Oscar

themightyblue

Oscar is tactically far better than most no. 10's around his age and that's what endears mourinho and fans like me to him despite his age to improve. We all saw in the spurs game that he played little football but his tactical response to the need of the team was second to none. Players like kroos are technically better than oscar in terms of quality on the ball but nowhere near what oscar can produce tactically for a team and his technicality isn't bad either its just not his greatest strength, tactical acumen is his greatest strength which is quite rare in his position, to prove my point mata was a victim due to less adaptability to tactics despite being technically excellent mata>>>kroos.

The fact that this has been discussed so much over the past few days is hilarious. Only months ago, we were all debating about why Oscar is preferred by Mourinho as opposed to Mata because the former is more of an all rounder that fits totally into Mourinho's system and what he wants of his No.10. Now because of a supposedly huge bid from PSG coming, some have had their heads turned thinking it's just so easy to sell him and just a simple case of replacing one AM with another, when that's not even the case. Mourinho likes Oscar because of his tactical discipline, his dynamism, workrate and that ability to link the midfield and attack as well as arguably acting as a 3rd CM when defending in our 4-2-3-1 system (so that we don't get outnumbered etc). Sure, Oscar can still definitely improve offensively in terms of producing better end product in the final third and doing so more consistently but does the supposed replacements that were mentioned - Kroos, Isco or Draxler - have that attributes like Oscar mentioned in the last sentence? No. Those 3 might have a better end product than Oscar now but they are not an all rounder like him and in the current system and demands of Mourinho, they would probably just be another case of Mata.

The problem is that certain Chelsea fans are spoiled and want everyone to be a hat trick hero every game, instead of looking at the big picture and seeing what the players use is in the future or even over a season. I bet when he scored that cracker against Juve, they all were happy to say he was going to be one of the best. Now he has a slight slump in goal scoring form he needs to be replaced, very fickle.

A lot of people want to blame Ramires, but I think this dude performance is far worse then Ramires.

He has drop form drastically since we sold Mata.

Another reason why Mourinho is right to say we are not favorites. We just don't have consistency in our team.

And I will give some slack to Oscar cause he's young and has plenty of room to grow.

Remember one day he will be one of the best CAM in the world...and people on here laughing at PSG offer of 50m for him hahahaha

Fucking hell he isn't fit to lace Kroos's boot, one plays well every big game, one get missing after a brief good period.

The lack of quality he sometimes displays is shocking. Fantastic workrate and capable of linking up the play well but needs to show a lot more composure on the ball, find that killer pass more often and really start contributing to goals.

Too many excuses thrown around to defend him, but next season he really needs to step it up. We can't keep relying on Hazard to perform.

If only we can somehow merge him together with Mata or Silva right now. Would have been perfect!

The lack of quality he sometimes displays is shocking. Fantastic workrate and capable of linking up the play well but needs to show a lot more composure on the ball, find that killer pass more often and really start contributing to goals.

Too many excuses thrown around to defend him, but next season he really needs to step it up. We can't keep relying on Hazard to perform.

I agree with you. But when you lose form you don't get it back all of a sudden. I think he looked better this game than the previous 5-6 games. Still not up to expectations but never the less positive signs