Oscar

themightyblue

what does it say?

It's Oscar's Facebook page and in the second link it has an article on how Chelsea have submitted a bid for him. I don't think he would post that if he weren't coming to Chelsea.

That sky sports link was posted hours ago, and that's not his Facebook...

He hasnt signed yet, let's not get carried away.

Paulo Freitas@Cynegeticus

#Internacional's president Giovanni Luigi told 'Terra' that he is waiting for another#CFC offer for Oscar this Tuesday.

rick@ChelseaBlue09

@Cynegeticus Is he saying he is expecting another Chelsea bid on tuesday? 17/7/12

Paulo Freitas@Cynegeticus

@ChelseaBlue09 Yes. According to him the last Chelsea offer happened last Friday.

Barcelona famously passed up the chance to sign David Villa a year earlier than they did because they felt he was being overpriced by a club who needed the money. Neither Real Madrid or Barcelona rated Silva highly enough to be drawn into a bidding war with City, the same can be said of Chelsea and Mata, with our main competition for the signing coming from Arsenal 9not exactly known for their heavy spending). Gary is an excellent centre back and could well have been priced at 15 million had he had 3 years to run on his contract, we did pay 24 million pound for David Luiz afterall. Yes, I think Oscar is a better potential player than Reus but as I say, I rate Oscar very highly, Reus is an excellent player, Oscar is the kind of player who usually ends up at Real Madrid or Barcelona, that's the difference. While all of that is true, I dont take stats that seriously and I've seen enough of Oscar to safely say that he is a very special player.

If what you are saying is true then nobody should have bought Kaka, Barcelona shouldn't have taken the expensive (by the standard of the age of the player) gamble on Messi, remind me, how did both of those work out? Not every player can be born in Europe (where the leagues are stronger) you just have to judge a player on his own merits, on just how good he is and how good he can become. Why seperate youth and talent when Oscar is both young and immensely talented?

Give me a break. Kaka cost 8.5M Euros and Messi cost nothing. If Chelsea were to spend those amounts on anybody, I wouldn't care. And the difference between Kaka and Oscar? Kaka was named the best player in Brazil before Milan bought him. Oscar's nowhere near that level. He wasn't a candidate for player of the year and he didn't even make team of the year. He was not deemed to be one of the best players in Brazil by people who watch that league and you're trying to argue that he's one of the best players in the world.

You're also arguing something entirely different that makes no sense. Your basic argument is "some South Americans can be great, so therefore paying anything can be justified for a South American who might be great". It's nonsense both in fact and in logic. If we went and bought some crappy Northern Irish player for 50M pounds, I could say, "well, how well did George Best turn out"? Just because Kaka turned out to be a fantastic player, doesn't mean that every Brazilian with potential will. Just because a player might have incredible potential, doesn't mean that he's worth 25M.

Your example of Villa shows exactly the opposite of what you were trying to say. Real Madrid didn't go after him because they thought he was overpriced, not because he was discounted as you said. Mata was not some cheap find, he was a top young player bought for a good fee of 23.5M. Some people here live in a bubble where spending 20M pounds is nothing. The average Premier League team spent 25M pounds in total last season. There were 3 players in the entire league that were bought for more than 20M pounds. (Aguero, Mata, Nasri). Other clubs are able to get talent, even young talent, even exception young talent for less than 25M pounds.

Give me a break. Kaka cost 8.5M Euros and Messi cost nothing. If Chelsea were to spend those amounts on anybody, I wouldn't care. And the difference between Kaka and Oscar? Kaka was named the best player in Brazil before Milan bought him. Oscar's nowhere near that level. He wasn't a candidate for player of the year and he didn't even make team of the year. He was not deemed to be one of the best players in Brazil by people who watch that league and you're trying to argue that he's one of the best players in the world.

You're also arguing something entirely different that makes no sense. Your basic argument is "some South Americans can be great, so therefore paying anything can be justified for a South American who might be great". It's nonsense both in fact and in logic. If we went and bought some crappy Northern Irish player for 50M pounds, I could say, "well, how well did George Best turn out"? Just because Kaka turned out to be a fantastic player, doesn't mean that every Brazilian with potential will. Just because a player might have incredible potential, doesn't mean that he's worth 25M.

Your example of Villa shows exactly the opposite of what you were trying to say. Real Madrid didn't go after him because they thought he was overpriced, not because he was discounted as you said. Mata was not some cheap find, he was a top young player bought for a good fee of 23.5M. Some people here live in a bubble where spending 20M pounds is nothing. The average Premier League team spent 25M pounds in total last season. There were 3 players in the entire league that were bought for more than 20M pounds. (Aguero, Mata, Nasri). Other clubs are able to get talent, even young talent, even exception young talent for less than 25M pounds.

not the kind of talent that oscar poses though, and that's where the price tag is coming from.

oscar = more potential then gotze, moura, reus, schurle, marin, am i forgetting anyone? he is a playmaker in the mould of a fabregas in that he can play deep or as a no 10. the potential is just far too much. this where the price tag comes from. whether we should be paying the price or not is another debate.

" and the oscar goes to " ROMAN ABROMOVICH THE BEST OWNER IN THE WORLD!

everyone saying his even better then Neymar ( no joke even Brazilian fans on other sites )

OFF TOPIC

i was reading the moura thread on redcafe, the bitterness! ahahahaa

" if chelsea pay 25 million for oscar then we will have to pay 35 million for moura "

ahahaha

" and the oscar goes to " ROMAN ABROMOVICH THE BEST OWNER IN THE WORLD!

everyone saying his even better then Neymar ( no joke even Brazilian fans on other sites )

OFF TOPIC

i was reading the moura thread on redcafe, the bitterness! ahahahaa

" if chelsea pay 25 million for oscar then we will have to pay 35 million for moura "

ahahaha

Swear down I don't think i can stomach that same 'And the oscar goes to ....'' joke for one more day! ... :cry:

Swear down bruv.

I wouldn't get too carried away with the reports on SSN, they can be unreliable at times. The deal does seem close though. And Internacional have every right to be demanding a lot for Oscar. He is 50% owned by his agent, so they fee will be split.