Oscar

themightyblue

List of players to replace Oscar:

Draxler

Kroos

Isco( he will want to leave if Madrid keep benching him)

and more...

Nah Draxler isn't much better (if any).

Kroos probably isn't available + not sure he's what we need.

Isco is a player I'd really like to see because I really think he has that special something to be one of the best. The thought of him and Hazard linking up..

Real wont sell him though and I'm not sure he fits Mou's plans. Oscar does..

This is really strange to me. A young TALENTED player who was performed great in the first half season and dropped in form in the second half SO WHAT? It happens to the most mature players in the world. This is no excuse to THINK of selling him even for 40 mil. Man if managers would sell players for dropping in form , no player would remain in a club for a full season. Be patient he is still developing and with the World Cup he will definitely improve and get more experience.

I think some of you don't really get my point.

You make it look as if I said "Oscar hasn't been performing lately and therefore we should definately sell him ASAP !"

That's really not the case. I love oscar.. I think he'll be a great player. But for me, if someone offered 40m I'd have to atleast consider it.

Anyways that report (of the 40m offer) is probably BS and Chelsea aren't gonna sell Oscar so.. no point in this.

List of players to replace Oscar:

Draxler

Kroos

Isco( he will want to leave if Madrid keep benching him)

and more...

None of those is better than Oscar apart from Kroos who wouldn't fit Mou's system. I'd rather have Meyer than Draxler btw.

I have a little concern about our player from Brazil.

It looks to me that they play better for the NT than the club. Half hearted performances from Oscar and Luiz recently. They should not forget that the team is always more important. If you dont give everything for your team in a teamsport you wont go far with your career. (opinion, not fact)

BUT

I take Oscar over any other young talented '10' player.

It looks to me that they play better for the NT than the club. Half hearted performances from Oscar and Luiz recently. They should not forget that the team is always more important. If you dont give everything for your team in a teamsport you wont go far with your career. (opinion, not fact)

BUT

Because they compliment each others in that team and have world class LB & RB to help them in attack.

Look Azpi's heat map of yesterday game, how on hell the danger could come from the left flank? So Eden is always 1 vs 2. If he gives the ball to Oscar, one of them can roam to help Oscar's defender and that limits Oscar's ability to create something we are making their bus.

article-2576655-1C24E7C000000578-694_634

BUT

I had this discussion a few days here. Again it's only my opinion, not a fact either.

Brazilian players are light - in the style and physically by default. Hulks aren't easily found here except for defenders and from time to time a CF. Our wingers, midfielders and strikers are normally very light, used to a lot of space, with slow football and way less physical. When they go to a league like English it's a shock of reality. Why do you think Ramires took two years to really be able to cope? He said for a few months he felt like a truck ran over him after he finished the matches. When they play for the NT they normally play Brazilian style. Also the same reason they more often than not play better in Europe. The style of many countries is less demanding physically, they have big pitches and the teams are slower than what they face in England. Other South American countries are more physical, or faster or other characteristics more similar to Europe although in general South American football is about flair, talent and time to think style, while European is faster, more physical and more tactical. Tactically we're years behind Europe (generally speaking). That's the reason why. David Luiz may have had half-heartened presentations for us. Ramires, Oscar and Willian never had one. They give their all every single match, even if they suck that particular day and have dips of forms now and then

Just because Oscar and Luiz play better for Brazil, it doesnt mean they are not giving their all at Chelsea or that club football isnt their focus!

The thing is Brazil is a team with excellent chemistry and very well coached (by two WC champions, btw). It is not only our players that play better for Brazil than for their clubs, it's almost everyone: Julio Cezar, Daniel Alves, Paulinho, Neymar, Fred, etc. Everybody has upped their game when playing for Brazil lately.

Now, with Mourinho and a little more experience, Oscar will certainty improve. I predict he not only will start playing in the same level for Chelsea as he does for Brazil, but he will become even better. It is what he does with us that will ultimately define him, not Brazil!

Dont worry, he will come good...

I hope you're right with your last sentence. I really don't want Oscar to become another Adriano, playing good for a year or two and then disappear completely.

I hope you're right with your last sentence. I really don't want Oscar to become another Adriano, playing good for a year or two and then disappear completely.

Oscar is not Adriano, trust me!

Adriano only had a couple of fantastic seasons because he was never able to stay sober. He is an alcoholic who has fought depression throughout his whole life. It was never his football that was the problem, but his mental and physical health due to all his off the pitch problems!

Definitely nothing similar to our Oscar...

Oscar is not Adriano, trust me!

Adriano only had a couple of fantastic seasons because he was never able to stay sober. He is an alcoholic who has fought depression throughout his whole life. It was never his football that was the problem, but his mental and physical health due to all his off the pitch problems!

Definitely nothing similar to our Oscar...

My point was that i don't want him to disappear after some years like most talents do. Adriano was just the first that came in my mind.

But overall my point still stand, if we get 50m euros for him and we sign Kroos for 20-25m then I would happily take that considering Kroos is just as good if not BETTER PLAYER. 25m for striker or new CDM or whoever, just too good to miss.

Your point is well taken but not accepted! Try something else & good luck.

The team isn't complete, I think everyone agrees with this. We need a proper striker to divide the pressure put on Hazard, Oscar. When we get the last pieces of the puzzle completed then we will see full backs bombing forward, attacking players having more room to work their magic and so on. Good stuff will happen but it wont happen in a blink of an eye. Rome was not built in a day.

Also agree what Barbara and Rmpr said about the different styles of Brazilian league and European leagues. I think Oscar has done well so far, if he keeps his head down and works hard, he will become even better, more complete player for us and the national side.

In recent days, I keep reading about Oscar & PSG intentions of signing him.

The way I see it. Either it´s a slow day at some newspaper office or these Frenchies are watching some sci-fi movies, lately.

I am certain, Jose would never let Oscar go to PSG now or in the near future.

To me, Oscar is a vital part of Chelsea´s team. This kid moves the team & his play is almost as important as Hazard´s.

Therefore, I would not attribute too much weight into these idiotic rumors.