Wigan vs Chelsea

BlueLion.

This shouldn't be too difficult a fixture for Chelsea, though I believe new boys Oscar and Hazard may take a few games to get going. Saying that the combination of Juan Mata and a hopefully resurgent Fernando Torres should see chelsea through. I reckon 3-1 Chelsea. Click here to see my predictions of the other premier league games this weekend.

nice predictions! i actually agree with all of them!

• Replies 826
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On the Sturridge and Torres front, it doesn't really matter if it will work because i highly doubt it will ever happen, at least at the start of a game... Firstly we only have 2 strikers, so i doubt we will play them both at the same time, even if we get another striker its unlikely... Also we have A LOT of highly talented AM'ers therefore we would lose one of our best attacking midfielders for a two man attack up front...

RDM:

• Aspirations to build on last season and do better.
  • Marin is still injured.
  • Oscar is available.
  • Style of football will change inevitably. Core is still strong.
  • Not willing to talk about transfers. Will see what happens in the next 2 weeks.
  • Expectation levels are high as always. Perhaps more pressure has been added.
  • RDM expects around 4 teams to be challenging for the title. Chelsea included, playing catchup to the Manc clubs.
  • Considers City favourites for the title.
  • RDM's imprint on the squad will take time.
  • Says he always feels responsible for results. Pressure is inevitable.
  • Has spoken to Abramovich about expectations - Not willing to discuss.
  • Will decide RE: Oscar starting against Wigan.
  • RE: Lukaku - He has to look forward to his new challenge. Had a difficult season last season. Better to look forward than back. Should concentrate on the coming season, not the past.
  • RE: Mata - Had a long summer. WILL factor in a break for Mata at some time this season.
  • RE: Wigan - Had a strong end to the season, expecting a difficult game, will not be easy.
  • Not expected to win the title, will of course try to challenge.
  • RE: Moses - Player for Wigan, not willing to speak about him. Says he is young and talented, repeats he plays for Wigan. Expects him to play.
  • RE: Meireles - A lot of speculation about our players, not much he can say, will be involved at the weekend.
  • Says Chelsea will not be held to ransom for players. Will pay what they feel is appropriate.
  • No players coming in before Sunday.

We can still do this!, i know our players are tired from the friendly and Marin out, but i still believe we can do this.

However i think Benayoun should start as CAM instead of Lampard. And put Mata on later in the game to try and change things, we need an impact sub here if nothings working.

Ye bit unsure about Man U though now. Didnt think RVP would be playing but now looks like he will, so reckon they might win now.

yeah i agree, Man U will probably win but i still think there is a chance Everton could cause an upset.

Back 5

Mikel Lampard

Ramires Mata Hazard

Torres

Is what it will be. Hopefully Oscar to start? Unlikely but hope he gets some minutes. Ineresting that Mata will be rested. Just wonder when. Perhaps his rest will start against Wigan?

I think Mata can get a rest when Hazard and Oscar have adaptet to our league and club and when Marin is back. By that time we may also have Hulk/Moses.