Wigan vs Chelsea

BlueLion.

mata maybe rested for the start of the season according to di matteo. oscar debut looks imminent atleast from the bench after meireles plays his farewell game for Chelsea i hope

If meireles is leaving he shouldn't play at all imo. Mata shouldn't be rested... In one weeks time there is a 3 week break til then next prem league match so then he should be rested.

• Replies 826
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i have not kept up with the every page on the thread!

But will oscar start? i really want to see him start

It seems unlikely with him only being there for a couple of days though. Not been confirmed as such though, so it is not impossible. I Can't wait to see him play either.

If meireles is leaving he shouldn't play at all imo. Mata shouldn't be rested... In one weeks time there is a 3 week break til then next prem league match so then he should be rested.

i see u didnt count the super cup. anyway, there are 3 games this week. i would rest him. he has barely had time to rest

i see u didnt count the super cup. anyway, there are 3 games this week. i would rest him. he has barely had time to rest

Yeah i know the supercup is between them and thats why i am saying i would rest him then... Pointless resting him for 3 days when he can play 1 extra week then rest for 3 weeks.

I would love to see some proper defending and I'm not talking about parking the bus. Lately the goals we conceide have been a joke.

I agree though being the first real game of the season we should be stepping up the performances... Well we hope so anyway.

Good game this should be. Looking forward to seeing Hazard in particular. Wigan are one of those teams where when we play you don't know what result you are going to get. It is either a close spectacular finish or a thrashing. Eg Wigan 0-1 Chelsea Crespo last min, Chelsea 8-0 Wigan, Wigan 3-1 Chelsea, Wigan 0-5 Chelsea, Wigan equalizer against Chelsea last season from Gomez 1-1. Then the controversial win where we won last season's game 2-1 with a injury time goal however both goals were offside. Look forward to it, Kone is a big threat.

I predict 3-1 to us this game, come on you blues!

Just because we play against the same 3-4-3 which caused us troubles against City last week

Come on, we're Chelsea. We should be ashamed if we have to adapt in such ways when facing the likes of Wigan.

We just have to win this game. Hope Di Matteo goes with a 4-3-3 because 4-2-3-1 is not the way to go when facing teams who'll mostly sit back.

I don't think Robbie will pick anything else than his current wobbly 4-2-3-1. Wigan is likely to play in his classic 3-4-3.

We really need some hard worning players on the wing. I would like to see Bertrand and Ramires against Boyce and Beauséjour. Oscar may be a wise choice in the hole considering he could orientate the play as we wouldn't have Hazard and Mata leaving their positions. The risk would be him being closed down by McCarthy and McArthur. But I think Martinez will play Jordi Gomez who is more offensive minded and hasn't the same defensive discipline than the Scot.

I understand your point SeB, it's a valid one you make.

However you must remember that Wigan do not have the same quality as Man City. Before the red card we were fine against City. I think you're giving Wigan too much respect, and we won't win that way.

We need to set the pace of the game early on, not start on the back foot.

And the 1-1 from 2008 that ended up probably costing us the title when Heskey struck in injury time. We have had some strange games with Wigan, i hope we just beat them like we should today. No dramas, no controversy, just go out, get the job done and come home. We have another game in midweek so if we can win with minimal fuss, even 1-0 will do.