Oscar

themightyblue

Correct me if I'm wrong, but majority of Oscar's caps for Brazil have been friendlies against the likes of China, SA, and Iraq in this Brazilian world tour. It's easy to shine when you are the world cup hosts playing these terrible footballing countries. You don't have to play through the brutal CONMEBOL qualifiers. This is an important factor people forget.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but majority of Oscar's caps for Brazil have been friendlies against the likes of China, SA, and Iraq in this Brazilian world tour. It's easy to shine when you are the world cup hosts playing these terrible footballing countries. You don't have to play through the brutal CONMEBOL qualifiers. This is an important factor people forget.

That is very true, but he also had excellent performances against big teams like France, England, Argentina, Spain, Italy, etc.

It is not his fault Brazil is hosting the World Cup and has to play against smaller sides in meaningless friendlies!

Still he was one of our best players imo in the Confeds Cup.

I know that this is a mickey mouse tournament to fill FIFA's pockets even more, but he was the key for our attackers to have a balanced midfield behind them, providing them space and freedom to attack. He's a key player for us, regardless of the opponent, and he's showed that against the teams we played, including Spain, although the final was his worst match imo.

He's played MUCH better today - bar his finishing. Which is saying a lot from his recent form as he was still far from brilliant. I think he linked up very well with both Hazard and Willian as well as Eto'o and later Ba.

I want more of this, I want more than this and if his presentation as well as Willian's is showing where they're headed, then I think they're recovering form just when we need them the most. I hope they continue from where they stopped there today.

Unlike Hazard I don't think the main detractor to their form is motivation, I think Willian's been struggling to adapt to the league and was a bit nervous and uptight because of his spot in the NT being threatened and Oscar's really, really tired, still adapting to the physicality. But I think they're motivated just fine. They just need more time. Oscar might need a special work to be done with him if he continues to struggle with the physicality and the weather, as those are the things he's struggling with according to Mou.

I thought he did ok.. not too great.

Wasn't awful but wasn't good either..

He'll have to show more than that to make the starting line-up.

Although I still think him, Hazard and Willian is our strongest 3. Schurrle hasn't really convinced me yet.

I didnt like him today, just because we won 4-0 it doesnt mean he played well...

I agree, but barely anyone played "well" today IMO. Everyone was average bar maybe Eto'o, Ba or Matic who were probably slightly above average.