Oscar

themightyblue

With Oscar we've still been defensively strong enough to pull out wins. I don't know what Mata would've done for us but whatever he might've given us going forward would've been negated by his lack of workrate when pressing the game.

But there's always going to be a few who crawl out of the woodwork to say 'I told you so' and they'll be rubbing their hands with glee if we miss out on the title.

With Matic in the team I think Mata would have been covered better than with Mikel, he was good at pressing but he was no dud too, he could do a job when asked, I think he would hv been good enough to win us games without compromising our defence but tht said sadly we shld move on from Mata

With Oscar we've still been defensively strong enough to pull out wins. I don't know what Mata would've done for us but whatever he might've given us going forward would've been negated by his lack of workrate when pressing the game.

But there's always going to be a few who crawl out of the woodwork to say 'I told you so' and they'll be rubbing their hands with glee if we miss out on the title.

You're delusional and it's hilarious you're still pretending our defensive fragility was solely because of Mata. You seriously don't know what Mata could have done for us? And I'm supposedly the one with the agenda.

The 33 goals & 58 assists for us in 2 seasons must have never happened.

We've improved defensively because Mourinho has finally decided on his first choice CB's, Azpilicueta has been in godly form and of course the purchase of Matic. We've been great defensively even without Oscar in the team.

You're delusional and it's hilarious you're still pretending our defensive fragility was solely because of Mata. You seriously don't know what Mata could have done for us? And I'm supposedly the one with the agenda.

Nah, you're the one who came out and said you hope Man United destroys us the next time we play them. That's your agenda.

I think he's a good player who simply didn't fit the system. Oscar still fits the system but simply needs to regain the form he was showing earlier in the season.

Mata could have taken a heavy burden off Hazard these past few weeks. The burden of carrying this limited Chelsea team must be weighing on him heavily both mentally and physically. We're hopeless if he doesn't make a significant contribution or don't score off a set-piece/defensive error it seems.

Mata could have taken a heavy burden off Hazard these past few weeks. The burden of carrying this limited Chelsea team must be weighing on him heavily both mentally and physically. We're hopeless if he doesn't make a significant contribution or don't score off a set-piece/defensive error it seems.

We need other players like Willian, Oscar, Salah and Schurrle to contribute but that doesn't mean that selling Mata was a mistake. If I'm going to regret any player going it would be De Bruyne but the Mata deal was good business long-term.

We've improved defensively because Mourinho has finally decided on his first choice CB's, Azpilicueta has been in godly form and of course the purchase of Matic. We've been great defensively even without Oscar in the team.

I think you should get over it. Mata has been sold, no matter how much you talk about how good he is he wont come back.

Whats concerning is that he seems to show up for Brazil more than for CFC even if pple argue he is tired. It might just be coincidence u never know

The Brazilian midfield is a nice cohesive unit though. It's probably a hell of a lot easier to play good in front of paulinho and Gustavo while next to hulk and neymar and press from the front than it is to constantly having to turn around and press from the back.

Hell, even stick in someone like fernandinho(who I feel has been Manchester city's best player this season) and it still works.

He has less work to do with them.

Mata's assists didn't save us from finishing #6 and #3 (being 12 points - at some point 20 - behind the leaders) the last couple of seasons, so we're definitely a step up in the evolution of the team. As you said in a subsequent post, Mata just didn't fit.

I'd rather have Oscar playing shit and have us running for the title than Mata's one million assists (that he didn't have this season anyway) and us being double digits behind the leaders, and barely getting a UCL spot.

Too much sense in this post. Unfortunately the Mata fanboys wont understand any of it.

So it's due to Oscar presence that we are fighting for the title? Don't forget he was there when we finished 3th, the year before, Hazard wasn't with us when we finished 6th but it's easy to forget we won the FA Cup and the CL and the Europa League with Juan.

It's too easy to turn things the way they are more convenient.

The main reason we are fighting for the title is because we are more solid at the back with Cahill and Terry partnership

And it's not being a "Mata fanboy" to show him a bit more of respect for what he does for us.

Kalou, Bosingwa and Malouda was with us when we won the Champions League, infact we won the league with these 3 (something we didnt manage with Mata in the team)....do we show them as much respect?

Oscar spent all of his time on the wing when Mata was no.10. He did the donkey work, whilst Mata went in with his lazy challenges. To say we are challenging because of Terry and Cahill is ridiculous. Yea they are a great partnership, but theres a lot more to it than our CB's.

I cant believe half of Oscars thread is covered in Mata comparisons.

Just hope this guy recovers his form, can be deadly when he gives a shit.

I think it's well known that I rate Oscar highly but I have to agree with some of the criticism. He has been really poor for a long time now and he offers very little in terms of building play and creating chances. His off the ball work is great but we need more than that.

I think it's time Willian moved inside and Oscar was dropped to be honest. He has been terrible and isn't playing himself out of bad form, Mourinho has given him too much time.

I think it's well known that I rate Oscar highly but I have to agree with some of the criticism. He has been really poor for a long time now and he offers very little in terms of building play and creating chances. His off the ball work is great but we need more than that.

I think it's time Willian moved inside and Oscar was dropped to be honest. He has been terrible and isn't playing himself out of bad form, Mourinho has given him too much time.

I agree.

Although Willian hasn't really been that great either..

So I'm really not sure as to what we should do.

I agree.

Although Willian hasn't really been that great either..

So I'm really not sure as to what we should do.

Willian at least keeps the ball and keeps moves flowing. When Oscar is off he is fully off and can't even do the simple things, controlling the ball almost becomes a chore. Willian offers the same workrate but much better technical ability.

Willian at least keeps the ball and keeps moves flowing. When Oscar is off he is fully off and can't even do the simple things, controlling the ball almost becomes a chore. Willian offers the same workrate but much better technical ability.

Willian ain't smart. I will use the word stupid because it's what he is. He has an amazing tecnique no questions asked but far off making the right decisions at the right time cuz he ain't an intelegent player. We need a world class AM next to Hazard cuz at the moment we only have one.