Oscar

themightyblue

Ofcourse Oscar can't start right of the bat but if he is worked into the line up then this deal should work out. I also agree with playing Hazard out wide.

Yes of course, but I mean, you don't pay £25m (or so reported) for a player to sit on the bench. I assume he'll be very much involved this year. Like you said though, I expect an easy introduction into the team. I hope to see him and Lampard strike up an understanding so that they don't completely disregard their defensive duties, but I feel Lampard is very very experienced and his defensive positioning improved in his new role last season. With him beside Oscar it should be easy for him to learn from him.

The thing with Hazard and the 3 behind the striker is I expect it will be very much dynamic. Although on paper he will be out wide, we've seen Mata can play there as can Ramires so I expect it will be as everyone has already assumed; a very fluid and dynamic 3 who aren't really stuck to a position, rather able to change position to confuse the opposition and exploit the spaces left behind for the deep lying playmakers/CM's.

As someone said before, don't believe until chelseafc.com announce it....and won't discus about him like he is our player...

Sir, I will repeat what I said to another sensible person earlier!

Pizy, on 17 July 2012 - 10:41 PM, said:

This is about the third time this deal is "100% done," so I'll wait for a "We're delighted to announce the signing of Oscar" tweet from Chelsea FC to get excited.

Bah Humbug....

Don't get all serious, this is the summer transfer madness roller coaster ride of emotions

These are the times when you know you are a true fan - at least 15 tabs with anything remotely linked to Oscar opened and refreshing quicker than a Paris Hilton sex-tape....

Must stay awake!

Hulk will be dying to come here even more seeing yet another compatriot move to Chelsea. Oscar should get into his ear during the Olympics about putting in a transfer request. ;)

I keep thinking to myself that this guy is an attacking midfielder. He's not though, he's more of the Lampard role.. likes moving off the ball, likes getting into space and sometimes gets back! If this guy plays any good for us.. I have a feeling players like Mikel and Essien could be saying their goodbyes!

Theres no way Mikel says goodbye to us!! <_<

Sir, I will repeat what I said to another sensible person earlier!

Pizy, on 17 July 2012 - 10:41 PM, said:

This is about the third time this deal is "100% done," so I'll wait for a "We're delighted to announce the signing of Oscar" tweet from Chelsea FC to get excited.

Bah Humbug....

Don't get all serious, this is the summer transfer madness roller coaster ride of emotions

These are the times when you know you are a true fan - at least 15 tabs with anything remotely linked to Oscar opened and refreshing quicker than a Paris Hilton sex-tape....

Must stay awake!

I am awake, but I'm in different time zone, it's midnight already, so I'm off soon...just don't believe chelseafc.com will announce anything tonight...maybe tomorrow :)

Hulk will be dying to come here even more seeing yet another compatriot move to Chelsea. Oscar should get into his ear during the Olympics about putting in a transfer request. ;)

Could be part of the Boards Masterplan!!!

Imagine that - world class brazilions, like London busses, wait all month for one and two come along :)

So are we now?

Chelsea?

ChelStella (belgiums)

ChelJaneiro (brazilians) sp?

Whatever it is - it sounds F!!!!!!!!G good :):):):):

Yes of course, but I mean, you don't pay £25m (or so reported) for a player to sit on the bench. I assume he'll be very much involved this year. Like you said though, I expect an easy introduction into the team. I hope to see him and Lampard strike up an understanding so that they don't completely disregard their defensive duties, but I feel Lampard is very very experienced and his defensive positioning improved in his new role last season. With him beside Oscar it should be easy for him to learn from him.

The thing with Hazard and the 3 behind the striker is I expect it will be very much dynamic. Although on paper he will be out wide, we've seen Mata can play there as can Ramires so I expect it will be as everyone has already assumed; a very fluid and dynamic 3 who aren't really stuck to a position, rather able to change position to confuse the opposition and exploit the spaces left behind for the deep lying playmakers/CM's.

has that ever worked though? Kaka and Musit Ozil seemed to struggle together and so did Nasri and Silva. I really don't know of a team with more than 1 creative forward that succeeds. Barca doesn't count.

Just a curious question here: Has 'anyone' thought at all, that he could 'potentially' need a work permit to sign for us??

Or has he attained the required number of caps for Brazil for that to be unapplicable??

This kid is quality and work permit shouldnt be a problem. I think his age favours him as he has been capped at under 19, 20, and 23 too. If Ramires managed to get a wp, why not him? I dont know the circumstances of Piazon.

has that ever worked though? Kaka and Musit Ozil seemed to struggle together and so did Nasri and Silva. I really don't know of a team with more than 1 creative forward that succeeds. Barca doesn't count.

Kaka and Ozil work fine together but Di Maria is simply a better option than Kaka. Silva and Nasri also work very well together. Kagawa and Gotze is another one that works.

I had a chat with the guys at FM who coded these updates - as long as he in the first time for country and makes a minimum number of appearances for the Intl Team, a permit is granted.

So it would appear he would qualify in terms of getting a work permit!!!

;) ;) ;)

Kaka and Ozil work fine together but Di Maria is simply a better option than Kaka. Silva and Nasri also work very well together. Kagawa and Gotze is another one that works.

Not too sure but the AC Milan of a few years ago, with Seedorf and Pirlo in the middle? That seems the same kinda idea I was going with, with Pirlo playing deep playmaker and Seedorf bombing on but returning to do defensive duties.

Either way, the previous mentions are all nice too. Should be exciting to see what RDM has planned with all this exciting attacking talent on his hands. I'll let him 'worry' about this haha