Wigan vs Chelsea

BlueLion.

I can't believe the effects that Parking the bus campaign has had. Some of you (not mentioning anyone in particular) are so incredibly deluded and all you want the team to do is defend. Sorry but that's not what will happen anymore. One way or another we will play attacking football so please get ready to be heavily disappointed if you actually prefer that negative shit...

• Replies 826
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I understand your point SeB, it's a valid one you make.

However you must remember that Wigan do not have the same quality as Man City. Before the red card we were fine against City. I think you're giving Wigan too much respect, and we won't win that way.

We need to set the pace of the game early on, not start on the back foot.

Definately, if we come at this positively and fast then we should win this whatever system we are playing be it a 4-3-3 or a 4-2-3-1... No disrespect to Wigan. If we come at this game with a highly defensive attitude then it is a very bad sign for the season, though i am sure we won't do that. Also we need to be keeping the ball, creatng chances then recycling possesion and going at them again, something we were not doing in pre season.

I understand your point SeB, it's a valid one you make.

However you must remember that Wigan do not have the same quality as Man City. Before the red card we were fine against City. I think you're giving Wigan too much respect, and we won't win that way.

We need to set the pace of the game early on, not start on the back foot.

I don't give too much respect to Wigan, I just try to be careful. They're a team which caused many tactical problems at several occasions in the past. Yes, we're Chesea but some of our current weaknesses are laughable for a football team and can be counter by wise tactical choices. My point isn't to be always 10 behind the ball... Wigan is certainly not going to park the bus either, they're organised and incredibly explosive in counter attacks.

On the left wing, that's not Boyce's quality, that's his role and his positionning that has to be monitored. If he's not tracked, he can ask the ball way upper than a full back would and then it creates a 2vs1 against the left back.

I don't think we were particulary "fine" against city, I did watch the 1st half and ont of the most noticeable thing we could remark is that they had more passing choices we could handle. So then the players were rather focused to monitor the players coming in their zones rather than searching to come out for the ball, or use it wisely when we had it (especially because Mata didn't behave as a 5th MF).

We were always in numerical inferiority, on tle left Hazard left a boulevard for Milner who made a lot of runs during 30mn. (Ramires was more disciplined and Kolarov is mediocre on the other flank)

When Milner got tired, he stopped making runs. Then it freed a bit Cole who could get forward, precisely when we scored the goal.

With two off-centered leaving their positions players on the wings, our full backs will face the wing backs. Not a matter of threat due to their quality, just a positionning from them which would prevent Cole to come forward

Oscar to start going around in Twitter. Looks like our new boy will make a start right away!!

Oh yeah! Let the game begin!!

donr think he should start, start Danny on the right instead. But will be interesting to see where he plays if he starts.

I can't believe the effects that Parking the bus campaign has had. Some of you (not mentioning anyone in particular) are so incredibly deluded and all you want the team to do is defend. Sorry but that's not what will happen anymore. One way or another we will play attacking football so please get ready to be heavily disappointed if you actually prefer that negative shit...

The Barclays Premier League, brought to you by Anti-FootballTM, suits me just fine. I would love it if we went through the whole season conceding about 10 goals and scoring about 50. There is nothing in football like a watertight defence. Its the stuff of dreams. The players should take the attitude that it is a sin to make the goalkeeper work.

donr think he should start, start Danny on the right instead. But will be interesting to see where he plays if he starts.

Trust RDM to do the right thing! May be he wants Torres to play 60 and then give Danny 30 and keep them both fresh for Reading game. Lets see!

I want to see Bertrand, Romeu & Oscar get some minutes today :cry:

If that happened, I would literally jizz out of my belly button (I'll find a way) and make my cat lick it up.

Come on, we're Chelsea. We should be ashamed if we have to adapt in such ways when facing the likes of Wigan.

We just have to win this game. Hope Di Matteo goes with a 4-3-3 because 4-2-3-1 is not the way to go when facing teams who'll mostly sit back.

Hubris is the downfall of many. I'd rather win ugly than lose beautifully.