Wigan vs Chelsea

BlueLion.

• Replies 826
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oscar's fitness levels are probably higher than all Chelsea and Wigan's players, because he's not coming from vacation--it's essentially midseason for him.

I reckon Oscar should start more (not less) in the first EPL matches and then later allow him time to rest and adapt.

You know, points now count just as much as in the end of the season.

i thas to be considered that many of our players have played 90 min in midweek. Esp Mata should be rested as he is useless when he is not fresh as we have seen too often.

Mata wasnt called up to the friendly.

I think his rest may come around the november mark. Perhaps something like 2-3 full weeks off.

Surely he can get his rest after the first 3 games (newcastle match) and not play vs athletico madrid in the supercup thingy and then he gets 3 weeks rest before QPR match on the 15th of september... That makes much more sense to me... :)

Surely he can get his rest after the first 3 games (newcastle match) and not play vs athletico madrid in the supercup thingy and then he gets 3 weeks rest before QPR match on the 15th of september... That makes much more sense to me... :)

I really feel like we should play our Strongest team in both the Uefa SuperCup and The World Championships, our biggest chance for Trophys this season imo!

Sorry for going off-topic! :D

I really feel like we should play our Strongest team in both the Uefa SuperCup and The World Championships, our biggest chance for Trophys this season imo!

Sorry for going off-topic! :D

I know what you mean but imo the premier league games are much more important, so if he has to miss one game i would rather it be that one, also him missing one game to get a full rest shouldn't weaken our team too much...

I know what you mean but imo the premier league games are much more important, so if he has to miss one game i would rather it be that one, also him missing one game to get a full rest shouldn't weaken our team too much...

I think at home against Reading now on Wednesday would be a perfect game to rest Mata.

I think at home against Reading now on Wednesday would be a perfect game to rest Mata.

Yep, agreed. If we were to rest Mata on Sunday we would then have to start with either Malouda or Meireles and that's something I'd rather not see. IMO Oscar isn't yet ready to start the game but maybe by Wednesday he is even a little bit more settled and could start the match and we could easily give Mata a chance to get some deserved rest. Surely we are capable of beating Reading at Stamford Bridge even without Mata and even if Oscar wasn't yet at his best?

Yep, agreed. If we were to rest Mata on Sunday we would then have to start with either Malouda or Meireles and that's something I'd rather not see. IMO Oscar isn't yet ready to start the game but maybe by Wednesday he is even a little bit more settled and could start the match and we could easily give Mata a chance to get some deserved rest. Surely we are capable of beating Reading at Stamford Bridge even without Mata and even if Oscar wasn't yet at his best?

One would surely hope so... :yes:

Difficult game, maybe we can see oscar in court and he can make diference. I think we have terrible middfielder very very fast as a result torres can start to shine again like old torres we know. predict?? hmmm 2:1 chelsea. let's go lads

I think his rest may come around the november mark. Perhaps something like 2-3 full weeks off.

Not sure resting him around the November period would be a good idea because we'll be playing United, City, Liverpool and Fulham all at home during that time. Probably better to rest him in December when the fixtures are a bit lighter and with us heading to the CWC too.