Oscar

themightyblue

Even if Oscar plays,he will be out of position and most probably be a RAM.In that role KDB would have been lethal as he has the experience of playing both as a winger and an attacking midfielder.Also,if Oscar is to be played in one of the three attacking midfield options then what will happen to Marin and Ramires?One of them could play left side but that is only when Mata is either tired or injured.We can forget about KDB playing because he won't agree to the prospect of playing 4 minutes a month and hence will be loaned for 'development' reasons.

I know that Hazard and Mata won't be playing every minute of every game we have so there could be some playing time for Oscar but the thing that bothers me most is that KDB should be the one getting the opportunities of the 'squad player' role rather than the 20 year old Brazilian.

Transfer talks have ended, go to bed wake up go to work and hear on the radio that we have struck a deal for oscar, crazy. Very happy, just waiting for the official announcement!

Last season the talk was: we lack creativity.

Now suddenly Oscar, a creative midfilder, plays in a position that we are overstacked with.

Its seems that the UCL trophy made some people forget how poor we were in most part of the season.

It gets on my nerves how a player is judged to be creative just because some one said so. Tell me please, where does "creativity" play on the field? Central Midfield? Attacking Midfield? Wings?

I think the main component for a team to have creativity is not the passers, we have a midfield of world class players who all can (bar Ramires maybe) pick a pass. The main factor for "creativity" is the forwards making smart runs; that is what we were lacking last year if you ask me. But that is not the debate here.

The point is we already have several players who play in the same position that Oscar does, and because we were so poor last season we need to invest in the areas where we are lacking quality, namely RB and the wings; we can't afford luxury buys such as Oscar. Moreover, we have lost so much experience in the form of Drogba, Kalou, Malouda and Bosingwa, and have only bought young players with potential. I'd prefer we buy a player with experience to compensate for that instead of a 20 year old.

People are never satisfied.

Last season - "we don't have enough creativity!"

This summer - "we have too much creativity!"

How the fuck can you have too much invention? That's like saying we've got too much firepower. You can never have enough firepower.

How the fuck can you have too much invention? That's like saying we've got too much firepower. You can never have enough firepower.

Spot on. Barcelona have a team of creative players, they haven't done too badly. Im not saying we are about to transform into Barcelona but the point is the same, that creative attacking players are so important, especially now when we are trying to change a philosophy we have put into practice since Mourinho's days at the club. I dont think Hazard and Marin would have been enough to change the philosophy effectively but adding Oscar to it aswell gives us a much better chance of beating able to play a certain way each game.

Who said we have too much creativity?! If you are refering to what I posted, I said we have too many central attacking midfielders, we can't play them all, so why pay their fees and wages?

I said we have too many central attacking midfielders

No we don't. We have Hazard and Mata, the only two that will play that consistently. Oscar can and probably will play deeper, or we can play like City, with no wingers and 3 attacking midfielders.

No we don't. We have Hazard and Mata, the only two that will play that consistently. Oscar can and probably will play deeper, or we can play like City, with no wingers and 3 attacking midfielders.

Only Hazard and Mata? What about De Bruyne? Kakuta? Yossi if he stays? Even Marin played behind the striker for all of last season with Bremen.

Even in the pivot role we have all of Lamps, Mikel, Essien if he stays, Romeu, Raul, Josh and Rambo for only two places in the starting XI.

What I'm saying is that we are paying 25m for a luxury signing when we have more pressing needs at RB and the wings.

Marin was converted to a CAM - and people suggested he played better as a 'winger' not a CAM... I have no 'proof' as never saw him play in either position?

Yes it is a luxury signing - but we have 38 Games in Premiership, 3 Cups and not to mention the World Club Cup and Super Cup - so it's going to be a long hard season.

Last year, we lacked depth in our squad - that isn't going to happen this season :)

Yes i agree with that, we also need a strong bench. I personally would start with Obi and Ramires in the middle so it can give us the brilliant balance of pace and ball control. We can then have 4 players ahead of that who can alternate, Oscar can play in the middle in some games and behind the striker in others when Mata needs a rest.

Only Hazard and Mata? What about De Bruyne? Kakuta? Yossi if he stays? Even Marin played behind the striker for all of last season with Bremen.

Even in the pivot role we have all of Lamps, Mikel, Essien if he stays, Romeu, Raul, Josh and Rambo for only two places in the starting XI.

What I'm saying is that we are paying 25m for a luxury signing when we have more pressing needs at RB and the wings.

Yes, only Hazard and Mata. Marin is a winger, he played in the middle at Bremen because they had no one to replace Ozil.

I have always known KDB to be a winger, but he apparently played in a deeper role for some time last season. Anyway, Yossi will be on the bench a lot, and Kakuta will probably go out on loan.

If he is to play in a deeper midfield role (a 3 man midfield), he will rotate with either Lampard or Ramires.

Something like this: Ramires/Meireles--Mikel/Romeu/Essien--Lampard/Oscar

or further forward, 4-2-3-1: Oscar-Mata-Hazard, all 3 can interchange positions and provide a lot of chances for the striker.

Marin is a winger, he didn't do well behind the striker. KDB is a central midfielder, that's where he excelled last season, his performances went up to a different level.

It gets on my nerves how a player is judged to be creative just because some one said so. Tell me please, where does "creativity" play on the field? Central Midfield? Attacking Midfield? Wings?

I think the main component for a team to have creativity is not the passers, we have a midfield of world class players who all can (bar Ramires maybe) pick a pass. The main factor for "creativity" is the forwards making smart runs; that is what we were lacking last year if you ask me. But that is not the debate here.

The point is we already have several players who play in the same position that Oscar does, and because we were so poor last season we need to invest in the areas where we are lacking quality, namely RB and the wings; we can't afford luxury buys such as Oscar. Moreover, we have lost so much experience in the form of Drogba, Kalou, Malouda and Bosingwa, and have only bought young players with potential. I'd prefer we buy a player with experience to compensate for that instead of a 20 year old.

no way was that midfield creative last year. We,lost possession battles against almost everyone last year.

Where does creativity play? Anywhere on the field as long as he can create chances. We where 6th place for a reason. We also Parked a bus in the CL for a reason

kakuta is probably not gonna play as our #10. KDB looks loan bound, and Benayoun was poor last yea. Marin said himself he's a winger.

If Mata or Hazard are played on the wing and perform well, who are we left as our 2nd CAM?

people have criticized Kalou and Malouda so much, yet praise Kdb and Marin. When they haven't done anything to prove they are any better.

many of the guys you mentioned were here last year and we finished 6th in the epl.

Many of those guys also won the CL

we parked the bus against Barca, which I understand, but the way Bayern dominated possession and chances against us was sad.

That CL run was a special run that Drogba lead, you can't honestly claim that squad can win the EPL.