Oscar

themightyblue

Have you seen Oscar play? And I don't mean youtube compilations, I mean actually watch him play full 90 mins?

Yes, seen him play 6 full matches. Meireles is a liability in the double pivot, he was awful through most of last season with his careless passing and weak tackling.

TBH it doesn't matter who will play out of Oscar and Raul, as lampard will play ahead of Raul, so basically it is either Lampard or Oscar, as we are not gonna pay 25 mil for a midfielder to be 4th in line, assuming unless Mikel occupys one of the two holding midfield spots. And for me Lampard deserves to start more than anyone, and has always been quality. Between Lampard and Raul Merelies its not even close and we don't know how good Oscar is yet, but i am excited to find out. I know lampard wont play loads of games etc..... But with all the new signings and expected 4-2-3-1, lots of players have been pushed down the pecking order, one of which is raul merieles.

Yes, seen him play 6 full matches. Meireles is a liability in the double pivot, he was awful through most of last season with his careless passing and weak tackling.

I completely agree. Actually if you check Raul's thread you'll see that I am one of his biggest critics around. However, I would not start Oscar over him in any important match because firstly Meireles works a lot harder and is much more experienced, and secondly because Oscar's defending is weak even for the Brazilian league. Add to that, I think Oscar is best in a 4-3-3 when he can rely on two other central midfielders to cover for him, I'm not too sure how well he'll fit in a double pivot role.

We must be aware that we lost an excellent choice. Both Oscar and the inability to hire Nilmar. We need a man with the boat, speed of the game for some situations. The Oscar performing this function. He is a complete player, helps in the recovery of the ball. We will need to find another possibility. - Internacional manager.

"Oscar won't leave Internacional for less than 20m Euros, thus they know what they have to offer."

So why is our offer reported to be 31 million Euros? Maybe it is 25 million Euros, not pounds...

"Oscar won't leave Internacional for less than 20m Euros, thus they know what they have to offer."

So why is our offer reported to be 31 million Euros? Maybe it is 25 million Euros, not pounds...

Yeah I think is Euros as well.

But Henrique should know! blue%20scalf.gif

link broken

Worked fine for me.

Says this:

The midfielder

Oscar barely arrived in London and went straight to Chelsea.

Even at the airport, the sponsor was released by the Brazilian team to conduct medical examinations in English club and sign the contract.

The official announcement should aacontecer in the coming hours.

It is speculated that Chelsea pay 25 million Euros (U.S. $ 62.1 million) by the Brazilian.

We must be aware that we lost an excellent choice. Both Oscar and the inability to hire Nilmar. We need a man with the boat, speed of the game for some situations. The Oscar performing this function. He is a complete player, helps in the recovery of the ball. We will need to find another possibility. - Internacional manager.

from this quote, I guess he can play in the pivot role.