basically looked like an amateur. I hope Azpi gets to start in the next matches, not because I'm overreacting, but because Iva has to feel threatened like David Luiz was when Cahill got signed. I remember him getting much better in the games vs Sunderland and so on. I love Iva but nobody should fucking feel comfortable regarding starting matches, this is why Fergie is a great coach, doesn't cut any slack for anybody.

Time to hibernate and let this shitty evening get flushed to hell, like the 2-4 against City in '10, 0-3 vs S'land in 10-11, etc. And for the spoiled fucks, stop being so pessimistic and just hold on, shit happens, your attitude to adversity is what makes the change....

Embarrasing match. For me it was like some players thought it were just a friendly match, and Atletico started really well. Well, who cares about this trophy? But the way we lost it was embarrasing.

Cahill was really awful, what was he thinking when Falcao get that ball in the first goal? What Luiz was thinking when he missed that ball and let Falcao get it and score? What the defence was thinking in the second goal? ffs.

The fact is, important match or not, we conceded 9 goals in 5 matches. Tonight it could be 6 or 7 for Atlético. Thats a big problem. The reason we were really defensive against Barcelona and Bayern was simple: our defence sucks, so we have to defende with 11 players.

I think we will have a lot of problem this season, in the right back, with our CB and with our DM, specially if RDM keeps using Mikel+Lampard.

Ashley Cole.

nice to see he noticed that now he is off the pitch and did nothing about that during the match

I thought Cole was one of the few who really tried. Even put in a pretty decent performance. You can always count on Cole working hard.

1500312_w2.jpg

My first ever Chelsea game... :wub: Beautiful memories

Guessing the lads who didn't know about that also didn't know who Chelsea were before Roman...

This beating could be a lesson in disguise for RDM. Maybe he will actually learn from his Mikel+Lampard and Ramires at RW mistakes.