Oscar

themightyblue

Happy to see this signing getting wrapped up. he`s gonna be great in CM doing the job Deco was brought to do. add some creativity to the middle of the field and beyond. his ceiling is as high as Hazards but his floor is much better than many already.

Looking forward to seeing him play with us. Have researched on him the past few days. Although not the quickest his ability to play the pass and his balance are very impressive. Already being touted to be the No. 10 for the 2014 World Cup for Brazil instead of Ganso, who for the last few years was being made out to be the next best thing alongside Neymar. Assuming RDM continues pre-dominantly plays his favoured 4-2-3-1 formation, then I see him playing the 2 in the middle as a deep lying playmaker with more license to bomb forward than Lampard. Although Mikel has improved and played fantastically well in the close season, we don't need to ALWAYS play a DM when playing lesser teams. Mikel was best suited to our more defensive shape and control of midfield in the last few games. Of course, Mikel or Romeu can and probably will play in the more difficult games where controlling the midfield and protecting the back four will be a higher priority. With front line like so:

-----------Torres

Hazard-Mata-Marin/Ramires

----Lampard-Oscar

I feel our attacking play will be very very impressive, on par with Real Madrid and Barcelona (although with Messi they still outshine anybody as his ability to make a play out of nothing is unbelievable). Of course, Lampard is getting on a bit so I see him being told to play this deeper playmaker role (think Pirlo) which we saw when RDM became coach. With Oscar, I believe he will be bombing on like the Lampard of old with the 3 behind alternating and changing positions the short link-up play will suit his game.

Just my opinion of course, but I'm very much looking forward to next season :)

This is about the third time this deal is "100% done," so I'll wait for a "We're delighted to announce the signing of Oscar" tweet from Chelsea FC to get excited.

Looking forward to seeing him play with us. Have researched on him the past few days. Although not the quickest his ability to play the pass and his balance are very impressive. Already being touted to be the No. 10 for the 2014 World Cup for Brazil instead of Ganso, who for the last few years was being made out to be the next best thing alongside Neymar. Assuming RDM continues pre-dominantly plays his favoured 4-2-3-1 formation, then I see him playing the 2 in the middle as a deep lying playmaker with more license to bomb forward than Lampard. Although Mikel has improved and played fantastically well in the close season, we don't need to ALWAYS play a DM when playing lesser teams. Mikel was best suited to our more defensive shape and control of midfield in the last few games. Of course, Mikel or Romeu can and probably will play in the more difficult games where controlling the midfield and protecting the back four will be a higher priority. With front line like so:

-----------Torres

Hazard-Mata-Marin/Ramires

----Lampard-Oscar

I feel our attacking play will be very very impressive, on par with Real Madrid and Barcelona (although with Messi they still outshine anybody as his ability to make a play out of nothing is unbelievable). Of course, Lampard is getting on a bit so I see him being told to play this deeper playmaker role (think Pirlo) which we saw when RDM became coach. With Oscar, I believe he will be bombing on like the Lampard of old with the 3 behind alternating and changing positions the short link-up play will suit his game.

Just my opinion of course, but I'm very much looking forward to next season :)

Ofcourse Oscar can't start right of the bat but if he is worked into the line up then this deal should work out. I also agree with playing Hazard out wide.

This is about the third time this deal is "100% done," so I'll wait for a "We're delighted to announce the signing of Oscar" tweet from Chelsea FC to get excited.

Bah Humbug....

Don't get all serious, this is the summer transfer madness roller coaster ride of emotions :)

These are the times when you know you are a true fan - at least 15 tabs with anything remotely linked to Oscar opened and refreshing quicker than a Paris Hilton sex-tape....

Must stay awake!

Hmmmm

"Brazilian Football Confederation personnel confirmed that Oscar was released for the medical - Feeling is he has already signed for Chelsea"

of he signs, would have loved to have him here for preseason.

I keep thinking to myself that this guy is an attacking midfielder. He's not though, he's more of the Lampard role.. likes moving off the ball, likes getting into space and sometimes gets back! If this guy plays any good for us.. I have a feeling players like Mikel and Essien could be saying their goodbyes!