Oscar

themightyblue

Totally agreed with the above post. The boy is young, and I think he is still developing physically. He still could do with a bit of beefing up. Mentally as well, I think he struggles in terms of his confidence.

why is this thread so quiet?

Oh right, because he scored a brace and had a good match :P

As I've been saying for three matches in a row now, he's ascending in form - very clearly - just when we need him to.

@remains of the day has been absolutely brilliant in her analysis. He's much more lively when he's playing with Schurrle alongside him.

This boy - let's not forget he's a boy - has great personality and he's developing a great character too. He knows we need him the most now, so he'll bring his best whatever it takes.

Tactically I don't have words to say how much he's immense. He's still far from his best, but at least now he's there...

why is this thread so quite?

As I've been saying for three matches in a row now, he's ascending in form - very clearly - just when we need him to.

@remains of the day has been absolutely brilliant in her analysis. He's much more lively when he's playing with Schurrle alongside him.

This boy - let's not forget he's a boy - has great personality and he's developing a great character too. He knows we need him the most now, so he'll bring his best whatever it takes.

Tactically I don't have words to say how much he's immense. He's still far from his best, but at least now he's there...

Anything to say to lionsden??

why is this thread so quite?

I am really happy for the kid. He reminds me a lot of Zico. He has a lot of potential to be amongst the greats. I am happy he is steadily getting his form back and I am betting that he will go up to extreme levels. Jose will take care of him, and haters will always wait for him to slip. Don't think about them really, just keep supporting the kid and enjoy his progress

why is this thread so quiet?

Na, it's because you can't make anything from this game. It was over after 8 minutes and Oscar wasn't involved much in that. Like the 8-0 Villa win last year, scoring against a team that has given up (and down to 10 men) is pretty meaningless in terms of a player's form. He played well last game though so hopefully, he is getting back to his early season form.

Na, it's because you can't make anything from this game. It was over after 8 minutes and Oscar wasn't involved much in that. Like the 8-0 Villa win last year, scoring against a team that has given up (and down to 10 men) is pretty meaningless in terms of a player's form. He played well last game though so hopefully, he is getting back to his early season form.

oh, so it's damned if he does and damned if he doesn't?

Got it. Thanks for clarifying though ;)

oh, so it's damned if he does and damned if he doesn't?

Got it. Thanks for clarifying though ;)

How is that damned if he does or damned if he doesn't? If he plays well consistently like he did early in the year, people will be praising him like they were earlier in the year. Scoring the 4th and 5th goal against a 10-man team doesn't show anybody that he's back in that kind of form.

Hard to take too much from that performance, he still looks a little bit downhearted at times but he's got two goals and an assist this week which is a massive improvement on the last few months. Needs to keep playing his way into form for us to do anything this season.

Encouraging but nothing definitive.