Wigan vs Chelsea

BlueLion.

• Replies 826
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not sure resting him around the November period would be a good idea because we'll be playing United, City, Liverpool and Fulham all at home during that time. Probably better to rest him in December when the fixtures are a bit lighter and with us heading to the CWC too.

I just saw that he could be rested for September.

I just saw that he could be rested for September.

I think that would depend on who we get in the Champions League group stage. One thing is for sure, Mata should definitely be rested when the Carling Cup gets underway.

I think that would depend on who we get in the Champions League group stage. One thing is for sure, Mata should definitely be rested when the Carling Cup gets underway.

Agree, Mata should definitely focus on EPL and CL only. Hazard, Oscar, Benayoun, Marin, and Piazon all can play there for Mata in domestic cup matches.

I don't think Robbie will pick anything else than his current wobbly 4-2-3-1. Wigan is likely to play in his classic 3-4-3.

We really need some hard worning players on the wing. I would like to see Bertrand and Ramires against Boyce and Beauséjour. Oscar may be a wise choice in the hole considering he could orientate the play as we wouldn't have Hazard and Mata leaving their positions. The risk would be him being closed down by McCarthy and McArthur. But I think Martinez will play Jordi Gomez who is more offensive minded and hasn't the same defensive discipline than the Scot.

Pleased that every results went our way today and we need to take advantage of it tomorrow. However, judging from last season, not going to raise any hope. We never really win our games when others slip up.

Would like to see:

Cech

Ivan Cahill Terry Cole

Mikel Lampard

Hazard Oscar Mata

Torres

Still have some midfield problems but our attacking ability should see us through and it will be another game for everyone to get used to it a bit more...

Will probably be the same lineup as the community shield with Oscar making a sub appearance. Shame Marin isn't fit as he could have a good game on the wing vs their 3 in defence.

I will be extremely disappointed if we are not top of the league on thursday.

We can still do this!, i know our players are tired from the friendly and Marin out, but i still believe we can do this.

However i think Benayoun should start as CAM instead of Lampard. And put Mata on later in the game to try and change things, we need an impact sub here if nothings working.

Jesus, despite all the money we already spent, this season is not looking good at all...