Oscar

themightyblue

List of players to replace Oscar:

Draxler

Kroos

Isco( he will want to leave if Madrid keep benching him)

and more...

Draxler not that good. He already lost his role to a teenager.

Kroos is a better passer/technique than Oscar, but he is slow as a slug (similar to Mata) however, a lot stronger. I'm not sure he would buy into the Jose Mourinho pressing idea.

Isco is a good call, however, I doubt Madrid sell him after one season and his age/nationality.

Very risky when dealing with these massively valued players. Obviously +200m offers cannot be ignored for even Ronaldo and Messi but those teams can't evaluate how much they've upset their fans through those kind of deals. Cavani + Silva + 40m won't keep our as relevant as Hazard out there, the papers don;t care about Silva and Cavani like they do Hazard. I would be upset if we got anything under 150m for Hazard, money isn't worth a once in a decade player. Here is another thing about football markets, the window where people are spending a lot is a bad window to sell. If you sell a good player in a scared transfer window (without already having a replacement) good luck replacing the player, why do you think the other teams are offering so much? Because a player like that is not available anywhere else on the market. It's like the housing market, if you are getting a lot of bids/offers on your home that's nice but it means it will be hard to buy your new home so be prepared. You need to know what your future looks like when selling a unique player like that.

Oscar is also in that category. Not as sought after as Hazard of course but not a player that has crossed my mind to transfer window business for us. If you think Oscar is the kind of player we would work to replace this upcoming window you are still stuck in our old ways and haven't been paying attention to what the club has been showing us with initiatives to be become less reliant on transfers window after window. In our 4231 any replacement for Oscar is either not are quick on their turns or decisions, can't dribble as well or lazier than Oscar. Those three criteria are incredibly important to that position, speed is important and most options I see don't have it. Our tree attacking midfielders need to all have speed and dribbling to that they can attack like a shotgun when they do.

This is really strange to me. A young TALENTED player who was performed great in the first half season and dropped in form in the second half SO WHAT? It happens to the most mature players in the world. This is no excuse to THINK of selling him even for 40 mil. Man if managers would sell players for dropping in form , no player would remain in a club for a full season. Be patient he is still developing and with the World Cup he will definitely improve and get more experience.

Oscar is still insanely young to be playing so many games at this level, he has potential to develop massively. I think people forget just how young he is because of how many games he has played for us and how good he already is (which is funny given how he looks about 15).

List of players to replace Oscar:

Draxler

Kroos

Isco( he will want to leave if Madrid keep benching him)

and more...

isco is not half of what oscar is physically. This is a pkayer who has been benched by a right winger for a rcm position.

Sane goes for draxler. Not anywhere near oscar in physicality. Dude have u seen us pkay this season???? At ALL??? Do you have a clue how pivotal oscar is to mourinho's system??? Oscar has had a very average 2-3 months but this selling him for 40mil talk while buying draxker (who was allegedly wanted by arsenal but a 40mil bid was turned down) is utter rubbish.

Kroos is 24, dude was a rotation player at Oscar's age.

Kind of hard to get into the team when you only got wait for it...Bastian, Martinez, Mueller and co ahead of you...All top 10-15 players in their position too and in some case the best at that point. Now he is so good that he even managed to overtake them.

Kind of hard to get into the team when you only got wait for it...Bastian, Martinez, Mueller and co ahead of you...All top 10-15 players in their position too and in some case the best at that point. Now he is so good that he even managed to overtake them.

Martinez transfer in last season.

Thomas is a winger.

Kroos is already losing his position to a better player right now. Thiago Alcantara/Mario Gotze.

He's hardly overtaken them - quite often Bayern will play with most of the midfielders you mentioned together bar maybe one. + they have had injuries to Martinez and Shweinsteiger this season which has opened the door. Not as simple as Kroos "overtaking" them all lol.

Martinez transfer in last season.

Thomas is a winger.

Kroos is already losing his position to a better player right now. Thiago Alcantara/Mario Gotze.

Naaa he was in 2012, so when Kroos was 22 like people on here said, same age as Oscar now. Yeh but at Bayern he used to play in middle because Ribery and Robben always occupies the wing. No he hasn't, he is still being used regularly and especially big games like against Arsenal and others. In fact he is that good he is playing despite the wealth of talent that Bayern got and why he got the balls to demand 150k from Bayern.

I guess it is true.

The Argentinians really do hate Brazilians..

Nah, we hate Argentinians, they hate to love (or envy) us, but good call :P

If this guy didn't say a lot of nonsense about almost all things he talks I'd credit his comments on Oscar on that. But go do a search on his posts and you'll see his BS is a gift that keeps on giving... so I don't think it has (solely) to do with Oscar being Brazilian.

Now all of you approving of selling him for 40m. Who will we replace him with that will start playing high level from the first day? No foreigners, unless they already play in EPL, because otherwise they'll have to go through an entire adaptation process. Then, what are your guarantees that said player will actually adapt? I can already see people saying Lallana... still, a risk imo.

It's different selling a useless-to-the-system-Mata for 37 than a fit-the-system-perfectly-Oscar for whatever amount of money (it's not like anyone will offer him what was paid for Neymar, so realistically speaking, 40m already seems like a stretch of what the market would pay for him).

The thing with Oscar is that he still struggles with the physicality and the weather. He's 22, just give him time and he'll flourish. English football might not have been the best suited for him (as it normally isn't for most Brazilians), but I do think he can work it around perfectly... with time and a management from someone like Mourinho. Too bad he had a season wasted here being coached by limited di Matteo and nonsensical spanish waiter. He could be further in his development and adaptation process with proper management.

Also it seems you guys forgot what happened just a couple of months ago.We got rid of the best AM in the league because he didnt fit in our system, and now you lot want to replace our system #10 with even lesser players than Mata.What would be the logic.The funny part is people are mentioning Kroos and Isco.

I don't think the people criticizing as understanding the debate. NO ONE, I REPEAT NO ONE AS A CHELSEA FAN WANT OSCAR TO GO. Just that for the price HE CAN GO because it is too good to miss. With all the FFP stuff he will never ever reach that 60-80m mark people are hoping for. And another thing is that there are perfect replacements on market for decent prices and that is why some people wouldn't mind we letting him go for an inflated fee.

I don't think the people criticizing as understanding the debate. NO ONE, I REPEAT NO ONE AS A CHELSEA FAN WANT OSCAR TO GO. Just that for the price HE CAN GO because it is too good to miss. With all the FFP stuff he will never ever reach that 60-80m mark people are hoping for. And another thing is that there are perfect replacements on market for decent prices and that is why some people wouldn't mind we letting him go for an inflated fee.

What the F???

we have torres, ba , etoo, marin , moses, kakuta, mikel, lamps, bertrand, cole , pva and add to that we might very well sell luiz and cech/courtois. But u want to sell the lynchpin of this team and system. What more u want to sell him for 40mil but replace him with another 40mil rated draxler/isco/kroos. Where is the sensr in this?,,