Oscar

themightyblue

Put it this way; there are only 11 spots but what could be around 60 games (haven't worked anything out just a guess), rotation will be key, and we will no doubt have the strongest/second stronget bench in the premier league. And at times last season it felt like we had one plan and if that wasn't working we didn't ever change it where as now with the exciting young talent we have we can try all sorts of different things which will be great...

Put it this way; there are only 11 spots but what could be around 60 games (haven't worked anything out just a guess), rotation will be key, and we will no doubt have the strongest/second stronget bench in the premier league. And at times last season it felt like we had one plan and if that wasn't working we didn't ever change it where as now with the exciting young talent we have we can try all sorts of different things which will be great...

If we get to the final in all possible competitions, I've come to a figure of 67. Probably wrong though :lol:

If we get to the final in all possible competitions, I've come to a figure of 67. Probably wrong though :lol:

Well even if we don't get that far in all competitions then your still looking at around 55 games which is a big season... :)

How will he fit in our formation is matter of Robbie's decision and plans. He could be winger, second striker, playmaker, cm or attacking midfielder. No point discussing until he will actualy play. I only hope he will suceed wherever he plays.

How will he fit in our formation is matter of Robbie's decision and plans. He could be winger, second striker, playmaker, cm or attacking midfielder. No point discussing until he will actualy play. I only hope he will suceed wherever he plays.

I agree with that, until we see how Di Matteo plays him (if we can secure the signing) we dont know for sure what position Di Matteo envisions him playing. Personally I thought it would look like this.

Mikel, Lampard

Hazard, Oscar, Mata

Torres

With lots of interchanging of positions between the two behind the striker, with all of them being fairly comfortable playing in any of the 3 positions behind the striker. But maybe Di Matteo thinks he will play in a deeper role. I dont know, we just have to wait and see.

I agree with that, until we see how Di Matteo plays him (if we can secure the signing) we dont know for sure what position Di Matteo envisions him playing. Personally I thought it would look like this.

Mikel, Lampard

Hazard, Oscar, Mata

Torres

With lots of interchanging of positions between the two behind the striker, with all of them being fairly comfortable playing in any of the 3 positions behind the striker. But maybe Di Matteo thinks he will play in a deeper role. I dont know, we just have to wait and see.

Yup, i like the idea of a fluid 3 behind Torres and it would be an amazing 3 to have too, young and gifted.

But there's no Ramires to be seen, damn it!

He was our best outfield player last season and yet no one ever includes him in potential line ups.

Because its difficult to know where to include him. Can he really play as part of a fluid 3 behind the striker? I have my doubts. He didn't impress in the double pivot either when he played there. Personally I think that when he does play it will be in the double pivot, occasionally stepping in for Lampard. But again, that's guess work, maybe Di Matteo will want wingers ho stay wide, in which case maybe Ramires and Marin will both play.

has it been wrapped up or still speculation?

I would say 90% done.. Even SSN are reporting about it... I assume they just need to iron out some personal terms, but the fee has been agreed as far as i am aware.

Because its difficult to know where to include him. Can he really play as part of a fluid 3 behind the striker? I have my doubts. He didn't impress in the double pivot either when he played there. Personally I think that when he does play it will be in the double pivot, occasionally stepping in for Lampard. But again, that's guess work, maybe Di Matteo will want wingers ho stay wide, in which case maybe Ramires and Marin will both play.

He played there with Meireles. Ramires and Mikel would be good, Ramires using his pace and energy in a box to box role. Ramires has to play.

He played there with Meireles. Ramires and Mikel would be good, Ramires using his pace and energy in a box to box role. Ramires has to play.

He played in a 4-3-3 with raul meries. It is expected we will play a 4-2-3-1 which he unfortunately doesn't have a definate role in, as he is not a RW or a defensive midfielder. He is highly suited to the 4-3-3 though it seems unlikley we will play that.