Oscar

themightyblue

Quick question: Why is everyone putting Oscar in the starting XI? I swear the thing we Chelsea fans do best is hype players.

He is a 20 year old with POTENTIAL who is not, yet at least, good enough to start over the likes of Lampard and Meireles in the double pivot and certainly not better than Mata, Hazard and Rambo in the three behind the striker. If we are to buy him, which I am totally against consider his price, he will most likely spend most of his first couple of seasons here on the bench.

just because he is 20 years old doesn't mean he isn't good enough to get into the 1st team! before his injury Jack Wilshere was playing first team football for both Arsenal and England! if your good enough you will play the same applies for Oscar and De Bruyne! imo Oscar has the ability to break into the first team.

I still wait for the names. Show me players in that age, with that skill, that place in NT and that potential. For that price ofc.

I think many of you don't like this transfer because you hear about Oscar few days ago. Modric [Oscar can be our Modric] would be great but Oscar [same position] don't needed? Yay : |

hi-res-146484024_crop_exact.jpg?w=650&h=440&q=75

Took notice of Oscar a while back and rated him very highly. I praised him a few times on this forum well before Spurs and eventually Chelsea were linked with him. Another player i rate at his position is Paulinho, but he would have difficulty getting a permit.

Kinda predicated before the Brazilian friendlies, that he was going to get the attention of Europe and matter of time before major European clubs came calling. I really didn't expect him going for anything close to 25 pounds, i really see him living up to that expectation, but still at this point 25 pounds is really not justified and a major gamble.

excluding his price and all that said i am very happy with his signing.

So who reckons Oscar will be an impact sub for us this season? If he signs that is.

thats what i believe (impact sub) for first couple months or however long, as he starts to grow chemistry with the guys and settle down. i think we've (chelsea fans and players) will finally have competition which has been long gone for a while. its was always pretty much same XI (cech cole jt carvalho lamps essien DDA anelka)

with odd men comin in every now and then tonplay that nolton game or west ham or villa. tbh i mean when was last time we said "drogba's not been on form start player x" or "anelka looks bit slow play kalou" it hasnt been that way soo i BELIEVE no matter what cm/rw we buy marin can start over rambo at times or cam can be now hazard's place to lose. (just an example)

but back to question, no way in hell is he startin right off bat if he does then ima run around cobham naked! (ancelloti haha)

I've been away from Chelsea news and forums deliberately since we got Hazard, since I wanted to come back surprised and intrigued by the moves we've made during the offseason, but my friend ruined that by filling me in with talks around the league...

So, anyone want to fill me in on what's happened so far? And this Oscar kid, I'm not going to pretend to know a thing about him; how good is the kid for those who have seen a bit of him?

Put it this way; there are only 11 spots but what could be around 60 games (haven't worked anything out just a guess), rotation will be key, and we will no doubt have the strongest/second stronget bench in the premier league. And at times last season it felt like we had one plan and if that wasn't working we didn't ever change it where as now with the exciting young talent we have we can try all sorts of different things which will be great...

100% agree, shall have additional games (world club cup, euro super cup) which is going to require additional rotation. And at times last year (and under carlo) we simply made the same subs every game through necessity rather than for tactical reasons. Our squad was thread bare, strength inf in all areas can only be a good for thing for future success.

Ye, like dudes above I watch Ajax few times, and that Erikson boy wasn't amazing or even very good. Just regular player. Nothing special.

Plus, his father [agent?] hate us, when he was a boy they come few times for trials.

Quick question: Why is everyone putting Oscar in the starting XI? I swear the thing we Chelsea fans do best is hype players.

He is a 20 year old with POTENTIAL who is not, yet at least, good enough to start over the likes of Lampard and Meireles in the double pivot and certainly not better than Mata, Hazard and Rambo in the three behind the striker. If we are to buy him, which I am totally against consider his price, he will most likely spend most of his first couple of seasons here on the bench.

Over Meireles? Are you serious?

Lukaku thought the same but the figure was 18m at that time.

12 million Euros with 6 million in add-ons according to most Belgium reports. The British press stamped the £18 million figure on the deal because they have an agenda.

http://mediacenter.clicrbs.com.br/radio-gaucha-player/232/player/260836/venda-de-oscar-ao-chelsea-deve-ser-oficializada-durante-a-tarde-17-07-2012-12h14/1/index.htm

Any one speak portugues? What they exactly say? [Ye i know, some one write about that above, but maybe they say something more]

Don't know why people keep bringing up his age. He's 20 now and will turn 21 early in the season in September. Same age as Eden Hazard.

Exactly. People comparing him to Lukaku should know better. Lukaku had Drogba and Torres ahead of him, Oscar would be in the mix along with Marin, KDB for a spot within the midfield. He will definitely get more game time than Lukaku and depending on his performances he might even become a starter.

Have you seen Oscar play? And I don't mean youtube compilations, I mean actually watch him play full 90 mins?

I will pose you the same question. I find it hilarious that you really believe that Raul is a better player.

I will pose you the same question. I find it hilarious that you really believe that Raul is a better player.

I have watched him play a few matches with Brazil and two times with inter. He did not exactly impress me at his club. I thought with Brazil he was a better: his passing is good for his age and his vision is excellent. But he is no where near a finished article: he needs to improve technically, he has good movement but is sometimes just lazy, and his defending is just unacceptable in the PL.

I'm not saying that he does not have the potential to be much much better than Raul, but at the time, if I am RDM I would choose Raul over Oscar for any important match. And that is coming from one of the biggest Meireles critics on the forum.